PDA

View Full Version : to shoot or not to shoot?

gravedigger
03-23-2011, 03:52 PM
well my fellow archers im coming to you with a mind numbing question.well mind numbing for me .since i broke my jaw and im now home after being plated and screwed,i am wanting to go shoot my bow.the doc said i cant lift any more the 15 lbs.he never said anything about pulling back oh lets say 60 lbs.i will turn it down from the 73 its at.but im just wanting a bit of advise befor i tromp out in the yard and maybe do something stupid,i am on pain killers so i do feel better then i probly am,but i did go to work today and now hurt worse then i did yesterday......so what yall think shoot it up or hang it up for a bit:cool::(;):eek:

Simple Life
03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
well my fellow archers im coming to you with a mind numbing question.well mind numbing for me .since i broke my jaw and im now home after being plated and screwed,i am wanting to go shoot my bow.the doc said i cant lift any more the 15 lbs.he never said anything about pulling back oh lets say 60 lbs.i will turn it down from the 73 its at.but im just wanting a bit of advise befor i tromp out in the yard and maybe do something stupid,i am on pain killers so i do feel better then i probly am,but i did go to work today and now hurt worse then i did yesterday......so what yall think shoot it up or hang it up for a bit:cool::(;):eek:

I say take it easy and hold off,that bow will still be there when you have healed up.

archerx7
03-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Hang it up untill you can consult with your doctor on shooting. He will most likely frown on the idea.

Arrow Splitter
03-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I say take it easy and hold off,that bow will still be there when you have healed up.

I'm going to have to agree with SL, I don't think it would be a good idea to shoot just yet. Lord willing you will be healed up in no time and back shooting.:cool:

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Relax sit back and heal. Or we will break your arms.;):p
Listen to your elders.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
03-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Relax sit back and heal. Or we will break your arms.;):p
Listen to your elders.

Hutch:cool:

sir yes sir...:D.........well think i will hang it up..i need my arms.lol..got to work and jaw is not needed so much.thanks fellas my wife is locking it up

MLN1963
03-23-2011, 05:49 PM
The doc might not want you to get your blood pressure too high right now. That might be why the seemingly unrelated 15 lbs limit.

HawgEnvy
03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
yup. Time to chill for a bit. Watch some youtube hunting videos,hunting mags. You'll be better soon

SonnyThomas
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I agree with others. Try to push and you may have a set back and a bad one. And when you are able, start with a kid's bow, say 10 to 12 pounds and go from there. Give them muscles time to remember and rebuild. That's how I got back, though from having my bow hand rebuilt. Talk about ouchie....

rpalt1
03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah take it easy for now give yourself a chance to heal:)

polaris754
03-24-2011, 02:04 PM
i have to ask what broke yer jaw ?:rolleyes:

bfisher
03-24-2011, 02:28 PM
He was out some place he shouldn't have been doing something he should not have been doing.

gravedigger
03-24-2011, 03:55 PM
He was out some place he shouldn't have been doing something he should not have been doing.

well mr.fisher i would not go as far to say that^.i am a 27 year old man who pays his bill and takes care of his family with the help of no one.ware i was at was ware i wanted to be,what i was doing was having a great time.my way of getting home is ware it all hit the fan.no phone and 7 or 8 miles from home,well my choice to get home was not the best but i could have drove and well someone els could have got hurt.walking was my only option.or catch a ride from another drunk person.....dont take what i had to say the wrong way barry
,i just wanted to clear it up a bit.
polaris754 put my name in the search forum and it will come up with what happend..AS was kind enough to share what happend since im on all kind of waky pain killers

Lung Buster
03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah I would hold off on shooting you definitely don't need any set backs! Just relax for a while and give yourself a chance to heal.

Ehunter
03-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Grave, take it easy and listen to the doc. I've been through 2 back surgeries so far, and they know what they are talking about. lol 5 months after the surgeries, I was finally allowed to shoot a 60# bow. That was a long 5 months both times, but it was better than getting screwed up worse, and not being able to shoot anymore.

polaris754
03-25-2011, 01:24 AM
sorry dude i kinnda thought yer bow might of blew up or something like that ,and thats what did it, i would hold off on the shooting fer sure ,as u will find out if u try , u will stress everything when u yank that string back , good luc :) when my bow blew the idler and the limb wacked me in the head , IT CAN BREAK STUFF TO i still think that was a wake up call fer sure

Skbengal
03-29-2011, 11:55 AM
I feel for you brother!My bottom jaw is wired together so I know what you're going through.The bad news is you are probably not going to be using your bow for about two months.It took six months before I could eat a steak again.Wish you a speedy recovery!

