PDA

View Full Version : Film Dip

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I want to get my cams and sight film dipped. I thought that I'd leave the modules on the cams and just have them dipped as a single piece. The sight is another story, as I see it I need to break it down to 3 pieces. There's a slight problem, as I want the inside of the pin housing to remain the flat black it is now. If I move the rheostat up over the fiber that should protect the fiber from being dipped, but how do I keep the film from entering the housing ? The 06 Slayer is Mossy Oak Break up, but Mossy Oak isn't avaible as a dip film. Of the 14 samples below , which would you choose? :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/Camandsightcamodips.jpg

Arrow Splitter
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Liquid Print Royalty.:)

A.S

NuttyNative
03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
http://www.rahoffer.com/
Fair pricing and one week turn around.

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Liquid Print Royalty.:)

A.S

Yep, I liked that as well, probably just a concidence that the MossyOak Break up was right next to it , huh? :D

I'll check out the link you gave, but the guy I've already talked to said he'd do it all for $50, and do the masking of parts I don't want dipped, like the HHA logo. Thanks for the link.:)

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
There is one thing I'm wondering about, when the cams are rolled into the dip, the film will adhere to the string grove, or could that be coated with something so the film won't stick, maybe petroleum jelly, could smear that on the HHA logo as well. Will it work ? :)

Ehunter
03-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I would think you'd want the entire cam dipped, string groove and all. I doubt the thickness of the dip would make any difference. One thing I could see happening though, if the groove wasn't dipped, is the string rubbing on the edges of the dip along the groove, and making it peel off around the edges. Granted, it's gonna rub the groove regardless, but having a blank edge there seems like it might be more prone to peeling. Have to have someone look at a set of cloaked cams, and see if the dip is in the groove as well. I think it might be better to tape long the edge of the cam, and only dip the sides.

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I would think you'd want the entire cam dipped, string groove and all. I doubt the thickness of the dip would make any difference. One thing I could see happening though, if the groove wasn't dipped, is the string rubbing on the edges of the dip along the groove, and making it peel off around the edges. Granted, it's gonna rub the groove regardless, but having a blank edge there seems like it might be more prone to peeling. Have to have someone look at a set of cloaked cams, and see if the dip is in the groove as well. I think it might be better to tape long the edge of the cam, and only dip the sides.

I think you bring up a good point and will bring that up with the dipper. Thanks.
NNative, thanks for the link, but he's 25 bucks more. Does have some nice patterns though. :)