PDA

View Full Version : A little help with my QAD rest!!!!!1

Speedykills
03-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok i put this rest on a few days ago seems i have some contact on my vanes.This is resulting in not so good arrow flight.
First thing is my rest setup right.I have it where the arrow lines up with burger hole,but rest is a 1/4 or so off the shelf.Should i re-adjust it to where it just is above shelf and forget about where it lines up with burger hole.Of course i will have to adjust d-loop again.
Vane contact could be from rest not right,the lines on rest line up at full draw so seems right!.I also am using little football but it hasnt moved so its good.Ok thats it.Thanks for any help.

MLN1963
03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Have you checked out the QAD site support? Which model is it? Here is a link.

http://www.qadinc.com/techsupport.php

Speedykills
03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
It came with a install cd and when the guy set it up on a bow it was off the shelf also but not as high as mine.I was just curious how some peoplr setup theirs or if im doing something wrong.

archerx7
03-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Try shooting with the odd vane down and see if you get any contact that way. The timing on the QAD's is very important, the 2 lines should meet within the last 1" of the draw cycle, any sooner than that with the hunter model and your likley to get contact.

parttimr
03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
I have mine set up so it just clears the shelf and the arrow is not splitting the burger hole in half but maybe the top third of the arrow covers the lower third of the burger hole. I also have the cock vane up per the video and QAD recommendations. So far shoots great and this is the cheapo QAD. Mine is tied in though and not using the football clamp.

rjd
03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Biggest thing to remember is to get the timing marks lined up at full draw. Mine on the Forecat wasn't and I'ld get those same marks. Tyed the cock vane down and would get contact in the center of the prongs.

Read through the directions again. One of the last things they mention is the timing marks.

Good Luck .

Speedykills
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Ok just got through setting it up again,i did split the arrow between the burger hole but rest is lower and looks better.Will try this to see how it goes.

MLN1963
03-21-2011, 08:16 AM
I also have the cock vane up per the video and QAD recommendations.

I don't really understand what this is doing?

rjd
03-21-2011, 02:28 PM
QAD recemmonds shoooting the cock/odd vane in the up position.

Speedykills
03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok got through shooting few arrows,same thing,still hitting vanes.I did notice that at full draw i touched the rope coming from the rest and it had some slack in it.I think that football is slipping,so i will re-time it and tie a knot like that guy on AT did and see if that solves it.
I had one of these before and dont remember it being such a pain..........:p

MLN1963
03-21-2011, 07:15 PM
It sounds like you found your problem!

Speedykills
03-21-2011, 07:24 PM
It sounds like you found your problem!

Well i hope so,turkey season almost here and im still messin with this thing.Anyway this is how i did it in the pic.

MLN1963
03-22-2011, 03:10 AM
You are doing better than me. I came home with a bare bow the other day and I have everything else on order and I'll be lucky if it is all here by early next week. Then I have to set it all up, tune it and BH tune it before Turkey season. That wouldn't be bad but I have never set up or owned a bow before. Wish me luck! :cool:

gravedigger
03-22-2011, 03:40 AM
You are doing better than me. I came home with a bare bow the other day and I have everything else on order and I'll be lucky if it is all here by early next week. Then I have to set it all up, tune it and BH tune it before Turkey season. That wouldn't be bad but I have never set up or owned a bow before. Wish me luck! :cool:

this is going to be your first bow,well congrats.you have been around long enough to know like a pro:p

Money Man
03-22-2011, 03:49 AM
I came home with a bare bow the other day and I have everything else on order and I'll be lucky if it is all here by early next week.

What did you end up with? What are you putting on it?

Speedykills
03-22-2011, 03:53 AM

You picked a tough species to be your first bow kill,what bow did you get!!!

gravedigger
03-22-2011, 03:57 AM
really the first hunt with anybwepon on anynanimal is a bit tough(unless its guided)so go for the gusto and get you bird...but what did you get?

MLN1963
03-22-2011, 07:40 AM
I plan to go hunting with my son if I get everything sorted. Even if I don't get my bow done I'll still take him. I don't know if I'll be successful but that is okay. I'm mostly going to be with my kiddo.

I ended up getting a Firecat 400. I was set on the Silencer but happened upon this and decided that I liked the cat claw look of the FC400. I have a QAD Ultra Hunter LD rest and other goodies on the way.

I jumped in off the deep end and went for it. I figure if I can rebuilding motorcycle and car engines, suspension and all that, I should be able to handle this with a little help from my friends. :cool:

Speedykills
03-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I plan to go hunting with my son if I get everything sorted. Even if I don't get my bow done I'll still take him. I don't know if I'll be successful but that is okay. I'm mostly going to be with my kiddo.

I ended up getting a Firecat 400. I was set on the Silencer but happened upon this and decided that I liked the cat claw look of the FC400. I have a QAD Ultra Hunter LD rest and other goodies on the way.

I jumped in off the deep end and went for it. I figure if I can rebuilding motorcycle and car engines, suspension and all that, I should be able to handle this with a little help from my friends. :cool:

Looks like your going to have a good time,nice first bow too.Post a pic when you bag one.
Ok well i figured out my problem,even tying in rope from rest instead of little clamp i still was getting major vane contact,ya i was getting pissed at this time.Then i rememberd that extra launcher for better clearance,BINGO problem solved.Ok i feel better now....................:D

MLN1963
03-22-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm glad you sorted it out. I'm going to use the TL1 launcher as well. I plan to try FOBs and was told to use it. Since our bows are probably very similar this may save me some heartache.

Can you post pictures of it now so we can see before and after pics? Is your arrow below the burger holes now? Is your nock level or higher than the rest and if so how much?

Speedykills
03-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Geez,ok back to square 1,i put the regular launcher back on,then set the whole thing back up again,football clamp wasnt problem it never slipped,white out doesnt lie.Only thing that i didnt do through all this was move my Knock point.That was my problem,as their must be alot of kick down on the shot.I ended up setting KP at almost a 1/4" above 90.Then took a few shots,barely any contact on right vane,move rest right a little to far now vane contact on left vane,move just a little to left,all gone.No vane contact anywhere shooting bullets at 20yds so everything is good.Whew glad thas done,thanks for all reply's.

elkslayer4x5
03-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Glad you got it all sorted out, and your shooting bullet holes. Now to fine tune it with your broadheads. :D

Speedykills
03-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Well you know when somethings are meant to be and some arent,even though i got the QAD shooting good i guess there is a difference between a 100.00 rest and a 54.99 rest.Maybe im just spoiled on my TT,which last night i put back on.I guess if it aint broke dont fix it.
Anyway it's up for sale on AT also........................

MLN1963
03-25-2011, 12:46 PM
What's for sale, the bow or the rest?

Speedykills
03-25-2011, 04:06 PM
What's for sale, the bow or the rest?

Not the bow,rest is.....im let her go for $45.00 shipped....