PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcat center shot

buckhunt
03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know what the proper center shot is on the 2011 shadowcat? I am left handed and the string comes off the cam to the right of the true center of the limbs. At that setting I get a tear right shooting paper. I can tune this out by moving my spring steel rest to the left but then the center shoot seems off and the stabilizer is off center with the arrow on the rest. I am shooting 2712's at 29 3/4" with 250 grain pro points. Draw weight is 52 lbs. and draw length is 29.00":confused:

archerx7
03-12-2011, 01:42 PM
The Nitro/Hybrix cams do tend to have a centershot slightly inside toward the riser.

b0w_bender
03-12-2011, 04:20 PM
this is my experience too

buckhunt
03-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Does this mean that your arrows are shooting bullets from this spot? Shouldn't the rest line up with the cam and stabilizer?

SonnyThomas
03-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I believe your set will show a stiff arrow, but that does not mean it won't shoot really good.

I eye balled center shot on my 2010 Shadowcat. I aligned the string to groove in the top cam and moved rest so arrow aligned with the aligned string/groove. The bow shoots great...

buckhunt
03-12-2011, 05:09 PM
I did that also but Im having right tears. Some people where saying that the spine was too weak so I shortened the arrows.

SonnyThomas
03-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I did that also but Im having right tears. Some people where saying that the spine was too weak so I shortened the arrows.

2712 shortened and only 52 pounds? I doubt weak of spine.

I eye ball center shot, horizontal. I align the string to the top cam groove and move the arrow rest to align the arrow to the aligned string/cam groove. Generally, using a release aid the center line of the arrow should be just to the inside of the string. For finger shooters I do the above string to cam groove alignment and then adjust the rest so the width of the arrow is just outside the string. These are good starting points.

buckhunt
03-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Sonny, I did that and getting a >1 inch right tear. I moved the rest to the left, in cause I am a lefty, and the tear got better but the string and rest are not lined up with the string and groove. Which is the correct setting?

ElkSlayer
03-13-2011, 05:42 PM
are you using a release or fingers ? things are moved differently :cool:

buckhunt
03-14-2011, 04:41 AM
I am using a release. Bow is set up for spots freestyle.

SonnyThomas
03-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Sonny, I did that and getting a >1 inch right tear. I moved the rest to the left, in cause I am a lefty, and the tear got better but the string and rest are not lined up with the string and groove. Which is the correct setting?

I would go with what I repied. String, groove and arrow aligned you are working with the true power stroke. A weak or too stiff a spine arrow will do what it wants through paper. What you look for is accuracy and good grouping.

Bottom line; Paper tuning is always one step of tuning a bow.

buckhunt
03-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I ended up with a decent tear with the rest slightly inside the string, when aligned with the cam. Thank you!