PDA

View Full Version : What kind of trail cam do you use?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
What kind of trail cams are you guys using?

Hutch:cool:

elkslayer4x5
03-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Right now I've got a pair of Wildview ll's. 2 mega pixel, 4 second trip time, 30 ft flash, has 3 resolution settings low, lower and is this thing on? Paid about $30 ea, 2-3 years back. Way better stuff out now , 1 second trip times, 40ft flash, more internal memory, longer run time ( up to 6 months ) on smaller batteries, 4 AA's. Several to choose from under a C note. :)

martinbowhunter
03-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I use a bushnell trophy camera with color viewer. This thing is awesome! Though i only use it in my backyard because i don;t want anyone to steal it.

Ray from Auburn
03-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Bushnell Trophy Cam also, but no color viewfinder. Day and night photos very clear.

Skbengal
03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I have a bushnell trophy cam and a wildgame cam 4.0.Both take great pics but I get way better battery life out of the bushnell.

Simple Life
03-08-2011, 11:54 AM
2 Moultrie D-50 5 mp.

SL

Lung Buster
03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I use the Remington Ghost 5.0 mp, dual flash and infared for night time use, 2 gb memory card. It has been a pretty good camera but don't be cheap on batteries because they get used up quickly.

Speedykills
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I have one of moultrie digital game camera 100, its showing its wear,but still takes good pics.

bowhntr
03-10-2011, 02:26 PM
i have a few of them
wildview ez-cam 1.3m: it has flash and all fixed settings, but for what it is i love it had it almost a year no problems pat 65.00 at dicks

remington ghost 5.0: infrared or white flash(never used white)pictures are usually pretty clear color a little faded. ive got a few nice bucks on this one paid 75.00 10 months ago

wgi ir4: wasnt a bad camera until a bear attacked it, now the pics are a little blurry and the bat. life sucks. paid 100.00 10 months ago

wgi s2: 2.0 m flash camera with video and daylight only settings. used it once and the batteries died after one day called customer service they said i have a faulty camera and send it back for replacement. in the process of doin that right nowpaid 60.00 a month ago

wgi ir3c: 3.0m infrared fixed settings no video. I absolutely love this little camera. it has a respectable trigger speed, decent battery life, and for 3.0 megapixels really clear pictures. i just wish it had a delay time shorter than one minute, or took multiple pics at once. but by far my fav. camera paid 80.00 in july now there on sale for 69.99 at dicks.

i am a game camera "nut" i keep them going all year long but i only use 1or2 once the season starts so that im not scenting up my area allthe time. I really want one of those trophy cams, they say they will last all year on 12 AA bat. i dont know if that is true but the most i get is like 2 weeks, even though the wgi cameras advertise a month. i just really cant afford to spend that much money on one camera. i probobly should, with all the batteries i buy, but every time i save the money to get one i always leave the store with something else!!! i also hear over on www.chasingame.com that the wgi ir6c is a pretty good one. all of my cameras are either black or grey, but i get a roll of that camo tape and make them camo. i also put a couple pieces of black electrical tape over the l.e.d. indicator lights im not sure if this mkes alot of difference but it hides the camera from thieves a little better at night. i try to only check them in the rain if i can. it is not legal to feed the deer in my state so i put just a little bit of scent, like vanilla or anise or some thing like that just to get them to stop and pose for the picture. i rambled on a little but like i said i love using my cams