PDA

View Full Version : Glue to for new rubber grip!!!!!

Speedykills
03-22-2011, 06:40 PM
The rubber on the front of my grip split in two it was like this outa box,no biggie,i have a new one martin sent me,what kind of glue should i use!!!! im also thinking of putting the elite wood grip on instead,still up in the air on which way to go.I trimmed that rubber off so it doesnt interfere with anything,just curious on the glue though.

HawgEnvy
03-22-2011, 08:01 PM
maybe some elmers rubber cement, permatex,clear silicone sealant:confused: I think I'd go w the wood grip,myself. Is it a 2pc? Does it glue on or have a bolt through it?

Speedykills
03-22-2011, 08:09 PM
maybe some elmers rubber cement, permatex,clear silicone sealant:confused: I think I'd go w the wood grip,myself. Is it a 2pc? Does it glue on or have a bolt through it?

Yes the wood grip is a 2 piece with a bolt and nut,has leather that goes around grip under wood grips.

MLN1963
03-22-2011, 08:38 PM
I'd like to see pictures when you are done. Sounds nice.

bfisher
03-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Yes the wood grip is a 2 piece with a bolt and nut,has leather that goes around grip under wood grips.

That sounds like the Thermal Elite that I always get on my Martins. Much, much better grip than rubber. I hate rubber.

I haven't found all the posts yet before the website change, but search for Thermal or Thermal II grip. Joel had posted a STICKY on removing and installing the rubber grip. It should be here somewhere.

bfisher
03-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Don't bother with a search. You aren't going to find it. I already looked.

archerx7
03-23-2011, 04:12 AM
Any type of instant glue will work fine. I use Gold Tip tip grip myself.

SonnyThomas
03-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Any type of instant glue will work fine. I use Gold Tip tip grip myself.

Yep. Replaced a couple with Gold Tip and Bohning XT Quantum. After removing the rubber you may find rubber stuck to the riser inset. No problem. Scrap with a sharp flat screw driver or I used Dremel tool and the real small wire brush.