PDA

View Full Version : I hate cabela's!

Lung Buster
03-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Just got home from cabelas and I hate how you cant go in that store with out them twisting your arm to spend money! I walked out of there and before I knew it I spent a couple hundred dollars! Ugh! Glad the closest one to my house is two hours away! Haha

bfisher
03-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Sounds like they really twisted your arm. Or was it twisting your wallet like a wet dish rag?

Lung Buster
03-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Twisting probably isn't the right word! Encouraging is more like it!

martinbowhunter
03-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Atleast you have a cabela's to walk into! lol

boothill
03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
They are getting ready to build a new Cabelas in the city our son and DIL and grandson live in 2 hours from us. My wife is already complaining about spending to much time there and it isn't even built yet.

kylecurtis04
03-27-2011, 01:34 PM
it sounds more like a love hate. lol

Lung Buster
03-27-2011, 01:38 PM
IMO cabelas is the best place on earth! Lol

HawgEnvy
03-27-2011, 02:23 PM
I disagree. I don't like paying more for stuff to pay for their museum. It's a nice tourist place,for sure. If I drive north the same distance I have triple the selection at better prices. It's more like a warehouse than a big chain store and they only have 2 locations in Michigan.

bfisher
03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I disagree. I don't like paying more for stuff to pay for their museum. It's a nice tourist place,for sure. If I drive north the same distance I have triple the selection at better prices. It's more like a warehouse than a big chain store and they only have 2 locations in Michigan.

Pretty much my thinking, too. I've got one less than an hour from my house and I think I've been in it twice since it was built, maybe ten years ago. Same goes for Bass Pro, about 10 minutes from my house. They are show places. For the most part their prices are retail and they have virtually nothing that I need. Notice I said NEED. They have nothing archery related that interests me, that's for sure.

I've a Gandre Mt, store 15 minutes away. Kinsey's Outdoor is 20 minutes and Lancaster is about 40 minutes. I'm surrounded and no desire to spend.

leeindy
03-27-2011, 05:50 PM
ive only been in a cableas one time. i spent 4 hours and didnt spend a nickel. almost bought a shirt but they didnt have my size. i could have got twice as much done in ten minutes with the master catalog sitting on the john.

HawgEnvy
03-27-2011, 08:19 PM
if there's something I want I have my pro shop get it for me if they don't have it. Other times I just try something new from their selection if I don't want to wait to order. They let me put everything on my bow and shoot in the range before I buy also. I love having a good pro shop w a friendly staff. Been a loyal customer for almost 15yrs now.

Simple Life
03-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Pretty much my thinking, too. I've got one less than an hour from my house and I think I've been in it twice since it was built, maybe ten years ago. Same goes for Bass Pro, about 10 minutes from my house. They are show places. For the most part their prices are retail and they have virtually nothing that I need. Notice I said NEED. They have nothing archery related that interests me, that's for sure.

I've a Gandre Mt, store 15 minutes away. Kinsey's Outdoor is 20 minutes and Lancaster is about 40 minutes. I'm surrounded and no desire to spend.

Sounds like Heaven to me,I have nothing like those stores here.:(

Lung Buster
03-28-2011, 10:52 AM
I wish I had a decent pro shop in my area there are a couple around and they are ridiculously expensive and they never want to sell you what you want only what they have! And the closest Martin dealer that is a pro shop is 3 hours away! That's is why I bought my bow from Dicks I would love to support my local guys but they are a joke!