PDA

View Full Version : uncle ted and his martin

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 07:33 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NuttyNative
03-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Ya gotta love uncle Ted. Been into his music since I was a kid. The wife & I like to watch his show, Spirit of the Wild, just to see what he's gonna say next ;).

gravedigger
03-30-2011, 07:49 PM
i got a kick out of this,guy is allways trying to make a buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOq84IYRHr8&feature=related

NuttyNative
03-30-2011, 07:53 PM
The mystical flight of the arrow............ Boy, ain't that the truth.

HawgEnvy
03-30-2011, 08:46 PM
tedly uses way to many adjectives. It drives me nuts. Good hunter though.

NuttyNative
03-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Love him or hate him, he is one very educated man that's very passionate in his beliefs. I've seen some political interviews where his fast and polite answers leave them puzzled. Like many I agree with some of his views and don't with others.

SonnyThomas
03-31-2011, 05:33 AM
Well, Ted Nugent isn't my uncle and I don't have to like him one bit. For you that don't remember or don't know, there was this merger back in 2005. The NFAA and TNUSA merged. With the merger I felt we NFAA members got raked over the coals. I still do. Our membership fees raised, Ted's brats got free membership with the merger, he virtually had took over Archery magazine (taking some 5 to 7 pages every month - once 9 pages), and we got this silly azzed hunter insurance. I was then on the Illinois Archery Association Board and got assigned over some bowhunter event, which never came to be. I met with one of his "Generals," Larry P. Great guy. So as the year progressed Larry and I waited and waited and waited and nothing came. Later, with no notification we found the merger had gone South. So us NFAA members were stuck with a membership price hike and took another the next year and the last I heard the Hunter insurance is still in effect. Here's my take on the hunter insurance, as relayed to us NFAA members in our yearly Convention; First, it was said to be free. Yeah, right and what was the price hike for? Said; "What the insurance is good for is if you some tractor tire of the farm you are hunting the insurance will pay for it. Another example; "Say you shoot this farmer's cow. The insurance pays for the cow."
I got it this way; If I'm stupid enough to shoot some farmer's tractor tire or cow then I should pay for it.
Though no longer a Board member, though no longer with the NFAA I still have, if not anger, then mistrust of both sides over the whole dang thing.

gravedigger
03-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Well, Ted Nugent isn't my uncle and I don't have to like him one bit. For you that don't remember or don't know, there was this merger back in 2005. The NFAA and TNUSA merged. With the merger I felt we NFAA members got raked over the coals. I still do. Our membership fees raised, Ted's brats got free membership with the merger, he virtually had took over Archery magazine (taking some 5 to 7 pages every month - once 9 pages), and we got this silly azzed hunter insurance. I was then on the Illinois Archery Association Board and got assigned over some bowhunter event, which never came to be. I met with one of his "Generals," Larry P. Great guy. So as the year progressed Larry and I waited and waited and waited and nothing came. Later, with no notification we found the merger had gone South. So us NFAA members were stuck with a membership price hike and took another the next year and the last I heard the Hunter insurance is still in effect. Here's my take on the hunter insurance, as relayed to us NFAA members in our yearly Convention; First, it was said to be free. Yeah, right and what was the price hike for? Said; "What the insurance is good for is if you some tractor tire of the farm you are hunting the insurance will pay for it. Another example; "Say you shoot this farmer's cow. The insurance pays for the cow."
I got it this way; If I'm stupid enough to shoot some farmer's tractor tire or cow then I should pay for it.
Though no longer a Board member, though no longer with the NFAA I still have, if not anger, then mistrust of both sides over the whole dang thing.

i did not know people had to pay hunters insurance.thats a bit of bs.if a guy goes somthing stupid on a hunt then its like you said pay for it.i dont belong to any clubs or anything like that and i never will.im not going to pay more then i have to to play.i posted these to show martin is out there and being used by people of more then a regular stature.i dont get into the politics of things nor will i.take it as you will and to each his own

bfisher
03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
tedly uses way to many adjectives. It drives me nuts. Good hunter though.

I agree. He talks like he lives in another world. Of course with his money he sure doesn't live in the one the rest of us do. Bear in mind that he is similar to many pro shooters in that he gets his equipment fro free so will naturally endorse it. I know he does a lot of good for the hunting community, but frankly he doesn't speak the English language the way I was taught. Half the time I don't know what he's talking about so I don't pay any attention to him.

Ehunter
03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm with Sonny and Barry on this one. I posted a nice long rant about it twice, but both times, I got logged out when I tried to post the reply. lol Ted is just one part of the problem. The industry as a whole (Shooting sports) needs revamped. Get rid of the stupid slogans that make us all sound like poachers and slobs. Make all hunting shows stick to strict guidelines about gun SAFETY. Rule #1 Treat EVERY gun as if it were loaded. Quit shooting bows and guns right past a camera. WE know they are mounted on a stand, but alot of people think they are shoulder held cameras. Do what we can to promote the safety and responsible actions of the majority of us, not just what the loudmouths say and do. Ok, that's my shortened rant. Hope everyone still tolerates me now. lol

gravedigger
03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
i did not post this saying ted is the what archery is about.i was not trying to make a statment.it was just to show someone other then the avarage american is a martin shooter.if this thread is going to bring out the worst about a shooter then by all mean have barry put a lock on it,shut it down,if i could i would.i dont pay dues t a club or anyof that nonsince.i go to the woods and shoot.thisthread seams to have been a bad idea.

Feathers
03-31-2011, 07:03 PM
I like Ted. Long live the beast.

whman
04-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Hey gravediggermtv,
Don't feel badly about posting the links.....I think we understand what you meant. I believe that you simply hit a few raw nerves at the very mention of Ted's name. I really don't believe that the responses are aimed at you...they're aimed at Ted. Very often, though, the messanger get's shot.
Hope that you heal up quickly from (I believe) a broken jaw.

SonnyThomas
04-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Like whman said, I wasn't "shooting" at you, gravedigger. Just have issues with Ted and it boiled over. I apologize.....

Ehunter
04-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Grave, I hope there wasn't any misunderstanding. NOTHING I ranted about was meant towards you personally. Hope you didn't think anything was. Hope you have a speedy recovery, and get back to shooting soon!

bfisher
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm also with Sonny and the guys that did not intend to make you feel that you were the target of our negative posts. And at this point I don't feel a need to lock the thread.

You made your statement about Ted N and others responded with some of their own personal feelings. That doesn't make anybody right or wrong. It just means we can agree to disagree and respect each other's feelings. It's one way of learning how others think and feel and who knows, maybe we learn other things along the way.

NuttyNative
04-01-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm also with Sonny and the guys that did not intend to make you feel that you were the target of our negative posts. And at this point I don't feel a need to lock the thread.

You made your statement about Ted N and others responded with some of their own personal feelings. That doesn't make anybody right or wrong. It just means we can agree to disagree and respect each other's feelings. It's one way of learning how others think and feel and who knows, maybe we learn other things along the way.

Well put Mr. Fisher.