PDA

View Full Version : I'm Moving

bfisher
03-16-2011, 07:45 PM
OK fellows, it's midnight where I am and I finally took the bull by the horns and found out a few things as you may have noticed. I also screwed up somewhat and have a ton of deleting and moving to do, but we do have the STICKIES back. I've got lots of work to do so I'll get to it. Hope this makes some of you happy.

Barry

MLN1963
03-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Very! Let me be the first to say we appreciate all your efforts.

Spiker
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
THANKS BARRY.!
This is a great time to re-start it and make it what it is supposed to be.

ASM

gravedigger
03-16-2011, 08:40 PM
just to let you know none of the anger on here was ment to be directed twords you.we all think what you do here is great..AND I CANT SPELL

Rockyhud
03-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I echo what the others said - you're doing a great job. Keep it up. We know it's a lot of work on your part and we appreciate it.

ElkSlayer
03-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh someone has been a busy worker bee... good Job my man;)

bigbob29
03-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Great stuff Barry. People might not appreciate how much work can go into being a moderator/ administrator. You have my appreciation

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks Barry!

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
03-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Thanks for all the effort Barry. Are you going to try to ban Hutch again as well for us? lol Sorry Hutch, someone needed to throw that in. lol

rpalt1
03-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Thank you Barry much appreciated:)

parttimr
03-17-2011, 03:52 AM
Lots of folks wouldn't take on a moderator/administrator load so your efforts are extremely appreciated.

archerx7
03-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Great job Barry. Your efforts are greatly appreciated !

Arrow Splitter
03-17-2011, 04:23 AM
Great job Barry. Your efforts are greatly appreciated !

X2 :cool::cool::cool::cool:

A.S

SonnyThomas
03-17-2011, 05:12 AM
Thumbs up, bfisher.

HawgEnvy
03-17-2011, 05:57 AM
I'm w the others. You do a great job. We really appreciate all you do. Hope I didn't sound like I was blaming you for the problems.

bfisher
03-17-2011, 06:52 AM
I do have to tell you guys I made some mistakes. The STICKIES are gone, For those f you who were kind enough to post the information, would you post again and I will STICK them.

I don't know what else I did but when I transferred all the posts I got everything. Photos, Feedback, Traditional, etc got moved into this new Tech Forum. I've spent about 3 hrs. so far trying to separate them and put them in their respective sub-forums. Also deleted some missed spam and other threads that were about a year old and had no replies. Other posts, such as those by me announcing my scuba trips. So if you guys notice your post count is down you'll know why. I guess you could use the term purging, and I'm less than half done, but it will get done.

This is a new experience for me and it's learn-as-you-go. So if anybody has any more knowledge I'd sure look forward to any suggestions. I still don't know how to get the other sub-forums into your view.

Arrow Splitter
03-17-2011, 06:56 AM
I revised my "How to post Photos" thread and posted it again. My first one doesn't apply to this forum, since there are different steps to post photos now.

A.S

bfisher
03-17-2011, 06:59 AM
I revised my "How to post Photos" thread and posted it again. My first one doesn't apply to this forum, since there are different steps to post photos now.

A.S

Yes, I noticed and just STUCK it. Thanks.

Rangerj
03-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks Barry and everyone else .

bengal42
03-17-2011, 10:23 AM
I was worried when I saw your post.Thought you were leaving the site.It's always a pleasure to read your informative posts.Thanks for your efforts in improving this forum.
Joe

SonnyThomas
03-17-2011, 01:33 PM
My, you have been busy! Good work, bf.

Simple Life
03-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Yes,thanks you for your time and work involved in this forum.

SL

Money Man
03-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Barry, thanks for all the time you put in to get us back up and running. I just noticed, reading an old post that Destroyer has been eliminated. I know he has not been active in a while, but I also know a handful of guys have been looking for him, and now he is gone. I just wanted to let you know.

Dave

bfisher
03-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Barry, thanks for all the time you put in to get us back up and running. I just noticed, reading an old post that Destroyer has been eliminated. I know he has not been active in a while, but I also know a handful of guys have been looking for him, and now he is gone. I just wanted to let you know.

Dave

I'll check it out. I noticed right away that whoever was doing whatever while revamping this site deleted a lot of members. Maybe about 2/3 of them. Maybe it was a lot of the spammers and/or inactive members, and during that a few got deleted that shouldn't have. I'm not going to fault anybody for that. I've made a couple big boners just doing what I've been doing the last two days. That's why it's going to take me a week to get it right. That's what happens when ya don't know what you're doing. Learn from mistakes.

MLN1963
03-18-2011, 04:46 AM
It may have been something as simple as deleting anyone who hasn't logged in in the last 6-12 months. A lot of times a person joins a forum to get some info and then they are gone. From my experience most forum users fall into that category.

That is the same reason I joined this forum, to get info about Martin Firecat 400/360s. Then I found out there is a wealth of knowledge here so I have stuck around trying to get myself up to speed bow set up.

Destroyer
05-09-2011, 03:32 PM
A lot of times a person joins a forum to get some info and then they are gone.

Yep, and I see no problem with that. Done it recently with some android forums myself. Sometimes though its the politics, the fighting, the immature behavior and sometimes ppl leave because of organized groups trying to hold onto their 'power'. Sad really. :(

polaris754
05-09-2011, 03:38 PM
hey BARRY great job !! as for a few others I do need a speak n spell as well !!!!!!!!! my release finger dose nt werk to good with my other fingers lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D