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 12:23 PM
I feel for you brother!My bottom jaw is wired together so I know what you're going through.The bad news is you are probably not going to be using your bow for about two months.It took six months before I could eat a steak again.Wish you a speedy recovery!

aww man thats sucks.six months befor you could eat a steak.im tepted to toss one in the blender with some gravy and drink one down.they might let my jaw loose this friday and let me eat soup.2 months with out shooting i can live with that.as long as its not any longer.and thanks for the suport.

SonnyThomas
03-29-2011, 02:57 PM
gravediggermtv, just ate a steak for you. Tasted pretty dang good and so tender and I usually don't care for steak. Let me know when and I'll eat another for you. :D:D:D

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 03:57 PM
gravediggermtv, just ate a steak for you. Tasted pretty dang good and so tender and I usually don't care for steak. Let me know when and I'll eat another for you. :D:D:D

not cool..feel free to toss the mtv off my handl,its just the inishals of my cemetery.

rpalt1
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I hope you had onions on that steak sonny:p

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 04:02 PM
dam onions,dam solid food.i have had nothing to eat since the 18th.i have lost so much weight.im going crazy,ready to cut the cabels and eat some real food.i might even eat a onion if given the chance,thats how hungry i am

alex
03-30-2011, 08:12 AM
dam onions,dam solid food.i have had nothing to eat since the 18th.i have lost so much weight.im going crazy,ready to cut the cabels and eat some real food.i might even eat a onion if given the chance,thats how hungry i am

That's awful! Any sign from the attackers? Does the police do something about your case?

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 10:11 AM
That's awful! Any sign from the attackers? Does the police do something about your case?

i dont know who they are.i could not tell a person one single thing about them.all i seen was stars. click on this it will tell ya what happend

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?9182-gravediggermtv&highlight=gravediggermtv

Tparrish
03-30-2011, 11:23 AM
have had nothing to eat since the 18th.i have lost so much weight:mad:

Man GD been there done that. Bad deal Bud. They have to pull a tooth to suck through a straw? Try Milk Shakes & Baby food, fruit stuffs not bad, but them veggies:p. Hope you get back together soon.
Tom

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 11:39 AM
have had nothing to eat since the 18th.i have lost so much weight:mad:

Man GD been there done that. Bad deal Bud. They have to pull a tooth to suck through a straw? Try Milk Shakes & Baby food, fruit stuffs not bad, but them veggies:p. Hope you get back together soon.
Tom

well i have been on slimfast and carnation breakfast shakes,but they put me on a limit of how much i can take in.its 16 oz in the morning and 16 oz at night.i did weigh in at 210 befor and now i weight 185.i have not been at that weight since i got marrid 5 years ago.friday might be the day i get to eat some blended up beef stew.and i would not let them take a tooth.i like my teeth right ware there at.it will al be better with time.its all good:D

alex
03-30-2011, 12:12 PM
i dont know who they are.i could not tell a person one single thing about them.all i seen was stars. click on this it will tell ya what happend

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?9182-gravediggermtv&highlight=gravediggermtv

I remember quite well what happened with you. How big is your town and the area around? I don't think there are so many people using metal bars against their fellow citizens, so the police should know most of them and could interrogate them. This was an attempt for murder, not a joke!!! Nevermind who started the fight they had absolutely no right to use such a weapon.
Again - wish you a quick recovery ... and a gargantuan meal when you're able to have it! :)

gravedigger
04-02-2011, 09:40 PM
well i went to the doc yesterday.they let my jaw loose then shut it back up.xrays did not look great.doc told me to do some biting exerises after my surgery and well it caused micro fractures on the side they did not plate because it was fractured not broke.the center of my jaw ware they did plat it is healing up great.so now i have 2 or 3 more weeks or my jaw being closed up.on top of that i have a fracture down my right hand.no need to cast it because its not broke,but i cant pull back with my relrase.i say that cus i got that aok to go ahead and shoot.since the 18th of march i have lost 25 pounds.it sucks i just got the go ahead to shoot andi have a fracture on my hand.such is life but it will heal in no time.just wanted to give an update.thanks for all of your support in this.

on a lighter note,for you guys who are looking to shed a few pound try my weight los program.all you need is 1 wired shut jaw.slim fast,carnation breakfast shakes,boost protein shakes and yes in 2 weeks you too can loose upto and more then 25 pounds.take it from me...it works