PDA

View Full Version : Building a new string jig?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I got tired of the old jig. I like to put 325 to 350lbs of tension on the string so there will be no peep rotation. The old jigs beam was to weak. So I went out and brought home all the materials to build a better one. It cost a few bucks but it will be worth it. So I have been welding and working on it. Hopefully by mid week we will start breaking it in.
I already have a customer waiting to have a string built. So I will let you guys know when I am up and running again.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
03-06-2011, 02:38 PM
please do hutch.my buddy just got a new exile and he is wanting a custom string.atthat moment i said wait till hutch is up and running.:D

Ehunter
03-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey Hutch, looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. Keep us all updated!

gibson 787
03-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Building a new string jig?

Hadn't realised til recently you were a string maker Hutch. From now on you've got my business. BTW, do you make flemish strings for traditional bows?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Hey Hutch, looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. Keep us all updated!

I am taking pics as I go. I think it will be a great improvement over my old one.

SonnyThomas
03-06-2011, 04:33 PM
please do hutch.my buddy just got a new exile and he is wanting a custom string.atthat moment i said wait till hutch is up and running.:D

You gotta be kidding....

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Hadn't realised til recently you were a string maker Hutch. From now on you've got my business. BTW, do you make flemish strings for traditional bows?

I don't as of now. I have a friend that does. And he is top notch. Right now he is getting rehab on a leg from a job accident. But when I am up to it I will probably learn from him.

gibson 787
03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't as of now. I have a friend that does. And he is top notch. Right now he is getting rehab on a leg from a job accident. But when I am up to it I will probably learn from him.

Thanks mate.:)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
You gotta be kidding....

Why?

Simple Life
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Why would he want to change good strings?:confused:

Simple Life
03-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Sounds like you have been busy,be nice to see it finished.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Why would he want to change good strings?:confused:

Don't know why. But a lot of people change their stock string because they don't like manufactured strings. I might not you might not but hundreds do.

Simple Life
03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Don't know why. But a lot of people change their stock string because they don't like manufactured strings. I might not you might not but hundreds do.

I thought the Hammerheads where suppose to be good quality?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I also think most like to pimp out their bows.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I thought the Hammerheads where suppose to be good quality?

They are but how many know about them. Mainly the people that are on here.

Simple Life
03-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I also think most like to pimp out their bows.

;)No problem

gravedigger
03-06-2011, 05:51 PM
You gotta be kidding....

no im not.he wants a new string.so i said wait till hutch has his up and going.i paid alot for my new string.......i have to ask,are you saying that i have to be kidding because i recomended hutch.or that he is wanting to replace a new string.oh shoot.sorry sonny.i did not read down enough.he is that type of person.you know.he has extra tax money and wants the best of the best.

SonnyThomas
03-06-2011, 06:17 PM
no im not.he wants a new string.so i said wait till hutch has his up and going.i paid alot for my new string.......i have to ask,are you saying that i have to be kidding because i recomended hutch.or that he is wanting to replace a new string.oh shoot.sorry sonny.i did not read down enough.he is that type of person.you know.he has extra tax money and wants the best of the best.

No problem, but to shuck Hammerhead strings before giving them a try just slays me. As for extra money, well before I retired I probably paid more in taxes per year than a lot people earn in a year today and I plain wouldn't buy strings unless I had a problem.

HawgEnvy
03-06-2011, 06:24 PM

tell your buddy I'll take his "old" strings/cables when he changes them out.

gravedigger
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
hawg i will tell him.and young people love to spend spend spend.im not saying im older then i am(27)but with a wife,daughter and bills to pay these days i try to think befor i spend.key word being try:rolleyes:

SonnyThomas
03-07-2011, 06:54 AM
27?!!!! Lord! Well, when 35 I was called a pup. Between 35 and 55 I was sort of in between stages, I guess. Once in the Senior division was called just old. Then somewhere between then and now, 62, I acquired Old Man stage. Now according to Carlso 68 is Old Geezer class.

But preception comes in. At first I thought they were talking about moisture, rain, but preception at this stage is just how old you feel, I guess. My motorcycle, bronc stomped body sort of doesn't want to get going after a good night sleep or is it broke and repaired parts take longer to wake up? I think I've slowed down a bit. Used to be I'd kick King Kong's and Godzilla's butts twice each on Sunday morning. Now I take on one or the other on Saturday and the other on Sunday. :(

gravedigger
03-07-2011, 08:15 AM
27?!!!! Lord! Well, when 35 I was called a pup. Between 35 and 55 I was sort of in between stages, I guess. Once in the Senior division was called just old. Then somewhere between then and now, 62, I acquired Old Man stage. Now according to Carlso 68 is Old Geezer class.

