PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I...

CarlosII
03-08-2011, 03:01 PM
keep going over to Archery Talk and reading all that garbage that's posted over there? i guess i just like to be irritated.

i doubt if there's a forum anywhere else that has as many inane threads and posts as that one.

just had to let that out or i might have exploded.

that thread about Martin really got my dander up.

Arrow Splitter
03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
You mean this one:http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1440002&page=5

I couldn't just stand by and let them keep bashing Martin, so I let them have it(starting on page 4).:D
I'm Deer Predator over there.

A.S

Simple Life
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Gave up on that forum couple months ago,shame alot of knowledge there,but alot of ignorance.:rolleyes:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Gave up on that forum couple months ago,shame alot of knowledge there,but alot of ignorance.:rolleyes:

A WISE MAN SAID READ BUT DON'T ANSWER!

HUTCH:cool:

Simple Life
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
A WISE MAN SAID READ BUT DON'T ANSWER!

HUTCH:cool:

That about somes up that forum.:)

bfisher
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey, I'm on there almost as much as here. Just take things with a grain of salt. Not many threads interest me as I get tired of reading about Monster, EVO, Invasion, and all the other interlopers. I pick the ones that I think might be of interest and read/learn what I can. What the heck, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. It doesn't take much time to figure out who knows anything and who is full of BS.

As much as I like you guys and respect all the knowledge you possess, I wish we had a Nut&Bolts on here. He has got to be the best, although I don't always agree with everything he says.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Just as you Barry I am on AT a lot. But I choose what I read and what I answer. And you are right Nuts and Bolts has a lot of understanding when it comes to archery.

Hutch:cool:

rpalt1
03-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I too surf over there but come here for the truth. seriously on this forum you people welcomed me without judging me and have helped me tremendously, for that i'm very grateful. I've made a few post over there and never got learnable feedback just "you gotta use this" . You definately have to pick and choose what to look at and answer:rolleyes:

Arrow Splitter
03-08-2011, 04:48 PM
If people actually believed everything over there, they'd believe that Martin was going to stop making bows.
Here's a quote from rob p:"I had about an hour talk with a shop owner two weeks ago and he told me Martin is thinking about getting out of the compound business. He said their sales aren't very good."
What a joke.:rolleyes:

A.S

Simple Life
03-08-2011, 04:49 PM
I too surf over there but come here for the truth. seriously on this forum you people welcomed me without judging me and have helped me tremendously, for that i'm very grateful. I've made a few post over there and never got learnable feedback just "you gotta use this" . You definately have to pick and choose what to look at and answer:rolleyes:

Your bow sucks

OPPS sorry I thought I was on AT:D

Speedykills
03-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Ya got my 2 cents in on that post too......But what gets me is some of these people over their think that AT represents every archer there is.So ten people have limb failures on AT well then martin must be going out of business or a couple of people have a bad CS moment so it is awful.
What about the thousands of happy customers around the world.they dont count.
I usually dont comment on those threads but some just get my goat....:mad:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I was a bad boy I entered in my 2+2+2+2 cents. :rolleyes:
But it was fun!:D

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
03-08-2011, 05:45 PM
What strikes me as funny on AT is the classifieds. Granted, the "Big 3" Bow manufaturers have more bows out there than Martin, but I don't think it's as high of a percentage as there are bows of their brands for sale. When you see a Martin or Rytera for sale, it usually sells pretty fast. The others seem to be for sale for a lot longer time, and so many more of them for sale. Just wondering how a "second rate bow company" (not MY words) has such a fast resale time. Not to mention how many of the guys that own one of the "big 3" end up buying Martins.

