PDA

View Full Version : i need a new idler wheel for a '10 cheetah

timbow
03-23-2011, 06:56 AM
I have a martin cheetah and my idler wheel isnt perfectly round and even has a little flat spot on it. I've been looking for them but cant find one. Can i put any idler wheel on it or does is have to be for a martin cheetah.

alex
03-23-2011, 07:12 AM
If you are the original owner Martin will replace it. I wouldn't use another brands wheel even it's possible to put it on the Martin limb.

HawgEnvy
03-23-2011, 08:22 AM
If you are the original owner Martin will replace it. I wouldn't use another brands wheel even it's possible to put it on the Martin limb.

is it personal preferance/opinion or is there chance of damage to other parts of the bow? It doesn't seem like it would hurt anything so long as it's the same size. But I don't know for sure.

alex
03-23-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't know for sure too. If the wheel is EXACTLY the same it won't hurt anything i guess, but i can't say whether there are 2 similar idler wheels on the market. And by the way if you have to buy a new wheel why not take the proper one?

MLN1963
03-23-2011, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't think it would matter as long as it is a proper replacement. Some things that I can think of off the top of my head that need consideration are these: pulley diameter, axle diameter, axles spacers, pulley groove size/depth. I'm sure that I may have overlooked something but that is a start anyway.

HawgEnvy
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't know for sure too. If the wheel is EXACTLY the same it won't hurt anything i guess, but i can't say whether there are 2 similar idler wheels on the market. And by the way if you have to buy a new wheel why not take the proper one?

oh I agree. I'd much rather use the proper wheel,for sure. Another Cheetah could probably b had on ebay for cheap,also.

timbow
03-23-2011, 10:16 AM
thanks its hardly noticeable so i might just leave it alone. i am the original owner but i never sent in or saved my reciept and i bought it off an ebay store new and i know they dont like covering stuff bought on ebay.

bfisher
03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
thanks its hardly noticeable so i might just leave it alone. i am the original owner but i never sent in or saved my reciept and i bought it off an ebay store new and i know they dont like covering stuff bought on ebay.

If you bought it new from an authorized Martin dealer I doubt whether it will matter whether he advertised on Ebay or not. There are authorized dealer selling on Ebay. Being as it is a Cheetah it's of recent manufacture and should be under warranty. I'd give customer service a call and see what they'll do. You have nothing to lose.

1-800-541-8902. Check the serial number of the bow on the botton limb sticker. The first two numbers are the year of manufacture.

Speedykills
03-23-2011, 04:47 PM
If you bought it new from an authorized Martin dealer I doubt whether it will matter whether he advertised on Ebay or not. There are authorized dealer selling on Ebay. Being as it is a Cheetah it's of recent manufacture and should be under warranty. I'd give customer service a call and see what they'll do. You have nothing to lose.

1-800-541-8902. Check the serial number of the bow on the botton limb sticker. The first two numbers are the year of manufacture.

Yes i agree call them,i got a grip replacement under warranty and i got my bow from a AT dealer,no questions asked.
They will most likely tell you to take it o a authorized dealer to have it done or send it back to martin.