PDA

View Full Version : fletchings.what do you like

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
i got vane tec on my gt.im gettin down there on arrows and if i can aford it i will need to get 6 more for hunting this year,well if i can afford that to(got some of my med bills in today not good).so i was wanting to know what yall use,what yall recomend.just looking for some first hand knowledge.im for sure sticking with my arrows,i like them

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Blazers! All the way. What's your arrow lenth? I got some GT 5575 that i no longer use. Still in very good condition and fletched. LMK. Oh yeah and the arrows are camo

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
im cut to 27.75 and i shoot the 75-95.i still have 8 left and 4 of my junk arrows.but i seam to be looseing them on the 3d course i shoot.if i stillhave 4 by the time hunting comes around then im good to go.or i will ask my well off hunting partner to float the bill this year:D

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 07:54 PM
im cut to 27.75 and i shoot the 75-95.i still have 8 left and 4 of my junk arrows.but i seam to be looseing them on the 3d course i shoot.if i stillhave 4 by the time hunting comes around then im good to go.or i will ask my well off hunting partner to float the bill this year:D

Lol. May i barrow your hunting partner? And yeah i also switched to 7595 which is why i have the extra 5575.

SonnyThomas
03-29-2011, 07:59 PM
I've went through a lot of different brands, makes and styles, but have settled on Bohning vanes for everything. I have 4" vanes set to 5 degrees on my hunting arrows - ain't refletching until I have to. If you have the clearance Blazers just flat get the job done whether of mechanical or fixed broadheads and whether a slight offset or full helical. They are a few vanes comparable to the Blazers that are darn good. If not for Blazers I'd go with the NAP 2" Twister.

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Lol. May i barrow your hunting partner? And yeah i also switched to 7595 which is why i have the extra 5575.

sure.ive known the guy for years.he started at a pizza place,now hes a welder fab guy,no real bills,does not spend his money.looks like he does not have a dime to his name.but if i ask he will loan me the 100 to get my hunters licence,deer and elk tag.

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
I've went through a lot of different brands, makes and styles, but have settled on Bohning vanes for everything. I have 4" vanes set to 5 degrees on my hunting arrows - ain't refletching until I have to. If you have the clearance Blazers just flat get the job done whether of mechanical or fixed broadheads and whether a slight offset or full helical. They are a few vanes comparable to the Blazers that are darn good. If not for Blazers I'd go with the NAP 2" Twister.

Those NAP twisters are to exspensive for me.

martinbowhunter
03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
sure.ive known the guy for years.he started at a pizza place,now hes a welder fab guy,no real bills,does not spend his money.looks like he does not have a dime to his name.but if i ask he will loan me the 100 to get my hunters licence,deer and elk tag.

You have to pay for tag's? over hear as long as your a licenced hunter you get all the tag's for free. Turkey,mouflan sheep,goat.

gravedigger
03-29-2011, 08:21 PM
You have to pay for tag's? over hear as long as your a licenced hunter you get all the tag's for free. Turkey,mouflan sheep,goat.

ye check it out

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/agency/budget/docs/Post_Legislation_Final_Fees.pdf

NuttyNative
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Blazers! All the way.

X2 on the Blazers. I tried the 3" fusions and consistantly flew high and right. Did not want to resight just to shoot 6 arrows, just had to try them.

leeindy
03-30-2011, 01:50 AM
blazers rock but you do need a hair of extra clearance. not to add more confusion bit the only way ive shot them is straight fletched. whats the difference with offset and helical. and does it work?

HawgEnvy
03-30-2011, 02:57 AM

sheep?goat?wild cattle? That's awesome! Are the whitetails pretty good size over there?:p

I was shooting 4" feathers w tight right helicle. Then I tried Blazers and Quickspin vanes. I won't use another feather.

HawgEnvy
03-30-2011, 03:21 AM
blazers rock but you do need a hair of extra clearance. not to add more confusion bit the only way ive shot them is straight fletched. whats the difference with offset and helical. and does it work?

oops! Meant to answer this. Offset is pretty much at an angle. Straight vanes @ 12 o'clock, offset @ 1 o'clock is the best I can describe it. Helicle(most use right,but can do left. Left just spins the arrow the opposite direction and likes to unscrew the field points as it hits the target)has a noticeable twist to the vanes. "rifled" like a bullet,same principle applies.the helical twist in the vanes stabilizes the arrow quicker. More twist,better broadhead flight. IMO,its not a noticeable diff for field points. It doesn't cost any more/less to have your arrows fletched helical than it does straight,so if you shoot broadheads at all,go helical

RLW
03-30-2011, 04:37 AM
(3) Flex Fletch FFP-360 (3.6") right helical, w/a couple degrees extra offset.

I used AAE 4" vanes for many years, but they changed, much stiffer and heavier now, so at the suggestion of a friend of mine, who has tested about every type out there and who's background and experience I respect, finally decided to try the Flex-Fletch vane.

They're quiet, provide excellent control and appear to be very durable...........pretty sure I've found my new all time favorite vanes in this.

Another friend on mine also tried these a little over a year ago and has switched all his hunting arrows over from Blazers.

SonnyThomas
03-30-2011, 04:58 AM
Present Blazers on shop wall - 100 pack - $14.99 + tax
Present Twisters on shop wall - 100 pack - $13.99 + tax

rdmwc
03-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Any one use those FOB things?

