PDA

View Full Version : Winners choice string's?

martinbowhunter
03-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Just wanted everone's thought's on them. And not to worry Hutch....i still want a set from you.

SonnyThomas
03-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Heard nothing but good things about them. Little pricey though at $110.00 - last time I checked. Of course there are more pricey strings out there - FUSE $123.00.

gravedigger
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
i just put wc on my bengal.i do like them for what they are...but they sent me the wrong string 3 times,or was it twice..anyhow.the serving came apart ware my sts meets up.so im kind of on the ropes right now....i will say no peep rotation.dloop stays in place.

bfisher
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
i just put wc on my bengal.i do like them for what they are...but they sent me the wrong string 3 times,or was it twice..anyhow.the serving came apart ware my sts meets up.so im kind of on the ropes right now....i will say no peep rotation.dloop stays in place.

Sounds like you have a little issue. Just reserve the area at the STS yourself.

WC's are good strings. Probably the pioneer for prestretched strings. However, many others have caught on to that technology and make strings just as good, but at nearly half the cost. Prior to that they could just about name their price as they were they only game in town. I'm always willing to experiment and give someone else a chance to please me, especially if I think about laying out $100 or more for WC's. Somewhere around $50 to $70 is a more realistic figure.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-15-2011, 05:01 PM
As bfisher said in so many words. Great string but your paying for the name.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
03-15-2011, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=bfisher;42545]Sounds like you have a little issue. Just reserve the area at the STS yourself.

im going to have the shop do it.the cost of serving string compaird to the 5 dollars i will spend in gas,plus i get to shoot indoor for the day.string and serving is warente so it works better for me to go in

martinbowhunter
03-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Thank's for the reply's. I was just wondering because my martin dealer happens to also be a winners choice dealer and he was saying that everyone here is using them. He then also said if i do wanna order let him know because it will take three to four week's to get here!? Wow....Also i have been hearing there pricey.....My local dealer said he could get me a set for my firecat tr1 for 90 buck's. Is that a good deal for these string's?

gravedigger
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
i paid 110 i think for my string/cabel

archerx7
03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Thank's for the reply's. I was just wondering because my martin dealer happens to also be a winners choice dealer and he was saying that everyone here is using them. He then also said if i do wanna order let him know because it will take three to four week's to get here!? Wow....Also i have been hearing there pricey.....My local dealer said he could get me a set for my firecat tr1 for 90 buck's. Is that a good deal for these string's?

If the 90.00 includes install and resetting the bow to spec and getting it retuned......then thats a pretty good price. If its just for the string set and then you have to pay install, setup etc.....not so good. Most custom string sets anymore are ranging from around 50.00-70.00 from the small buiders. WC, ABB and some of the large, high volume makers are a bit pricey because of the extra overhead they carry and because they have name recognition, but there is no magic formula to making a good set of strings. Prestretch under the correct tension for the proper time, set to length and serve under tension in the correct way, and you'll have a string with zero peep rotation and no stretch.

Ehunter
03-15-2011, 06:11 PM
$110? Makes the H&M strings I had on my '09 Firecat look like a steal. lol Paid $45 for them, and that included shipping. Great set of strings as well. No stretch or rotation at all.

ElkSlayer
03-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Well truthfuly...its just a name now... was a time as Barry said only one on the market..been in biz a long time. But this is 2011 and age of the net..
SIL Paid alocal shop 120 for new WC and install.. his bow shoots good , nice and quiet
@ the same time I sent of for a custom via AT , my $58 got my string 12 targets, long hunk of D loop and some serving to tie in my peep... Ok so I had to put it on my self and do my own tune..I did that in a hour...SIL waited around 2 in the shop waiting for his turn...:cool:

MLN1963
03-15-2011, 07:25 PM
I sent of for a custom via AT , my $58 got my string 12 targets, long hunk of D loop and some serving to tie in my peep... Ok so I had to put it on my self and do my own tune..I did that in a hour...SIL waited around 2 in the shop waiting for his turn...:cool:

Elkslayer

What kind did you get? Did you get a string and cables?

What is involved in tuning after changing string and cables?

ElkSlayer
03-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Elkslayer

What kind did you get? Did you get a string and cables?

What is involved in tuning after changing string and cables?

Wallace Brook Archery
It was for a single cam bow 103" string and 43 " cable
halo served loops flo green/black and blue/black mtn berry serving and halo peep serving came pre split for peep and pre tied slide's for peep at my request... he included a walk back target along with the others.

As for tunning.. set a2a and BH check cam lean and cam sync... for me it was rotation ( single cam) and its a bit off still but shootin good.
I was able to order befor all makers raise prices so not sure what a set goes for now. but no matter I would go with him again any time ;)

http://shop.wallacebrookarchery.com/main.sc

there are many string makers on AT, I went with 2 now, also have a set of wicked1's on a grandkids bow, am happy to say there is only one other guy I want to check out...when ever he get that jig done:cool: