PDA

View Full Version : little upset with my firecat

leeindy
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
So i got the new firecat 400 and shot the hell out of it and ended up with the cams that got shipped with a bur and cut the servings up and marting was great about getting me new cams even let me pay the difference for a set of cloaked cams. now i have the new strings and cams and was under the impression that they were going to put a serving around the cables were it contacts the sos trg thingy but they didnt. and my old strings were already starting to fray really bad after only one round of paper leagues. im gonna be pissed if i have to buy a new set of string every 3 months. i love the bow and it shoots fantastic but if its gonna nickel and dime me to death ill have to spring for a different brand.

gravedigger
03-15-2011, 05:11 PM
yuor strin should be under warente.call martin cs an find out..

archerx7
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your cam issue, glad they got you fixed up though. The cables should not be served where they pass through the TRG as the serving will wear the TRG. There are several members on here that have a lot of shots on their TRG equipped bows with no problems or signs of cable wear. My own Onza has no signs of wear on the inner cable and just a slight discoloration on the outer cable after 100's of shots. The only thing I do is keep the cables waxed in the contact area.

Ehunter
03-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your cam problems. I had the same thing on my FC400, but caught it early enough it didn't so any real damage. I have well over 1000 shots on my FC400, and the cables are in fine shape. You just have to keep them very well waxed where they pass through the TRG system. I like a teflon based wax, or especially the new Bohning string conditioner. Only thing that shows up is a little wax buildup. The Bohning stuff is much slicker than any other wax I have seen. I just rub a little in every 150 shots or so.

MLN1963
03-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I like a teflon based wax, or especially the new Bohning string conditioner. Only thing that shows up is a little wax buildup. The Bohning stuff is much slicker than any other wax I have seen. I just rub a little in every 150 shots or so.

Which type? I see seal-tite, tex-tite, xccelerator

HawgEnvy
03-15-2011, 06:22 PM
I believe he's talking about Xcellerator. Has the teflon in it I think. Just don't pick it up by mistake thinking it's chapstick...yukky!

leeindy
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
my old cables are pretty much trashed. frayed really bad. ill start waxing it before every league. ive got wax not sure as to brand but ill order up some of that excellerator stuff. and does anyone know the timing marks on these cams?

gravedigger
03-15-2011, 06:31 PM
i like black lightning-for dark trin or white lightning lighter color string its a string conditioner with graphite and silicone

leeindy
03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
who makes it?

gravedigger
03-15-2011, 06:40 PM
dont know if you asking me or not but just black lighting made in the good old u.s.a....pro release inc....prorelease.com

leeindy
03-15-2011, 06:43 PM
sweet thanks. ill see if i can put my hands on some.

Ehunter
03-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Sorry I was slow to respond. The new Bohning wax is called Xccelerator Wax. Comes in basically a chapstick tube. Really slick stuff, and ideal for the TRG area. The other teflon based wax I use is made by Phillips Industries. Called Slick-T-T. I use it around the peep, string silencers, and main body of the string. If you use the Bohning by the peep, the tie ins will have a tendency to slide. Same with the string silencers. I use the Slick-T-T about every 1250-1500 shots, or every 3-4 months. The Bohning, I put on just a little every other time I shoot. I've also found rubbing a little on the TRG itself helps keep the string nice and clean.