But preception comes in. At first I thought they were talking about moisture, rain, but preception at this stage is just how old you feel, I guess. My motorcycle, bronc stomped body sort of doesn't want to get going after a good night sleep or is it broke and repaired parts take longer to wake up? I think I've slowed down a bit. Used to be I'd kick King Kong's and Godzilla's butts twice each on Sunday morning. Now I take on one or the other on Saturday and the other on Sunday. :(

62 is the new 40:Dman i run cemetery been doing it for 8 years and people are living longer and longer.so believe me when i say.your still young.

alex
03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
I didn't think that your nickname here is so meaningful. ;)

gravedigger
03-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I didn't think that your nickname here is so meaningful. ;)

yep its true through and through.im a one man show at a 10 acre cemetery.im the office manager.i take care of funerals,all sales,digging graves,all grounds keeping,night watch on drunkin hollidays,to keep it shor anything and everything that has to do with cemetery and equipment repair i do it all.:cool:

Ehunter
03-07-2011, 12:41 PM
And I figured he was just a fan of Monster Trucks. lol

gravedigger
03-07-2011, 01:20 PM
And I figured he was just a fan of Monster Trucks. lol

lol...i get that so much.:D

Spiker
03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Okay - thats it!
I've been thinking about moving to Oregon.
The people that run the cemetary here blow.
I so have to work on my retirement plan somemore. :D

alex
03-07-2011, 02:03 PM
yep its true through and through.im a one man show at a 10 acre cemetery.im the office manager.i take care of funerals,all sales,digging graves,all grounds keeping,night watch on drunkin hollidays,to keep it shor anything and everything that has to do with cemetery and equipment repair i do it all.:cool:

Sounds like a lot of work.

gravedigger
03-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Sounds like a lot of work.

it is.but im helping people with the last help a person will need.and really i get to work outside,im my own boss(perty much)i tell my self what to do.and my cemetery looks great.on a hill.view of most of the mountians in oregon,its great.ya know the trick to being a gravedigger is no emotional envolvement..and beer,bows,wheeling camping ect...bad thing is im on call 24-7.i have not had a real vacation in 5+ years.allways have to be able to get cell service when im hunting,have to check my phone twice a day.if there is a funeral then its pull up camp and get to work.thats life.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Half way done on the string jig. Now some of the tough work next. Drilling and grinding. I just keep telling myself it is worth it. Ya ya that's it.

Ehunter
03-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Hutch, just keep your eye on the prize. Gonna be a thing of beauty when you get it all done.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Hutch, just keep your eye on the prize. Gonna be a thing of beauty when you get it all done.

Ya the prize that would be a three colored pimped out string, built perfect with no peep rotation.

parttimr
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
And here I was happy with the Hammerhead until after 100 shots I still am getting some peep rotation and now you wanna pimp out strings with no rotation.....dang it Hutch, lol.:)

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Okay - thats it!
I've been thinking about moving to Oregon.
The people that run the cemetary here blow.
I so have to work on my retirement plan somemore. :D

I'm sure that new powder coating shop would do a lot of work in Oregon, they've got a smaller Rocky Mountain elk herd than Colorado, but have Roosevlts on the coast. Also have 3 types of deer. And it's right down the road from Martin.:)

Spiker
03-08-2011, 09:35 PM
The PCing is only a part of my business.
My wife can work just about anywhere there.
We love the Willamette Valley.
And the Elk - - - - lot's here, also lots of people after them.
Whats the archery success ratio there?

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 10:58 PM
As always, its how hard you work at it. I think they're about 10%, not sure. Maybe Elkslayer will know, its listed in their reg book. Saw a lot of dead elk the first rifle season while ES and I scouted for the 2nd season. :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Waiting for parts:( on the string jig. Tomorrow I will be back to cutting and welding.

elkslayer4x5
03-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Yaaayyy!:) Of course, if you spent as much time working on that jig as you do in front of that keboard, it might be done now! LOL....:D

Arrow Splitter
03-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Yaaayyy!:) Of course, if you spent as much time working on that jig as you do in front of that keboard, it might be done now! LOL....:D

Hmmmmm.... He has over 1000 posts... Yeah, I think he talks too much.lol:D:D

ElkSlayer
03-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Yaaayyy!:) Of course, if you spent as much time working on that FOOD PLOT you do in front of that keboard, it might be done now! LOL....:D

Gee couldnt say it better my self...lol :rolleyes: yapmaster :D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Nope! laptop and multi-tasking:rolleyes:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-12-2011, 03:32 PM
The jig is over half way done and I am getting excited. Can't wait! I post pics when I am done.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Hmmmmm.... He has over 1000 posts... Yeah, I think he talks too much.lol:D:D

If you would help with the work instead of playing computer games I would be in business now

Dad:mad:

Arrow Splitter
03-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Don't worry guys, I'll find some way to rig his computer so it won't work until he's done the jig.:D:D

A.S

Arrow Splitter
03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow, I'm almost to 400 posts.....I guess I'm doing a pretty good job of talking as well.:D:D:eek:

A.S

elkslayer4x5
03-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Pretty much...:rolleyes:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-13-2011, 05:10 AM
About time someone else told him that!:rolleyes:

Simple Life
03-13-2011, 08:50 AM
If you would help with the work instead of playing computer games I would be in business now

Cut his sponership;)Hutch~n~Son Archery Staff Shooter

Arrow Splitter
03-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Pretty much...:rolleyes:

Now I hope you realize that I couldn't ever do as good of a job as you do.:D:D
After all, on BroadheadTalk I have 80 posts, and you have well over 100, but you joined after I did!LOL I just had to add that.

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Now I hope you realize that I couldn't ever do as good of a job as you do.:D:D
After all, on BroadheadTalk I have 80 posts, and you have well over 100, but you joined after I did!LOL I just had to add that.

A.S

He didn't tell you about 200 posts under my name were his.

ElkSlayer
03-13-2011, 11:42 AM

Time to ground him ....lol pull the plug in the middle of his game:eek:
he will hate it...lol my son does ;)

Don't worry guys, I'll find some way to rig his computer so it won't work until he's done the jig.
A.S

Or you could just help the ole guy, this is all for you, right :cool:

He didn't tell you about 200 posts under my name were his.

Hutch

Oh a bit of ghost writing, huh AS.... lol We all see your green lights on

I would be glad to help ya out Hutch..but buy the time i got there, you sould be done....lol

Arrow Splitter
03-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Oh a bit of ghost writing, huh AS.... lol We all see your green lights on

Nope, that was before I had my user name.:D;)

A.S

ElkSlayer
03-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Nope, that was before I had my user name.:D;)

A.S

:confused: ;) humm

Arrow Splitter
03-13-2011, 01:07 PM
:confused: ;) humm

Hey, if I keep talking, I might even catch you! LOL:D

A.S

ElkSlayer
03-13-2011, 05:31 PM
;) You may :D but we will try to keep you an the Jig Busy...and spring is comming ..what sort of mower you got :cool: and dont you have target's to make too..boy your slackin... hahhahahaha

Arrow Splitter
03-14-2011, 07:21 AM
;) You may :D but we will try to keep you an the Jig Busy...and spring is comming ..what sort of mower you got :cool: and dont you have target's to make too..boy your slackin... hahhahahaha

The mower I've been using is a 4.5 horse Murray push style with a 22" cut, and it came from the dump. The mower is just about like new. After bringing it home from the dump, all it really needed was a blade replacement. Why people throw stuff like that away I don't know. I will be using a Ford LGT lawn tractor(18 horse Kohler engine, 42" cut) as soon as Dad and me can finish rebuilding it.:cool:

A.S

ElkSlayer
03-14-2011, 07:26 AM
see you have lots to do rather then yap it up..."You'll never catch me see"
sorry had to quote a movie...one you may have never seen unless you like the ole black n whites:D

Arrow Splitter
03-14-2011, 07:52 AM
see you have lots to do rather then yap it up..."You'll never catch me see"
sorry had to quote a movie...one you may have never seen unless you like the ole black n whites:D

I will as soon as Dad gets the time.;) I'm not exactly an engine whiz. Right now I basically just have school and little things to do besides shooting and breaking arrows(Yeah, I broke another one).:D Of course when the string jig is done it's all over.:D

A.S

ElkSlayer
03-14-2011, 08:06 AM
shooting and breaking arrows(Yeah, I broke another one).:D Of course when the string jig is done it's all over.:D

A.S

No Pic's it didn't happen AS....lol ALWAYS keep a camra handy :D
we want pictures;)

Arrow Splitter
03-17-2011, 04:36 AM
No Pic's it didn't happen AS....lol ALWAYS keep a camra handy :D
we want pictures;)

:cool::cool: