PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased by first recurve

VABOWHUNTER
03-10-2011, 12:37 PM
hi everyone, i just purchased a martin hunter on a bit of a whim. i've been shooting compounds for about 20 years and now have it in my head that i need to learn how to shoot more traditional equipment. i am a novice to say the least but am eager to learn. i would like to eventually become an accurate enough shooter to hunt with my recurve.
so, here is what i am searching for help with:
1) reccommended quivers (i always hunt with one attached to my compound)
2) what arrows to shoot (60# bow); i prefer carbons
3) what weight field points/ broadheads
4) any other useful equipment and advise for someone just getting started

it's hard for me to get to a computer very regularly, but i appreciate any info that y'all can give me. thanks.

elkslayer4x5
03-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Unlike compounds, there is no set draw weigth with a recurve, the draw weight indicated on your new recurve is at 28" of draw, weight is more or less depending on your draw length. So, what's the weight marked on the bow, and whats your draw length? Recurves are usally shot with fingers, so your gonna need some help finding your length. Back to the shop for that help, or if you already know then repost on the traditional board, and we'll help you out. :D

VABOWHUNTER
03-10-2011, 12:49 PM
thanks, i just posted on the traditional board. my bad.

elkslayer4x5
03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Naw, it all good, some's better. :)

Simple Life
03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the forum.

SL

ElkSlayer
03-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Yea what he said ...:D posted info in your other thread good luck. ask away always glad to help :cool: