PDA

View Full Version : Another broadhead thread....

parttimr
03-25-2011, 07:08 PM
For those of you that have shot them thoughts please. Trying to decide between ST 100 mags, Muzzy MX3 100 gr, or old Muzzy 3 blade? Went away from 125's with the new set up. Over on the broadhead site Muzzy rep says the MX3 does fly better than the old 3 blade due to more of a slimmer line and less planing. Sts in the sig line because I was headed that way but now don't know. Thoughts please. Thanks.

leeindy
03-25-2011, 07:15 PM
have you looked at the slick trick magnums. im gonna stick a pig with one next weekend ill show you some pictures of the damage

gravedigger
i shoot plane jane 100 grn muzzy 3 blade.i like good flight hit hard and do damage.they come with practice blades and thats nice.but i am wanting to knw a bit more on the mx3 myself.i heard they have better flight so on and so forth.but really got to shoot them to know whats up.

martinbowhunter
Well i happen to have shot all those head's. And still have a few of each left. Yes the Muzzy MX3's do fly alot better than the regular (longer) muzzy's. Now if your looking for almost perfect flight.....i would go with the slick tricks. They fly even better than the MX3.....alot better imo. I was very impressed with slick trick's and will probably stay with them for a long time. Plus there probably the sharpest BH out imo....very sharp.

Speedykills
03-25-2011, 07:33 PM
I took my buck and a hog last year with mx3,flew right on target,buck was shot from the ground and hog from tree stand.
Buck had a massive hole and hog was same very devastating broad heads,good penatration.

leeindy
03-25-2011, 07:37 PM
i put my broad heads threw the test the other day. exact same impact point as field points out to my 60 yard pin

gravedigger
03-25-2011, 07:52 PM
i put my broad heads threw the test the other day. exact same impact point as field points out to my 60 yard pin

would you be so kind as to share what bh you are shooting.no info on i shot my broadheads and they flew straight..ya know what i meen

leeindy
03-25-2011, 07:54 PM
slick tricks. i thought post two would have given that part away.

gravedigger
03-25-2011, 08:10 PM
slick tricks. i thought post two would have given that part away.

ooops..over looked it.sorry

martinbowhunter
03-25-2011, 08:28 PM
LOL. Don't feel bad Gravedigger....I was going to ask him the same question....good thing you beat me to it. So yeah Gravedigger, didn't post #2 cover that??????:p

HawgEnvy
03-25-2011, 09:06 PM
I've had nothing but bad experiences w Muzzy 100gr 3blade so I've never been inclined to use any of the others. Are you set on Muzzy or open to suggestions? Did you order your HT arrows yet?

cjchasman
03-26-2011, 03:11 AM
I have shot both the original 3 and 4 blade muzzy and the 3 and 4 blade in the MX series. The MX 3 blade flies best for me (right on w/ zero planing) and I like the cut width. The MX is definately an improvement. I do recommend you look around though and find the best for you, there's a bunch of quality BHeads out there. Swap and exchange w/ some buddies so it doesn't cost you an arm & leg.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-26-2011, 05:02 AM
My son and I have used many kinds of broad heads. From mechanical to non. We stick to non mechanical less worries. My son shot muzzy 4 blades @ 40yards, the arrow flew erratic and went end over end. This not to say muzzy is a bad broad head. Because they are not they have made substantial changes to their line. But after seeing that he sold them and bought different ones. I myself got carbon express F-15 fixed blades. I have found so far that they fly superior to any I have owned. I didn't need to tune them, for right out of the package they hit the same place my field point hit. So far I am impressed with them. They are a bit pricey but they should last.

Hutch:cool:

parttimr
03-26-2011, 05:29 AM
Thanks for all the responses. @ hawgenvy I am pretty much leaning to the ST's just wanted input on the MX3' really, and no didn't order the HT's but kept your info, bought new GT's not long ago and really like them.

