PDA

View Full Version : colorado rifle elk hunt anyone?

HawgEnvy
03-26-2011, 10:12 AM
my brother is a taxidermist and won this hunt. Hunt starts Nov 16-21. Michigan firearm starts on Nov.15 and he doesn't want to lose business. He want to sell this hunt to fund a different hunt at a later time. He can be contacted via his website(Natures Image Taxidery) or PM me for his email address. I told him I'd post it on here,so if your interested,tell him his brother(jerry) sent you.

MLN1963
03-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Jerry

Do you know a ballpark figure on the price and what additional expenses there would be?

HawgEnvy
03-26-2011, 10:50 AM
no,i have no other details. Only talked to him a few minutes this morning. Your best bet would be to contact him for full details. He won one last year also, so he could fill you in on all aspects of the hunt area as well.

Brian Jones
03-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Here's the info, I received. Copied from the hunt site

This is a self-guided rifle elk hunt hunt for one hunter. You will be staying in our log lodge at our ranch that sits in the middle of some of the best elk hunting in Colorado. You will be staying with 3-4 other hunters in the lodge. All meals will be provided and you will have maps to show you the most productive hunting areas. The hunting dates are Nov. 16th – Nov.20st, 2011. You will be hunting in Unit 62 which joins the well-known unit 61 (one of the best trophy hunting units in the state). Bulls are consistently harvested in the 350+ range from our ranch. This "deluxe drop camp" hunt will supply you with everything you need except your sleeping bag, personal gear and weapon. You may bring your own four wheelers if you like, use your four-wheel drive to access many areas from the ranch, or hunt on foot right from the cabin. Tags must be applied for by April 4, 2011. If by chance you do not draw for 2011, your hunt will be carried over until the following year. Cost of out-of-state license is $551.00. All hunters born on or after Jan. 1, 1949, must have a hunter safety card.

I went to this ranch on a bowhunt last fall. I can give you all of the info I have. They have an excellent camp cook, an old Indian guy who knows the area well and gave us a ton of info. The value of the hunt is $2500. I would like to sell for $1500.00 OBO. You can email me direct (address in profile) Pm or post here, if you are interested. Thanks, Brian