PDA

View Full Version : Removing Serving Or String Nocking Points?

MLN1963
03-19-2011, 07:33 AM
What is the best way to remove serving or string nocking points without damaging the string? I know, very carefully!

Simple Life
03-19-2011, 09:40 AM
very carefully!

You got that right.I use a razor blade and always run it perpendicular to the string,just enough to cut the top part of the serving.And take your time.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-19-2011, 09:45 AM
You got that right.I use a razor blade and always run it perpendicular to the string,just enough to cut the top part of the serving.And take your time.
Same here! If you wax the area heavily before the serving, the wax will end up being some what of a barrier.

bfisher
03-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Careful work with a single edge razor for me, too. I know that somebody just has to have some fancy gizmo to sell us to do the job, but old ways work just fine.

Ehunter
03-19-2011, 04:47 PM
X3 on the razor blade for the serving. For the nockset, I use a pair of diagonal cutters VERY carefully. Just open it up enough to get something in to pry it open further with.

Speedykills
03-19-2011, 04:52 PM
X3 on the razor blade for the serving. For the nockset, I use a pair of diagonal cutters VERY carefully. Just open it up enough to get something in to pry it open further with.

Ditto..................