@ Hutc that is one wicked looking BH

elkslayer4x5
03-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Ole 3 blade Muzzy's for me, get great flight, don't dare to try and shot groups of field points and Muzzys, as the Muzzys keep cutting the vanes off whatevers in the target. :)

NuttyNative
03-26-2011, 06:53 AM
I've had very good luck with the Shuttle T-Lock's. Don't want to shoot groups with them either.

rpalt1
03-26-2011, 09:58 AM
In the past I shot 3 blade muzzys and am going to use them again[old style] they fly perfect out of my cheetah. no problrems so far out to 40 yds;)

HawgEnvy
03-26-2011, 10:04 AM
My son and I have used many kinds of broad heads. From mechanical to non. We stick to non mechanical less worries. My son shot muzzy 4 blades @ 40yards, the arrow flew erratic and went end over end. This not to say muzzy is a bad broad head. Because they are not they have made substantial changes to their line. But after seeing that he sold them and bought different ones. I myself got carbon express F-15 fixed blades. I have found so far that they fly superior to any I have owned. I didn't need to tune them, for right out of the package they hit the same place my field point hit. So far I am impressed with them. They are a bit pricey but they should last.

have you shot anything w those yet? I almost picked some up but was leary of the flight. The look like thaid do some damage

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-26-2011, 10:50 AM
have you shot anything w those yet? I almost picked some up but was leary of the flight. The look like thaid do some damage
I got the f15 last year. Haven't shot anything yet, I will this year. I will be trying them at 60yards next. I like them because they are solid and rigid. Ike's outdoors gave a good review and some on broadhead talk. Honestly they have shot like darts for me.
Here is the commercial hype http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/cms/content/f-15-dual-blade
here is the review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRLcTk3Q90
here is broadhead talk http://www.broadheadtalk.com/broadhead-tests/1663-f15-coc-expandable.html

HawgEnvy
03-26-2011, 02:02 PM
thanks for the links, Hutch. maybe ill end up shootin those this fall.

Ehunter
03-28-2011, 05:39 AM
The best flight I've found came from Slick Trick 100 gr. Mags, and 100 gr. Shuttle T-Locks. The T-locks out penetrate the Slicks Tricks by a bit as well. Old g/f got a complete pass through, quartering away, with 100 gr. T-Locks shooting at 48# 25 inch draw. Roughly 385 gr. arrow, so it was probably only going about 230 fps or so. Broke 2 ribs going in, 2 coming out, and left a massive exit hole. Once I get everything fine tuned, I'll be using those T-locks myself.

parttimr
03-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Well I bought some ST's and am going to see how they fly if have some problems I'll let ya know. Still thinking about trying the MX-3s also if I can't get the tricks to fly right. Plan on using the Easton guide for BH tuning. Thanks for all the input guys.

gravedigger
03-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Well I bought some ST's and am going to see how they fly if have some problems I'll let ya know. Still thinking about trying the MX-3s also if I can't get the tricks to fly right. Plan on using the Easton guide for BH tuning. Thanks for all the input guys.

let me know how them st's work for ya.they have kind of peakd my intress

parttimr
03-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Will do GD got them from e-bay so will be a couple days. Will post results hopefully no later than the weekend. Finally supposed to get into the 40's.

gravedigger
03-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Will do GD got them from e-bay so will be a couple days. Will post results hopefully no later than the weekend. Finally supposed to get into the 40's.

verry nice.they say it will hit low 60's on thursday...but still cant shoot.thats all right i will live through all of yall for now.:p

cjchasman
04-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Just got in from some back yard shooting. Had an oppurtunity to shoot some shuttle T Lock 100 gr. trophy taker broadheads. I had to do nothing, zilch, nada to my bow. Punching bulls at 30 and 40 yds. w/ the best penetration I ever saw. I use MX3's now and thought they performed well but I absolutely will replace w/ Shuttle T's. I remembed Ehunter's eval of this broadhead when I saw them in my buddy's bow case. We trade broadheads all the time before we buy...We'll both be shooting T-locks this deer season.

HawgEnvy
04-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Just got in from some back yard shooting. Had an oppurtunity to shoot some shuttle T Lock 100 gr. trophy taker broadheads. I had to do nothing, zilch, nada to my bow. Punching bulls at 30 and 40 yds. w/ the best penetration I ever saw. I use MX3's now and thought they performed well but I absolutely will replace w/ Shuttle T's. I remembed Ehunter's eval of this broadhead when I saw them in my buddy's bow case. We trade broadheads all the time before we buy...We'll both be shooting T-locks this deer season.

I'll take the Muzzy's off your hands!

cjchasman
04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I'll take the Muzzy's off your hands!

Now you know we all like to have back-ups. I rarely part w/ any of my toys. Any how I had the feeling you were shying away from Muzzy?:)