SonnyThomas
03-08-2011, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=CarlosII;41387]keep going over to Archery Talk and reading all that garbage that's posted over there? i guess i just like to be irritated.
QUOTE]

Just admit it. You're a masochist...like the rest of us :D

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=CarlosII;41387]keep going over to Archery Talk and reading all that garbage that's posted over there? i guess i just like to be irritated.
QUOTE]

Just admit it. You're a masochist...like the rest of us :D

Yeah ok, I drop at least once a day to find something that will catch my intrest but all to often, I never make it thru the thead before some fanboy nonsense makes my leave. :rolleyes:

whman
03-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Hey Guys,
After reading this string I went over to AT and read the string that all of you are referring to. I go under a different name over there, but I, too, had to write in defense of Martin. I was very frustrated last year when one of the two Martins that I bought failed....my Warthog and it's limbs went south until Martin, without complaint, replace them, the cams, the string and the cables. Now it seems to be as healthy as the Bengal that I bought. I also bought a Hoyt last year, and I must be the most unlucky guy around because it had a catastrophic failure....in front of several witnesses with whom I was shooting. Hoyt did NOT want to repair the newly purchased bow. Am I happy about the Martin failure....no way, but they did their best to make it right. Will I buy a Martin in the future....absolutely. Frankly, both Martins had a finish that would easliy rival the Hoyt and was perhaps even better. Honestly, I paid as much for the Warthog as I did for the Hoyt...the difference....my Warthog is still shooting. Anyway, I know that you guys don't need to be told that the AT string is full of hot air...but my story strongly indicates which of those two companies actually stand behind their products...and I'm certainly not going to go on this forum or AT's and bash Hoyt. Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Take good care, all.

Jake-the-snake
03-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey guys,
It's been a while for me as well...I have gotten out of the Martion loop over here, and I sure miss it...I go by a different name on AT as well...I shoot Hoyt right now, not my first choice, but my local shop gave me my big break and decided to sponsor me...I ended up selling my Martin Firecat, however Im looking ever so closely at finding another one to hunt with, I missed that bow soo much...Dont get me wrong, I love my Hoyt, but that Martin had a certain feel to it and I miss it...I will be continuing to shoot as a "Hoyt Staffer" however I plan on buying a Martin for hunting:)

bucknuts17
03-09-2011, 08:14 PM
im going to put in my 2 cents, i have a slayer and it is awesome i love to shoot it, never had a problem with it or my dreamcatcher. try finding a slayer or dreamcatcher for sale anywhere on at or ebay. but go looking for a bowtech, hoyt,pse, matthews or the like, there everywhere! the guys at my pro shop talked to a matthews rep. who told them in meetings they are not permitted to bring up any topic from AT or anything they have read from AT. i love this sight you all are very supportive it seems like some of you have been there done that so your direction is sought after. thanks i no longer go to AT as there is not alot about martin that i care to read.

elkslayer4x5
03-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Hey guys,
It's been a while for me as well...I have gotten out of the Martion loop over here, and I sure miss it...I go by a different name on AT as well...I shoot Hoyt right now, not my first choice, but my local shop gave me my big break and decided to sponsor me...I ended up selling my Martin Firecat, however Im looking ever so closely at finding another one to hunt with, I missed that bow soo much...Dont get me wrong, I love my Hoyt, but that Martin had a certain feel to it and I miss it...I will be continuing to shoot as a "Hoyt Staffer" however I plan on buying a Martin for hunting:)

Jake, I think that you just wrote a great martin ad.!:D

Jake-the-snake
03-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Jake, I think that you just wrote a great martin ad.!:D

lol maybe, I just miss that Firecat soo much...ya it had to get warranty limbs a few months after I bought it, but it was a dream to shoot!!! the person i sold it to is getting a crossbow next year, as regular bows are just too hard on his shoulder now...I plan on buying that bow back for hunting, it was fast, quiet, light, and I could tune that bow any which way I wanted

longdrawdan
03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
i find it kinda funny , when you open the AT web site martin sort of screams at you. If it's not LAURA its RYTERA or its UNCLE TED:D Compared to martin most of the other bow companies still have diapers on!!!:eek:happy 60th martin .hey we're the same age.:DAAAHHHH "51" was a good year!HEY maybe AT should have a big waffle iron when you open their website......

bfisher
03-10-2011, 02:37 PM
i find it kinda funny , when you open the AT web site martin sort of screams at you. If it's not LAURA its RYTERA or its UNCLE TED:D Compared to martin most of the other bow companies still have diapers on!!!:eek:happy 60th martin .hey we're the same age.:DAAAHHHH "51" was a good year!HEY maybe AT should have a big waffle iron when you open their website......

There's already too much talk of "waffle" bows on AT. Leave it be.