PDA

View Full Version : String leaches or cat whisker's?

martinbowhunter
03-28-2011, 02:15 PM
which do you prefer? I like my cat whisker's better plus they are alot cheaper than string leaches. Sorry i made this thread cause i didn't wanna hi jack the other thread.

bfisher
03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
I've used both a lot over the years. They both work well, but because I shoot for a sales rep I can get Simms products for free I use the leeches. The old S-shaped leeches didn't last long, but the newer Super leeches have been no problem. Now that I gave up hunting and quiet is not so much of an isue I don't use either. Given their effectiveness and cost if I had to buy either I would go with Cat Whiskers and trim them down to about half their original size. They are cheap and do the job. Sometimes simple is better.

Simple Life
03-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Cat Whiskers -Like to make them golf ball size:D

martinbowhunter
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Cat Whiskers -Like to make them golf ball size:D

How's that limb saver working out for you? The one on your limb's. Have you had any issues with it falling off? Also what did you use to prep the area before you installed them? I have been thinking about getting me some, just worried about it not staying on.

Simple Life
03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
How's that limb saver working out for you? The one on your limb's. Have you had any issues with it falling off? Also what did you use to prep the area before you installed them? I have been thinking about getting me some, just worried about it not staying on.

Well I can say this,they are off my old bow and moved to my Saber and still sticking;)I pryed them off and stuck them on and have about 300 shots and they are still there.I find they work and are not marketing hype.They are really sticky and hold on good.

martinbowhunter
03-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Well I can say this,they are off my old bow and moved to my Saber and still sticking;)I pryed them off and stuck them on and have about 300 shots and they are still there.I find they work and are not marketing hype.They are really sticky and hold on good.

wow, that is impressive! now to deside between the limb savers and the bow jacks....lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-28-2011, 04:00 PM
x2 on the cat whiskers as for the limb savers falling off if you email the company the send you new 3m replacement dots. I use Xfactors they don't stick on the limb, they wrap around and hook. 2285

Hutch:cool:

Speedykills
03-28-2011, 04:33 PM
I dont use anything on my string,bow is plenty quiet,but i have used cat &leaches,whiskers are the the best when i did use them.

HawgEnvy
03-28-2011, 04:52 PM
wow, that is impressive! now to deside between the limb savers and the bow jacks....lol

don't bother with the bowjax for the limbs. Limbsavers are by far more effective. The ones on my Cheetah have been on several bows. I put a little contact adhesive for a little extra hold since they're about 8yrs old and have been on and off so much.

cat whiskers over the leeches. Cheaper and more effective,IMO

gravedigger
03-28-2011, 04:55 PM
100% wiskers,i had the stock silencers on when i got my bow and well after hutch said to give them wiskers a try,well i wont go back.so yes cat wiskers.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-28-2011, 04:59 PM
If you want a little pizzazz to you bow here is a link for some cool looking whiskers.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1434722&highlight=color+cats

Hutch:cool:

martinbowhunter
03-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Thank's for the link hutch. So i went to one of the local shop's here (only ten minutes away):p and bought some limbsavers. Got home, did what the instructions said to do. Oh BTW, i only had some 91% alcohol and that thing made me :mad:. It took off some of the paint, but that's ok cause i only did a little spot on each limb thank god. All i can say is WOW!!!! This thing made a huge difference. My bow is was more quiet now. I forgot who it was that said not to get the bowjacks but, thankyou. This thing is awesome. Oh yeah, and hutch, i would have tried the ones you recomended but that shop didn't have them.

gravedigger
03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Thank's for the link hutch. So i went to one of the local shop's here (only ten minutes away):p and bought some limbsavers. Got home, did what the instructions said to do. Oh BTW, i only had some 91% alcohol and that thing made me :mad:. It took off some of the paint, but that's ok cause i only did a little spot on each limb thank god. All i can say is WOW!!!! This thing made a huge difference. My bow is was more quiet now. I forgot who it was that said not to get the bowjacks but, thankyou. This thing is awesome. Oh yeah, and hutch, i would have tried the ones you recomended but that shop didn't have them.

so what no boot heal..lol:D

martinbowhunter
03-28-2011, 09:06 PM
so what no boot heal..lol:D

Nooooo, i didn't want the pizzazz....lol

SonnyThomas
03-29-2011, 06:27 AM
I don't use any silencers on my bow strings. However, I have used Cat Whiskers and perfer them over string leaches. Virtually every string leach I know of "goes south" way before Cat Whiskers. About $12.00 for a pair of string leachs and $2.50 (including clamps) for Cat Whiskers? Low poundage bows make leaches last longer, but then the same could be said of Cat Whiskers.