PDA

View Full Version : sts and string silencers

bowhntr
03-10-2011, 02:38 PM
was wondering, do i need string silencers if i have a sts? i got new custom strings made for my firecat, i used to have sims string leeches on my stock strings i took them off when i got my strings changed. Now my bow is extremely quiet. do you think i should put the leeches back on and try to quiet it some more or is the sts enough?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I use both sts and cat whiskers and it made the bow extremely quiet.

Hutch

Speedykills
03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
If you like it without them then leave them off.No need to rob a few fps with them on.

elkslayer4x5
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
If you like it without them then leave them off.No need to rob a few fps with them on.

I'll give a few fps for less noise anytime, not like the loss will make the bow any less lethal, but ya gotta hit 'em to kill 'em. :cool:

gravedigger
03-10-2011, 03:46 PM
it put sts and wiskers on my bow i did not notice any real major differance in how silent it was befor and after.the wiskers did get rid of the thunks sound:confused:

Speedykills
03-10-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll give a few fps for less noise anytime, not like the loss will make the bow any less lethal, but ya gotta hit 'em to kill 'em. :cool:

Thats true,these firecats are smookin fast.........................:D

bowhntr
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
i shot alot today man do i love this bow. i think ill leave it alone for now maybe later ill put them back on

Arrow Splitter
03-11-2011, 01:56 PM
I have an STS on my Jaguar, and the only things on my string besides serving is my peep and its tie offs, and my D-loop and tie nocks. I have no problems with noise.:cool:

A.S