PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizer - On Order

coyotekiller82
03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Well, after a couple of days of researching a new stabilizer for my Silencer, I've decided on a Smooth Stability 12" SLR Stabilizer in Skulz Camo to match my bow. Now I just have to wait for it to get here....

Anyone on here have any experience with the 12" SLR?? From any of the reviews I've seen on AT, they seem like a good stab!

CK82

gravedigger
03-31-2011, 12:20 PM
i do not use a stabelizer.never seen the point of having somthing sticking off the front of my bow.and it grabs stuff when walking in the woods.dont need the extra weight.but i hope it works out for you.

Ehunter
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
I've never tried that long of a stab. Mine are all for hunting purposes, and I keep them at 7 inches or under. I do use them on every bow though. Just seems to "tame" the shot a bit, and balance the bow better.

justin
03-31-2011, 07:50 PM
i prefer the dead feeling in my aftershot. without a stabilizer the shock might not be bad but it just feels right shooting a dead bow

madlaz
04-01-2011, 05:32 AM
You can actualy order the ss stab in any lenght you want but the 12 works the best your arrows stick out more than 12"

coyotekiller82
04-01-2011, 07:05 AM
I've never tried that long of a stab. Mine are all for hunting purposes, and I keep them at 7 inches or under. I do use them on every bow though. Just seems to "tame" the shot a bit, and balance the bow better.

My sentiments exactly...guess I shoulda mentioned this stab will mostly be used for 3D shoots. I do have a short 6" Limbsaver I use while hunting.

Was out shooting last night since it was actually above freezing for once and was doing pretty well at 60 yards! I was dropping 'em in there consistently at around a 4-5" group. Hope the new stab will shrink 'em a bit more!

jandjfab
04-01-2011, 02:09 PM
just wondering how you like your silencer.I shoot a saber now but im thinking about ordering a silencer.I was out of archery for about 15 years and just got back in to it this year having alot of fun shooting 3d tourneys now.

coyotekiller82
04-04-2011, 05:27 AM
just wondering how you like your silencer.I shoot a saber now but im thinking about ordering a silencer.I was out of archery for about 15 years and just got back in to it this year having alot of fun shooting 3d tourneys now.

Don't really think you could go wrong if you did buy a silencer...I love mine! Simple as that :cool:

HawgEnvy
04-04-2011, 08:43 AM
RULEBREAKERS! Where's the pics? The longest stab I've used is an 8" NAP shockblocker. It worked well, but I never shoot ranges beyond 45yds. The shorter vibe reducing stabilizers is what shoot now just to suck up the minor riser vibes. I use the 4" Sims S-coil on the Cheetah,and a 6" vibracheck on the Athens.