PDA

View Full Version : Stone mountain strings

whman
04-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Hey Guys,
I have the original strings still on my '09 Warthog....I believe that they are Stone Mountain strings. I was under the impression that they were a top of the line string, but am I incorrect, and would I be better off with something else?
Thanks for any info.......shoot straight!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey Guys,
I have the original strings still on my '09 Warthog....I believe that they are Stone Mountain strings. I was under the impression that they were a top of the line string, but am I incorrect, and would I be better off with something else?
Thanks for any info.......shoot straight!
I know that martin had a few problems with strings. But I know that they don't now. They have changed builders. I also build strings as well as a few others on this forum. We all could tell you that a custom string is the best way to go. As far as Stone Mountain I have not used them but their are a few on here that have. I am sure that they will pipe in.

Hutch:cool:

archerx7
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
The 09 Pro Series line including the Warthog had Double Helix Elite strings. I don't think Martin used the Stone Mountain Dakotas untill 2010. The Dakotas were good strings, the serving left a bit to be desired, but they held up fairly well.

SonnyThomas
04-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Nothing wrong with Stone Mountain/Dakota strings. I believe I reserved the center serving. Still, I had some 15,000 plus shots on the strings when I was given a another brand to try out. That's right at 42 shots per day for a year.