PDA

View Full Version : New Martin Technical Forums

bfisher
03-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, do you have the same window I see when I log on? The main page shows Martin Technical Forums with Martin Tech Forum and Traditional in their own box. Then admin. Then below that there is another Martin Archery Technical Forums which contains all the old threads we had before.

In the top section there are 7 threads. This one should make #8.

gravedigger
03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
this what i see

Forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin Tech Forum
Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum.

Martin Archery's Technical Forums
Last Post
Martin Tech Forum(5 Viewing)
Get answers from Martin equipment owners like yourself. You don't need to register to post a question. If you would like to register, you will receive an E-mail when your question is answered. NOTE: Martin Tech support does not answer questions raised on this website. Martin Tech Support is available Monday - Friday, PST 8:00A - 4:30P via the Martin Website contact page, or by phone.
Forum Actions:
View this forum's RSS feedSubscribe to This ForumForum Statistics:
Threads: 8
Last Post:
Hey guys with the hammer head...

by
gravediggermtv
View Profile View Forum Posts Today, 10:50 PM

Traditional Bow ForumGet answers from other archers about Traditional bows.
Forum Actions:
View this forum's RSS feedSubscribe to This ForumForum Statistics:
Threads: 0
Last Post:
Never .Mark Forums Read | View Forum Leaders What's Going On?
Currently Active Users
There are currently 59 users online. 8 members and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 517, 12-18-2010 at 12:45 AM.

‎gravediggermtv,‎bfisher,‎Ehunter,‎Gasman,‎hotrod2 6,‎lostacresranch,‎MLN1963,‎nguyenthuy,Martin Tech Forum Statistics
Threads:6,229Posts:37,849Members:2,003
Welcome to our newest member, nguyenthuy
Icon Legend
Contains unread forum posts
Contains no unread forum posts
Forum is a category
Forum is a Link.

MLN1963
03-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Hopefully all the old threads will reappear. I have a lot of info I need to go back and read!

bfisher
03-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Try Logging off and then back on to the main Tech page. My screen shows two separate boxes with the Tech Forums. The one at the top of my window is the one Gravedigger is seeing. I have another "tech forum" down the page a bit that has all the old threads.

I tried to move the Stickies, but it wouldn't go. I'll have to figure it out.

SonnyThomas
03-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Been in out more than a few times. Same since change over. Still trying stuff and found it's more and more like AT. What was wrong with the old site theme? Can I use profanity in describing my feelings?

gravedigger
03-14-2011, 08:15 PM
its a free country,freedom of speach and all that jive

Spiker
03-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey guys, do you have the same window I see when I log on? The main page shows Martin Technical Forums with Martin Tech Forum and Traditional in their own box. Then admin. Then below that there is another Martin Archery Technical Forums which contains all the old threads we had before.

No thats not what I get so I guess I be one of those they be trying to get rid of...

gravedigger
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
im still getting the same.....no old stuf.just what has been posted today

CaptJJ
03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Free speech isn't protected on a forum.;)

Montalaar
03-14-2011, 10:06 PM

Barry, you are the Admin so you can see the old Archive. Those threads must be somewhere as we have still our postcount set. Try to move those post into the new forum...

alex
03-14-2011, 11:21 PM
No thats not what I get so I guess I be one of those they be trying to get rid of...

I share your feelings, Scott!

Money Man
03-15-2011, 03:57 AM
When I click on my user name at the top of the page, it goes to my profile which is the way it was on the old forum, but when I click on find all posts, or find threads started, I get this message : Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

RLW
03-15-2011, 04:07 AM
When I click on my user name at the top of the page, it goes to my profile which is the way it was on the old forum, but when I click on find all posts, or find threads started, I get this message : Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Same thing.........."Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Only forums I see are:
Martin Tech Forum
Traditional Bow Forum

MLN1963
03-15-2011, 05:16 AM
Barry, you are the Admin so you can see the old Archive. Those threads must be somewhere as we have still our postcount set. Try to move those post into the new forum...

Not to sound like a defeatist, but if you don't know how to do this, get help from someone that does. We lost a wealth of information on another sight when all all the old posts were inadvertently lost.

SonnyThomas
03-15-2011, 05:54 AM
Yep, just like on AT. Visitor messages can be deleted, but all came back today. So another screw up.....

Arrow Splitter
03-15-2011, 06:23 AM
I see the same things the rest of the guys see. I only can see the new stuff, and that's it.:confused:

A.S

Montalaar
03-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Yep, just like on AT. Visitor messages can be deleted, but all came back today. So another screw up.....

report your problem on AT or send Doc a pm.

@MLN1963,

i do not understand...

bfisher
03-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Not to sound like a defeatist, but if you don't know how to do this, get help from someone that does. We lost a wealth of information on another sight when all all the old posts were inadvertently lost.

As I said earlier. It's not all lost. I have it on my window. I guess only Admin and/or moderators have access to it right now. In my window there are actually two Tech Forums. There's the new one that ll can view and down below that is another Tech Forum that contains all the old threads and posts--5600+ threads.

I just sent off an email to somebody that supposedly handles these matters. Hopefully I'll get an answer from him later today. If he's not "the man" maybe he can at least point me in the right direction.

Barry

CarlosII
03-15-2011, 09:21 AM
well, as granny used to say, "its a new broom that sweeps clean"...granny should not be allowed on this site. dang.

Montalaar
03-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Someone give me admin/mod rights for a week and i will get the most important things back and running. Just would need the rights to do so... Oh well.... Only if the second forum stays online during this time.

MLN1963
03-15-2011, 12:23 PM
@MLN1963,

i do not understand...

I just meant that if the person swapping things over doesn't do it right the old info can be lost/deleted/corrupted or otherwise unrecoverable. BTW I'm not talking about any archery related websites.

ElkSlayer
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow, spend 2 days off line and they change my whole world... I get that upgrades need to be made...but why wipe out all the other threads... we all spent a good amout of time typing all that info to help others out or boast on our conquest ... Bring it back or do we all need to repost important threads..... bummin in oregon........

Arrow Splitter
03-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow, spend 2 days off line and they change my whole world... I get that upgrades need to be made...but why wipe out all the other threads... we all spent a good amout of time typing all that info to help others out or boast on our conquest ... Bring it back or do we all need to repost important threads..... bummin in oregon........

ES, Barry is working to get everything back. Right now only Administrators and Mods can see the old threads.

rpalt1
03-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Give it time gents besides it'll give us something to do in the off season ;)

Simple Life
03-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Give it time gents besides it'll give us something to do in the off season ;)

Yup,somebody wanted on off topic on the old forum,we got tons now!!!!!!!:D

bfisher
03-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Much as I hate to take charge here I think you guys need to get your bows out and blow the dust off them. Besides the weather is nice. I've been out shooting almost every day now. I think today made 4 days in a row. I even went so far as to get new glasses with all kinds of antireflective and antiglarre coatings. Lo and behold, I can see again. Makes shooting much more enjoyable. And now I must leave and go shoot an indoor 3D shoot this evening. See ya later. Behave yourselves.

Simple Life
03-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Behave yourselves.

Thats what my parents use to say.Didn't help though:DEnjoy your evening Barry.

gravedigger
03-15-2011, 01:04 PM
dont worry barry,we wont spill blood,well we will if anyone is going on a hunt.:rolleyes:

ElkSlayer
03-15-2011, 01:25 PM
alread blew the dust off all 3 bows.... been back on the range every chance i get thats not in tored down pour ..... enjoy your shoot :cool: