PDA

View Full Version : compound bow design

HawgEnvy
03-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm looking for info on a computer program or something that I can desing my own compound bow on. Any other info on cam design,bow design,etc.

ElkSlayer
03-12-2011, 04:05 PM
your going to ne a CAD program...look at http://www.mastercam.com/

Good luck..:D

carefull whom to speak to about your design... I see Bow Tech is in a bit of trouble with a guy who says he designed the pivot limb that they are now using :confused: was a nother bow in the 80 ies that had them so time will see how this washes out :confused:

HawgEnvy
03-12-2011, 07:40 PM
thanks. I'll check it out. I wouldn't share ideas w anyone. Any other ideas,thoughts?

ElkSlayer
03-13-2011, 12:12 PM
other then checkin current pattens :confused: not realy.... you will need solid works, with that also...but im sure it tells you all that.. good luck... look foward to new Bow co. will i get a discount...lol:D

HawgEnvy
03-13-2011, 12:38 PM
other then checkin current pattens :confused: not realy.... you will need solid works, with that also...but im sure it tells you all that.. good luck... look foward to new Bow co. will i get a discount...lol:D

we'll cross that bridge when the time comes. I've had designs for awhile, but never seriously thought about actually doing it. Some of you may know,Michigans economy SUCKS! Putting it mildly. That's why I'm thinking more about it now. I may need the services of a custom string maker....

CaptJJ
03-13-2011, 12:47 PM
An engineering degree would help. It's all about maximizing the efficiency of a bow, there is a limit due to friction and they're getting closer to that.

Phantonza
11-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Did you proceed with the project?

A similar idea has crossed my mind sometimes. Unfortunately I am an electrical engineer and not mechanical, though :p