PDA

View Full Version : Got turkey?

Arrow Splitter
03-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Here's some turkeys that were in the backyard yesterday.

A.S

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa456/ArrowSplitter/?action=view&current=100_0603.mp4

Simple Life
03-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Here's some turkeys that were in the backyard yesterday.

A.S

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa456/ArrowSplitter/?action=view&current=100_0603.mp4

Very nice,I will make you a deal-Turkey hunt for a Blackbear hunt;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-23-2011, 01:44 PM
How about mountain lion for Black bear?

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
03-23-2011, 01:46 PM

Sorry, I have no interest in black bear hunting. As a matter of fact I haven't hunted for turkey, yet. I still have yet to get the only animal I've hunted, A DEER!:rolleyes:

A.S

Simple Life
03-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Maybe with my 30.06:)You got Mt lions down there.The eastern cougar is pretty well gone from here,very odd sightings here and there.

Arrow Splitter
03-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Nah, he could come here and we could have a huge coyote shoot out...first one to shoot 10 coyotes wins.:cool::cool:

Arrow Splitter
03-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey SL, look at your last post and my last post..we're in sync.:p:p

Simple Life
03-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Sorry, I have no interest in black bear hunting. As a matter of fact I haven't hunted for turkey, yet. I still have yet to get the only animal I've hunted, A DEER!:rolleyes:

A.S

Give it time AS,be no fun if we got something every year.

Arrow Splitter
03-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Give it time AS,be no fun if we got something every year.

I will. I still enjoy the hunt.:cool::cool:

A.S

Simple Life
03-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Coyotes are real fun,good way to pass in between seasons.How about moose,now there some excitement;)

Arrow Splitter
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Coyotes are real fun,good way to pass in between seasons.How about moose,now there some excitement;)

Hmmm... Moose? Nope. I'll stick to my deer hunting and maybe turkey hunting later.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Maybe with my 30.06:)You got Mt lions down there.The eastern cougar is pretty well gone from here,very odd sightings here and there.

I tracked a mt lion 11 years ago. They said no such thing in our area. Yeah right! I know it was and This year 25 miles from here a elderly lady called and said she had a mt lion in the yard. They said it was probably a bob cat. She insisted it was a mt loin. So the fish and game guy came with a camera. She said he is in the side yard. The officer went with her around to the side yard. Low and behold they both ran for the front door of the ladies house the because the mt lion was right behind them. The officer took pics and they said no such thing:rolleyes: liars.:p

Hutch

MLN1963
03-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Nah, he could come here and we could have a huge coyote shoot out...first one to shoot 10 coyotes wins.:cool::cool:

Yotes with a bow? 10 of them? They must be aggressive where you live!

Arrow Splitter
03-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Yotes with a bow? 10 of them? They must be aggressive where you live!

Well, maybe not with a bow.;) I'm thinking more along the lines of a semi-auto.:cool::cool: Coyotes are definitely present in numbers around here.

A.S

Money Man
03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I tracked a mt lion 11 years ago. They said no such thing in our area. Yeah right! I know it was and This year 25 miles from here a elderly lady called and said she had a mt lion in the yard. They said it was probably a bob cat. She insisted it was a mt loin. So the fish and game guy came with a camera. She said he is in the side yard. The officer went with her around to the side yard. Low and behold they both ran for the front door of the ladies house the because the mt lion was right behind them. The officer took pics and they said no such thing:rolleyes: liars.:p

Hutch

My folks had one in their back yard about 2 years ago. My mother had smarts enough to get the camera, and she took the photo from quite a distance, but since it was in the back yard, it was easy to find the spot they were both standing. I had just got a yellow lab and at the time he was only 25 pounds, so we took another photo with my mother standing in the same spot, and I took the dog to where the cat was, and I'll say that dog looked rather small. I don't think it was a full grown cat, but I when my mother called DEC they told her it was somebody's house cat because we don't have mountain lions here. I have never seen a house cat weigh more than 25 lbs and have muscles bulging on it. One of these days I will have to find the photos.

Ehunter
03-24-2011, 06:05 PM
There was a mt. lion running around the KU campus for the last couple years. Recently, a guy shot one in that area, so they think it might the be same one. I've seen them down in my area as well, even though we don't have any in Kansas they say. Of course, they say we have no poisonous snakes in KS also. lol

AS, if you ever do start turkey hunting with a bow, you'll love it. Every bit, if not more addictive than deer. I've been hunting them with a bow for about 6 years now. I've gotten 3 so far. Shotgunning started getting too easy, so I switched over. Two things we do have plenty of around here, deer and turkey.