PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game.

scoot7
03-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

Back to a bow after a 20 year lay-off. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and a bad back put an end to bow fishing, bow hunting and target archery for a long time but I'm ready for another go.

Been visiting this forum for a couple weeks and looks like a bunch of very helpful folks without the brand bashing I see on a lot of forums. Anyway, just ordered a new 2011 Onza 3... had an Onza in the late 80's and loved it. I have never had my hands on the Onza 3 but after looking at everything else out there. I just wanted another Martin regardless of the price, high or low. Looks like I will have around $1K in my entire rig and from what I gather that's about normal these days.

My question is... I bought the “bow only” from a place called Spear Hook. Apparently they buy-out stock from businesses going out of business and they had a great price. That said, this bow may or may not have been tuned by a shop. If it has not and is “in the box” how difficult a time do you think someone that is very mechanical would have getting this up and running without taking it to a shop?

Thanks for the read and I look forward to following this list.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

Back to a bow after a 20 year lay-off. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and a bad back put an end to bow fishing, bow hunting and target archery for a long time but I'm ready for another go.

Been visiting this forum for a couple weeks and looks like a bunch of very helpful folks without the brand bashing I see on a lot of forums. Anyway, just ordered a new 2011 Onza 3... had an Onza in the late 80's and loved it. I have never had my hands on the Onza 3 but after looking at everything else out there. I just wanted another Martin regardless of the price, high or low. Looks like I will have around $1K in my entire rig and from what I gather that's about normal these days.

My question is... I bought the “bow only” from a place called Spear Hook. Apparently they buy-out stock from businesses going out of business and they had a great price. That said, this bow may or may not have been tuned by a shop. If it has not and is “in the box” how difficult a time do you think someone that is very mechanical would have getting this up and running without taking it to a shop?

Thanks for the read and I look forward to following this list.

Not a problem you can read the manual that comes with it, it will help a lot. Next the sticky up on the top by simple life. It is a great place to start. It is full of great info. If that doesn't help post your questions and I know the people on hear will help. And by the way welcome to the forum.

Hutch:cool:

elkslayer4x5
03-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Since you've been reading us for a couple of week, you about the only thing that gets bashed are onions, just a bunch of folks who love archery and helping others. Welcome to the site. :D

archerx7
03-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum. The Onza 3 is a great shooting bow and if you are mechanically inclined, it shouldn't be to difficult for you to get it tuned and setup. The most important thing with the Nitro/Hybrix cams is to get them timed correctly, and this is fairly easy.

Simple Life
03-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the forum scoot7

SL

bfisher
03-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey Scoot, welcome to the Tech Forum.

ElkSlayer
03-13-2011, 11:16 AM
welcome ...pull up a key board an join in...if you run into something you cant figure out, ask it here...sombody will point you in the right direction :cool:

Arrow Splitter
03-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the Martin Forum scoot.

A.S

rpalt1
03-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome scoot, you came to the right place these people got me up and running after a long layoff. Great people great site and don't pick on onions:rolleyes: