PDA

View Full Version : Big Rag Horn down........but not out

ElkSlayer
03-16-2011, 04:54 PM
To all our friends old and new;
Some of you may know that elkslayer4x5 had a scare on the way home from a shoot the other day.

He hydroplaned coming out of a curve did a 180 and managed to sort of stop befor the bank gave way and a slow slide into the river, rear hubs are in the water and it was rising

http://images.imagelinky.com/1300320521.jpg

we thought all was well..the next day he was flat worn out. After tring to sleep it of so to speak it was aperant something was wrong.
He drove him self the 30 miles to the ER..

Spent most of yesterday to find out he was suffering from congestive heart failure @ this point I got a call from the ER..

Telling me that they are going to be shipping him 2 1/2 hours south to Santa Rosa ( our home town) via ambulance.. spoke to 4x5 briefly on the phone..

We knew he had a heart murmur, doc said was no big deal 3 years ago.

Once settled in S.R they did a Echo only to discover , His un planed trip to the river triggered that into a small heart atack, they need to do an angiogram tomorrow.. To see where to go from here..

The Ole Rag Horn is prety sure he is staring down the barrel of surgery.. But is in Good spirts... Laughing His @$$ off that we now have a Onion thread...

I will keep you all posted
Thanks for reading
Greg :( AKA.. Elk Slayer

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-16-2011, 05:00 PM
We will be praying for him, thanks for the update.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
03-16-2011, 05:00 PM
i am not a religous man but my prayers are going out to 4x5 and all of yall.he seams to be tough as nails.no doubt all will be fine.really i dont know what all to say..

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Keep us posted ES

HUTCH:cool:

Arrow Splitter
03-16-2011, 05:12 PM
We will be praying for him, thanks for the update.

X2 Yes we definitely will be praying.

Brad

rpalt1
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Tell him my thoughts and prayers are with him.

SonnyThomas
03-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Hoping all goes well.

Money Man
03-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Elk Slayer that photo makes the accident seem much more scary than the first photo posted on the old forum. Our thoughts and prayers are with your entire family. May the doctors use their knowledge and make decisions that can help 4X5 with a speedy recovery. He has an entire group of us forum "regulars" rooting for him from all across the country.
Dave

bfisher
03-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Wish him my best and a speedy recovery. Keep us posted. Just internet friends but we do care.

Barry

parttimr
03-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Keeping him in our thoughts. Keep us updated.

Brad

archerx7
03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

gibson 787
03-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Prayers to Elkslayer and family from down under.

bfisher
03-16-2011, 05:43 PM
I wonder if they have WiFi. You could take him a laptop and he could stay in touch.

ElkSlayer
03-16-2011, 05:49 PM
4x5 says thanks to all for the warm wishes :cool: means a lot to Him and Me :D

martinbowhunter
03-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

^^^^^^This

martinbowhunter
03-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I wonder if they have WiFi. You could take him a laptop and he could stay in touch.

and check out the onion thread:)

Speedykills
03-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Thats to bad,hope for a fast recovery.....................

MLN1963
03-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Wish him my best and a speedy recovery. Keep us posted. Just internet friends but we do care.

Barry

x3

I'm glad to hear that this was caught and he's under the proper care. Too many times men try to ride it out and end up dead. Come on back ES4x5, we have a spot in the onion thread for you.

ElkSlayer
03-16-2011, 09:24 PM

I could But I am 500+ miles north at the moment. an hating it:(.. He said they do have wifi..but he has no laptop :(

ole school guy
shocked he dont send e mail Via stone tablet an bone tool's, will be 66 in a few weeks....lol :D

I was on the phone with him when i posted the the "4x5 says thanks"
read your posts to him, it truely ment alot ..

His misses his cat, a rescue from my Neighbor hood, jerks across the streat moved out in sept, dad took cat home in Nov been best buds sence
:)

Has the test @ 9 am I will call down around noon, give them time to have some info. and then go from there..

On a lighter Note He is going to have to make changes to his profile..
wont be posting up from mendo coast any longer, going to be podunk Oregon. even if its a travle trailer in my drive way.

post up I will pass it along..he enjoys yappin with you all

gravedigger
03-16-2011, 09:31 PM
well its about time...oregon is the place to be:D....oh ya getting another good ol boy in the evergreen of oregon....:Dcant wait..i would like to shake his hand and yours..

Rottzilla
03-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks for letting us know ES.

Dear Lord God Heavenly Father, I come to you now to lift up our brother ES4x5 to you that you will show the doctors what they need to see to treat him and get him better. I ask that you be Jehovah-Rapha (God who Heals) to him and as it is said by your stripes we are healed, I ask by the stripes of Jesus Christ you Heal him and comfort his family knowing he is in your perfect hands. There is none who can compare to You.

Lord I pray that if and when surgery is needed you be there with him and guide the hands of the surgeons, and the anesthesiologist who will also need your guidance. Put all the info needed for the dr's in their hearts and minds. Provide for quick and complete recovery for him also God.

In the Awesome and Holy name of Jesus Christ I pray... Amen

All my prayers are with you at this time and I will ask the prayer warriors at church to pray as well.

ES, Brother be calm and know we are with you. Let the old raghorn know he is missed.

I will be checking your updates thanks.

Will

ElkSlayer
03-17-2011, 01:46 AM
ES, Brother be calm and know we are with you. Let the old raghorn know he is missed.

Well put sir thank you.. Will
Be sure to read this to him latter this Am.. He will be happy to here from you all :D

Its 3:01 I cant sleep. waiting for daylight then I can go shoot my bow I freshly tuned today, in between calls to the cousins .. hate the waiting

Ehunter
03-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Es, please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

NuttyNative
03-17-2011, 06:32 AM
May the Creator extend a healing hand to you 4x5.

ElkSlayer
03-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Call @ 5:45 just in time to miss the Shave :eek:

Talked for some time befor the mob came in to finish the prep. One of which was his Doc, who said they are going to look to see what needs to be done, Then Do it @ that time.:cool:

ES 4x5 says "thanks to all for the support & the prayer Will (Rottzilla) "

Simple Life
03-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Wow,sorry to hear,prayers and thoughts for him and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Gregg

ElkSlayer
03-17-2011, 04:17 PM
test was done an over by 10 30..it reviled that this is not done with yet...
He is now being moved down to stanford medical center latter tonight or tomorrow..

test showed the blockage is in the artery below the heart valve ,the muscles became too strong and are "choking the artery" this in turn is causing the mitral valve to leak..

paln is once he is settled @ stanford they will do
alcohol septal ablation, is a nonsurgical treatment for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy.

By injecting alcohol down a small branch of your heart arteries which feed the enlarged septum, doctors can deaden the extra heart muscle, allowing it to thin out rather than having to cut it out surgically.

in laymens terms , shot of 99.9% alcohol that will kill a small part of the heart... doc says 95 % success....

So more waiting...yeah :( my sister was able to see him yesterday & today so he is not all alone..:cool:

rpalt1
03-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the info es still praying for him,tell him we're all with him:)

Arrow Splitter
03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Lord willing he won't have to have surgery and the procedure will be a success.
I will still be praying for him, that's for sure.

Brad

gravedigger
03-17-2011, 06:22 PM
dont know what to say...4x5 looks to be tough as nails,put the hammer down and come out of it clean and clear..ES keep doing what your doing buddy.im more more then thankfull that your goin out of your way to post on here to keep this place updated.hold tight..

bfisher
03-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't want to make light of his plight, but that sounds like an awful waste of alcohol. Maybe a few pints of brandy would do aswell and he'd get some pleasure out of it. LOL.

Seriously, you tell the ole man we're all asking about him and keeping him in our hearts.

Rottzilla
03-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Call @ 5:45 just in time to miss the Shave :eek:

Talked for some time befor the mob came in to finish the prep. One of which was his Doc, who said they are going to look to see what needs to be done, Then Do it @ that time.:cool:

ES 4x5 says "thanks to all for the support & the prayer Will (Rottzilla) "

No problem ES 4x5 it is the least I can do. ES take care of your dad even if it takes a 2x4 to the bridge of the nose. lol

ElkSlayer
03-17-2011, 08:31 PM
It does his ole heart good to here you guys are thinking of him an wish a speedy recovery

No worries Its just a small dose of the good stuff.. trust me he has had his fair share in his day ;)

on the way to Satnford, more waiting to know he is there an what the heck That number is going to be...

Good New is once they are done there, they will truck him back North to Santa Rosa.... wew thought i was going to have to drive to so cal to get him... we could aways see my daughter and 2 grand kids then...lol :cool:

I want to say a huge thank you to a fellow member whom PM'ed me to answer any Question's I may have had about any of this...
Turns out his wife is well.. In the Biz and they know top docs of their state also in the heart biz.. I was and still am very moved buy his gesture.. Thanks Again.. :cool: :cool:

Rottzilla
03-17-2011, 08:36 PM
test was done an over by 10 30..it reviled that this is not done with yet...
He is now being moved down to stanford medical center latter tonight or tomorrow..

test showed the blockage is in the artery below the heart valve ,the muscles became too strong and are "choking the artery" this in turn is causing the mitral valve to leak..

paln is once he is settled @ stanford they will do
alcohol septal ablation, is a nonsurgical treatment for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy.Wow all the way down to Stanford that is like another 2.5 -3 hrs isn't it?
Too many big words for me hahaha

By injecting alcohol down a small branch of your heart arteries which feed the enlarged septum, doctors can deaden the extra heart muscle, allowing it to thin out rather than having to cut it out surgically.

in laymens terms , shot of 99.9% alcohol that will kill a small part of the heart... doc says 95 % success....

So more waiting...yeah :( my sister was able to see him yesterday & today so he is not all alone..:cool: AHHHH what I like laymens terms.

Lord willing he won't have to have surgery and the procedure will be a success.
I will still be praying for him, that's for sure. Amen Brother, I will be praying too. Will

Brad

dont know what to say...4x5 looks to be tough as nails,put the hammer down and come out of it clean and clear..ES keep doing what your doing buddy.im more more then thankfull that your goin out of your way to post on here to keep this place updated.hold tight..

+1 on that one too brother.

Thanks ever so much for the update, please keep them coming.

Will

ElkSlayer
03-17-2011, 08:58 PM
His trip thus far

A 10 + mile drive him self to ER in Fort Bragg
then a 3 hour ride 117 miles to Santa Rosa
now hes riding another 86 miles to stanford.. not to mention The trip Home or here..;)

alex
03-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Wish him a quick recovery and happy meeting of his 66th birthday with the whole family! Nowadays the medicine is so advanced that i'm sure he'll be riding his bike in no time :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Still praying for his recovery!

elkslayer4x5
03-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Yep, its me. I want to thank you all for your best wishes and prayer's, Although I'm no longer the drinking man I was once, sure could have use that shot Barry spoke of as I took the photos of my truck about to be swept away. It had been pouring for the two hours before I did my Bambi on ice imatation, and I sat there waiting for the Hwyway patroll and the tow truck to finally get there, about 1 1/2 hours, I watched as the river rose higher and higher on my truck. Tow truck got there in time to hook onto the ole gal and yard her out, Very minor damage to the vhecile, and I'm at Calif's best hostiptal and the Dr.s are telling me that I'm looking good and are saying that it will be a minor procedure. Save the Alders

Money Man
03-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Yep, its me. I want to thank you all for your best wishes and prayer's, Although I'm no longer the drinking man I was once, sure could have use that shot Barry spoke of as I took the photos of my truck about to be swept away. It had been pouring for the two hours before I did my Bambi on ice imatation, and I sat there waiting for the Hwyway patroll and the tow truck to finally get there, about 1 1/2 hours, I watched as the river rose higher and higher on my truck. Tow truck got there in time to hook onto the ole gal and yard her out, Very minor damage to the vhecile, and I'm at Calif's best hostiptal and the Dr.s are telling me that I'm looking good and are saying that it will be a minor procedure. Save the Alders

Nice to hear from you. We will keep the prayers up as long as we need to until you are home with the family again. Glad to hear the doctors have a solution to the problem.

Arrow Splitter
03-18-2011, 04:26 AM
Nice to hear from you. We will keep the prayers up as long as we need to until you are home with the family again. Glad to hear the doctors have a solution to the problem.

X2:cool:

Brad

NuttyNative
03-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Right on, good news indeed.

gravedigger
03-18-2011, 10:43 AM
good to here from ya 4x5...

ElkSlayer
03-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Yep, its me. I want to thank you all for your best wishes and prayer's, I'm at Calif's best hostiptal and the Dr.s are telling me that I'm looking good and are saying that it will be a minor procedure. Save the Alders

Charmed the night nurse into a internet conection via the med computer in his room...lol he sounds like his ole self again. thats a good thing

has not had the procedure yet, not know as when thats going to be...more waiting

bfisher
03-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Charmed the night nurse into a internet conection via the med computer in his room...lol he sounds like his ole self again. thats a good thing

has not had the procedure yet, not know as when thats going to be...more waiting

It has to be good therapy for the old boy, just knowing that people care. see your typing 4x5.

polaris754
03-18-2011, 06:50 PM
sometimes are misfortune, are a grace of god in itself,with out this accident as a warning he may have had a no warning heart attack , I thank god for him and hope he recovers, my prayers are with him

ElkSlayer
03-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks for letting us know ES.

Dear Lord God Heavenly Father, I come to you now to lift up our brother ES4x5 to you that you will show the doctors what they need to see to treat him and get him better. I ask that you be Jehovah-Rapha (God who Heals) to him and as it is said by your stripes we are healed, I ask by the stripes of Jesus Christ you Heal him and comfort his family knowing he is in your perfect hands. There is none who can compare to You.

Lord I pray that if and when surgery is needed you be there with him and guide the hands of the surgeons, and the anesthesiologist who will also need your guidance. Put all the info needed for the dr's in their hearts and minds. Provide for quick and complete recovery for him also God.

In the Awesome and Holy name of Jesus Christ I pray... Amen

All my prayers are with you at this time and I will ask the prayer warriors at church to pray as well.

I will be checking your updates thanks.

Will

From the ole rag horn.....

Will,
Just to touch on the powerful forces you called down, A member of house keeping came in this am and intrduced her self as a "Prayer Warrior"
Thanks again for all the prayers.. Don

Rottzilla
03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
From the ole rag horn.....

Will,
Just to touch on the powerful forces you called down, A member of house keeping came in this am and intrduced her self as a "Prayer Warrior"
Thanks again for all the prayers.. Don

Well ya ole rag horn you just listen to that still small voice (the voice of the Lord) and do what he says and you will be fine. :D Prayer Warriors are everywhere you wanna be hum that sounds like a credit card commercial lol.:p

You just kick back and take it easy and you will be chasing those ole elk through the thickets in no time. All in good time brother.

ES make sure he listens if not get the 2x4 ready lol.

Prayers will continue and have a blessed day.

Will

ElkSlayer
03-21-2011, 12:55 PM
GOOD NEWS His "heart attack" has now been down graded to an "Incident"..

Once they had him in stanford they decided to play a few games like lets ignore the ole guy and not tell him anything thats happing....

Not a good Idea... so after almost 24 hours of nothing he calls the DR's into his room. at this point they do what they do and stand over the top of him.... uhhh not wise...

He asked them to sit they refuse, and then he got up and insisted, they sat for 45 min while he chomp on some doctor butt..
So they decided to move comfrence up from monday to asap... he is out of his room right now having a stress test finily...
Once they know how that comes out.. they will decide on what todo..
last we knew it was going to be just some more pills and were not going to be doing the alcohol treatment.... he does not want them to do that sence i found OUT that 10% can end up with permanent pacemaker..
He was palnning on a great escape this am when we spoke.. but thats has been sidelined FOR NOW..... thanks for all the well wishes

gravedigger
03-21-2011, 01:00 PM
right on.being a hard a$$ pays off.thats good to here hope he is out and about soon

ElkSlayer
03-21-2011, 01:05 PM
yes it does... some of the dumb stuff them doctors asked him ..lmao

" So what do you do when you catch one of them bears your chasing?"
" what do you do with the hide, meat, etc"

they are shocked that he HUNTS....lol

gravedigger
03-21-2011, 01:11 PM
yes it does... some of the dumb stuff them doctors asked him ..lmao

" So what do you do when you catch one of them bears your chasing?"
" what do you do with the hide, meat, etc"

they are shocked that he HUNTS....lol

not to getoff the subject of you pops but the nurses were discusted when i said i hunt,i drive 4x4 truck..it was like i was wrong or something..

ElkSlayer
03-21-2011, 01:26 PM
not to getoff the subject of you pops but the nurses were discusted when i said i hunt,i drive 4x4 truck..it was like i was wrong or something..

Thats because your in liberal Portland or portliberalland

I was in Eugene for over a week last summer and had nurses that were not mine come chat about hunting... your just too far north as he is too far south...

ElkSlayer
03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
he is a free man now.. by now he is sitting at a table chatting with his youngest sisiter. After they did the stress test, they gave him the green light and booted him outa there... My cousin was on the way to pick Him up @ 6:30 and should have him back at her house in fairfield by now..

I am headed south some time soon in the early am, truck is loaded with empty boxes.
Thanks for all the support guys.. any one want to come help pack up....lol:cool:

NuttyNative
03-21-2011, 08:58 PM
That's good to hear. Can't keep a good man down.

gravedigger
03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
hay i got some free time/i dont know when ther letting me out yet.

Money Man
03-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Glad to hear that he is out. Good luck with the moving.

Arrow Splitter
03-22-2011, 04:37 AM
Well, that's some good news ES. Enjoy your packing!:cool::p

Brad

elkslayer4x5
03-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi, guys ! FREE, I'm free, and didn't have bite anyone else, although after waiting 6 hours for them to get around to get to the treadmill, I again needed to impress upon them that I was real feed up with being a mushroom ! Funny thing, 45 minutes later , I was escorted to the stress test. I walked to it.
And the final results, Beta blockers for me! Now, where did I leave my bike? :D
Save an Alder, it may do the same for you

gravedigger
03-22-2011, 06:43 AM
well its about time,they cant keep a lion caged up forever.good to here your out,so is it tru are ya coming out oregon way

rpalt1
03-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Thats great news 4x5 To tough to keep down Glad your back;)

Rottzilla
03-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Glad to hear that the Gladiator still has the fight in him. Good luck on the packing and wish I could be there to help.

Will