HawgEnvy
03-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Any one use those FOB things?

they're supposed to fly pretty good from the reviews I've read,but haven't shot them personally. I also have read that some set-up have clearance issues. Idk. I'm to much of a skeptic to try them. Took me a bit to warm up to the idea of Blazers,so I'm got shoot those for awhile.

Ehunter
03-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Been using the 2 inch Quick Spins, and they do control a broadhead well. Slight right helical on them. I have noticed they tend to make more noise than most fletchings, so I've started using the 3" Fusion vanes. So far, they seem to be every bit as good as the Quick Spins, and far quieter. Not to mention, the arrows seem to hold their speed a little better at longer distances with the Fusions.

Arrow Splitter
03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Blazers.:cool:http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2034&d=1295465517

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
looking like blazers are taking the lead

Simple Life
03-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Blazers;)

SL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers
Oh did I mention Blazers!!!!!!

Hutch:cool:

Simple Life
03-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers Blazers

Hutch-What are trying to say?:rolleyes:

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
im not to sur waht your getting at hutch,could you be a bit more clear on what your trying to say.im thin you want me to try fob's but im just not sure.maybe BLAZERS.hmmmmmmmm could that be it.

BLAZERS are in the #1 spot as far as i can tell:p:D

gibson 787
03-30-2011, 01:11 PM
i got vane tec on my gt.im gettin down there on arrows and if i can aford it i will need to get 6 more for hunting this year,well if i can afford that to(got some of my med bills in today not good).so i was wanting to know what yall use,what yall recomend.just looking for some first hand knowledge.im for sure sticking with my arrows,i like them

2" Rayzr's (feathers) for my compound shafts and 4 and 5" feathers for my recurves and longbows. In my book feathers are best. In really wet conditions I will use Blazers (vanes)

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 02:11 PM
2" Rayzr's (feathers) for my compound shafts and 4 and 5" feathers for my recurves and longbows. In my book feathers are best. In really wet conditions I will use Blazers (vanes)

i live in oregon so i have to assume that even on a nice day its going to rain.i have thought about feathers but the conditions out here wont permit it.lol:D

Skbengal
03-30-2011, 02:44 PM
I use blazers but I also use a WB.

justin
03-30-2011, 03:21 PM
ive been shooting blazers, fusions and raysors, all 2in and the feathers are a lil noisy but they all fly well.... feathers are much more forgiving to terrible mistakes though!!!!

HawgEnvy
03-30-2011, 04:24 PM
BBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEERRRS
and Harvest Time Archery HT-2's :D

Spiker
03-30-2011, 04:34 PM
I would duct tape doritos onto my arrows before I shot fobs.

jest me tho...

Speedykills
03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
blazers...................

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-30-2011, 04:41 PM
blazers...................
Now that's funny Speedykills

HawgEnvy
03-30-2011, 04:49 PM
did that pic post? i cant see it? try again!2292
B L A Z E R S

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 04:54 PM
did that pic post? i cant see it? try again!2292
B L A Z E R S

yep you got them up...so i taking it blazers huh.

SonnyThomas
03-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Note: Bohning did not have the name on their vanes until NAP Twisters became more available and at the same and sometimes lower cost. Green vanes.

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 06:12 PM
moneyman sent me this and i found it to be some decent infoon a few types of vanes and flight ..thanks moneyman for the link

http://archeryreport.com/2009/10/fletching-review-speed-drop/

Rangerj
03-30-2011, 06:59 PM

I agree with Hutch :cool:

Rockyhud
03-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Up until last fall I was using Blazers. I then tried 2.1" Fusions and they flew every bit as good. Then a friend told me about his experience with Bi-Delta Sharkstooth vanes so I tried some - the 2.5" version. I discovered they stabilized my arrows just as well as the former vanes. What really made me a convert to these vanes happened when I shot all three in very windy conditions at 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards. They all shot well out to 30 yards but the results changed from 40 and 50 yards. The Blazers showed they were much more affected by cross winds than Fusions and Bi-Deltas, drifting to the right of the aim point between 6-10 inches at 50 yards, where as the Fusions and Bi-Deltas were hitting much closer to point of aim. That, and the fact the 2.5" Sharkstooth weighs only 4.5 grain (.5 grains less than Blazer and almost half the weight of Fusion) did it for me. Simply put they stabilize my arrows in any kind of winds I would be willing to shoot at game and their low weight help achieve high FOC which also helps flight and grouping. Fletched helical they essentially produce two sets of steering vanes which you can see when you look down the shaft.

martinbowhunter
03-31-2011, 03:21 AM
[QUOTE=HawgEnvy;44314]sheep?goat?wild cattle? That's awesome! Are the whitetails pretty good size over there?:p

LOL. now that's just cruel :mad: And nope, there so small there invisible :p

martinbowhunter
03-31-2011, 03:29 AM
I would duct tape doritos onto my arrows before I shot fobs.

jest me tho...

Lol. why is that? Theres only two reason's i don't shoot FOB's. Number one being the noise, the are probably the loudest fletch out. Number two being, when you get a pass through, they don't aid in damage, they just pop off. atleast with blazers they help to open the wound more on a pass through there for more BLOOD.

minnie
03-31-2011, 04:51 AM
2.5" feathers. all good with the shoot through cables and fingers

bowhntr
03-31-2011, 05:02 PM
currently using blazers but in the process of switching to 3 in. fuzions