PDA

View Full Version : Venison

rpalt1
03-29-2011, 04:04 PM
OK I know it's spring time but i am being optimistic for the fall. Whats everyone's favorite venison recipe?

Mine: venison cutlets breaded or Tidbits with mushrooms,onions,garlic,white wine put on top of egg noodles Yummmm!:cool:

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 04:09 PM
give me some back strap steaks and some ultimit steak rub,but first soysause,ginger,pinappel juice,garlic.mix and soak v steak for an hour or two,mayby.depending on your tast.then rub it dow with the steak rub,cook over a camp fire.no propain,char,just a good ol campfire...dam tasty...for the sides.baked potato,corn on the cob..all cook on the campfire

allso taste great with any meat you soak in it,has any one tryed this soak befor?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
OK I know it's spring time but i am being optimistic for the fall. Whats everyone's favorite venison recipe?

Mine: venison cutlets breaded or Tidbits with mushrooms,onions,garlic,white wine put on top of egg noodles Yummmm!:cool:
STOP! STOP! YOUR MAKING ME DROOL!!!!

HUTCH:cool:

Ehunter
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Well, I take ground venison, rinse it in cold water through a collander. (That removes the gamey taste) Then I brown it with some cinnamon until it's cooked through. Then I mix in a pasta sauce (Romano and Garlic is my favorite). Let that simmer for about 20 minutes. Add mozzarella and parmesan cheese, cook until melted in. Then I stuff that in manicotti shells, cover in the left-over sauce, cover and bake for about 45 minutes at 350. Uncover, and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the cheese just starts to brown.

NuttyNative
03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Plain & simple for me. Backstrap rolled in flour & fried, eggs, pancakes & gravy and I'm in heaven.

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 06:22 PM
:mad:.........

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 06:25 PM
:mad:.........

whats up with the angry face?

HawgEnvy
03-29-2011, 06:43 PM
no whitetails in Hawaii. I feel bad for the guy. Never having the taste of venny tenderloin wrapped in bacon,fried in butter,sauteed ONIONS and mushrooms,mashed taters w mushroom gravy,and my wifes homemade coleslaw and an icy coke to wash it all down.

yup. I feel so bad for what he's missin out on. He can't complain though. I wish I could hunt wild cattle. That would be a blast!

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 06:46 PM
no whitetails in Hawaii. I feel bad for the guy. Never having the taste of venny tenderloin wrapped in bacon,fried in butter,sauteed ONIONS and mushrooms,mashed taters w mushroom gravy,and my wifes homemade coleslaw and an icy coke to wash it all down.

yup. I feel so bad for what he's missin out on. He can't complain though. I wish I could hunt wild cattle. That would be a blast!

ahh i got it.yep that sucks..its a grass is greener on the other side type thing.well martinbowhunter come on out to oregon and i will have a good bit of deer waiting for ya.or you can come get one your self

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
ahh i got it.yep that sucks..its a grass is greener on the other side type thing.well martinbowhunter come on out to oregon and i will have a good bit of deer waiting for ya.or you can come get one your self

Or you could send me a sample! i'll trade you for some arrows? Serious

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Or you could send me a sample! i'll trade you for some arrows? Serious

can i really do tha.send wild game in the mail.i would do it for free,thats the kind of guy i am.im sure i will hunt this year even if its just for deer.it wont kill me to miss out on elk for one year.but if it is legal to send meat through the mail then when(or if) i get my deer this year i will send you a back strap or a cut of your choice,you have my word on it and im a man of my word.im the only one in my house who eats it.huntin seson for me is not till last day of september then goes through aug 27.

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 07:49 PM

You my friend, are a mean,mean man! Shame on you for making that sound so darn good. This face is for you------------>:mad:........................:p

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
can i really do tha.send wild game in the mail.i would do it for free,thats the kind of guy i am.im sure i will hunt this year even if its just for deer.it wont kill me to miss out on elk for one year.but if it is legal to send meat through the mail then when(or if) i get my deer this year i will send you a back strap or a cut of your choice,you have my word on it and im a man of my word.im the only one in my house who eats it.huntin seson for me is not till last day of september then goes through aug 27.

I really have no idea if that's legal. But if it is, you sir, have a deal.

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
I really have no idea if that's legal. But if it is, you sir, have a deal.

you pay s&h,let me know what cut you want.i will pack in dryice and ship on out.like i said its still 4 or 5 moths till the seson is here.i will do some research and see if i can even ship it out.see if you can recieve it on your end and we will get some deer out your way.and any cut or cuts you want.we have time to get it all hashd out.

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Sound's like a plan, i'll find out what's up with my end.

NuttyNative
03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
If it's whitetail you are in for a real treat. I prefer it over mule deer. Normally just steak the back straps on muley's and jerky the rest.

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
If it's whitetail you are in for a real treat. I prefer it over mule deer. Normally just steak the back straps on muley's and jerky the rest.

white tail indeed.and i make jereky out of everything i dont steak up.i dont do burger,sausage its steaks and jerky

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Ok that's it! I'm a sucker for jerky. Who makes the best? BTW, i am hating all of you guy's at the moment..............:p

NuttyNative
03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
My jerky brine is 1 cup salt, 1 large bottle Tobasco sauce, 1 small can of black pepper, 1/4 can Cayenne pepper, 1 cup brown sugar. Soak the meat at least one hour, two if you like it hotter. Place on drying rack, cover with cloth tarp, stoke fire with green alder, turn as needed. I keep the meat 2 1/2 feet from the fire so it's mostly smoke. My rack will hold two large mule deer. Takes between 6 and 8 hours.
When it's done the meat has so much smoke that it's sticky to the touch. I also put all the bones on for soup bases. Just leave a little more meat on them than you would boning one out. The neck is my favorite, so many little tid bits in there. :)

HawgEnvy
03-30-2011, 02:46 AM
You my friend, are a mean,mean man! Shame on you for making that sound so darn good. This face is for you------------>:mad:........................:p

lol. I couldn't resist. Don't worry,Bro. One of us will get ya hooked up.

Money Man
03-30-2011, 03:24 AM
Best venison recipe I ever tried came from field and stream a few years back. It was blackened venison steaks with a red wine-black pepper syrup and bacon mashed turnips. It called for cane syrup, but I used maple instead. YUMMM!

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Best venison recipe I ever tried came from field and stream a few years back. It was blackened venison steaks with a red wine-black pepper syrup and bacon mashed turnips. It called for cane syrup, but I used maple instead. YUMMM!

im saving that one..anything cooked with syrup is an A+ in my book

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Ok that's it! I'm a sucker for jerky. Who makes the best? BTW, i am hating all of you guy's at the moment..............:p

i like honeyglazed with hony fresh from the hive on my wifes farm.and no i wont sare that recipe its a secret;)

Simple Life
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Nothing fancy here-just a big old moose steak thrown on the BBQ,with a cold beer:D
YUMMMMMY

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Nothing fancy here-just a big old moose steak thrown on the BBQ,with a cold beer:D
YUMMMMMY

moose is a steak ive been wanting to try.how gamey is it,im not a fan of the gamey taste.thats whay i have my stak soak and then rub

Simple Life
03-30-2011, 12:59 PM
moose is a steak ive been wanting to try.how gamey is it,im not a fan of the gamey taste.thats whay i have my stak soak and then rub

Really does not have that gamey taste,almost like beef(except better).I have fed friends who can't stand deer meat ,moose and they love it.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Any wild game will taste gamey if not prepared right. I have had deer in a few homes that I wish I didn't.LOL Rinse it well and a good recipe and your good to go. And in most cases like SL said a BBQ and your all set.

Hutch:cool: