PDA

View Full Version : My firecat tr1 blew top limb..................

Speedykills
04-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Did i get you ...............APRIL Fools...............................:)

martinbowhunter
04-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Yeah you got me.......lol

MLN1963
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Me too! Jerk! :cool:;):rolleyes::D

whman
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Got me too....to those of us who have blown multiple limbs, that one was more scary than funny.

Lung Buster
04-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Got me!!! Glad you were joking wasn't happy to see another limb problem!:rolleyes:

nhac.central
04-02-2011, 08:58 AM
In December last year (2010) the top limb on my five month old Firecat blew followed two days later by the limbs on my seven month old Cheetah!!!! Four months later and I am still waitng to have them replaced!!!!!!!! "The fastest and most accurate bows in the world" Yeah I would agree with that, but I think they should add to that "But the most slowest customer service in the world". I'm not the only one to still be waiting I have heard from dozens with the same problem.. If you live in the UK think twice about buying a Martin Bow, because good as they are the aftersales service is crap!

nhac.central
04-02-2011, 09:04 AM
In December last year (2010) the top limb on my five month old Firecat blew followed two days later by the limbs on my seven month old Cheetah!!!! Four months later and I am still waitng to have them replaced!!!!!!!! "The fastest and most accurate bows in the world" Yeah I would agree with that, but I think they should add to that "But the most slowest customer service in the world". I'm not the only one to still be waiting I have heard from dozens with the same problem.. If you live in the UK think twice about buying a Martin Bow, because good as they are the aftersales service is crap!

I still love the bows ........when they work that is!

Speedykills
04-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Thats to bad guys,but martin will take care of it.They are some nice bows though.

bfisher
04-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Are you working this warranty thing through a dealer? If so maybe you need to talk him into contacting Martin---again. Maybe the order has fallen through the cracks and Martin needs to be reminded. Normally, if parts are in stock, this is where Martin shines.

This is just an estimate on my part, but it usually takes about 1 week for me to get parts and I live on the east coast of the US. That's with UPS ground service. I would think that another week might be acceptable to get to the UK. It's also possible that Martin already shipped the parts and they got lost in shipment. I've had this happen, too.

nhac.central
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Are you working this warranty thing through a dealer? If so maybe you need to talk him into contacting Martin---again. Maybe the order has fallen through the cracks and Martin needs to be reminded. Normally, if parts are in stock, this is where Martin shines.

This is just an estimate on my part, but it usually takes about 1 week for me to get parts and I live on the east coast of the US. That's with UPS ground service. I would think that another week might be acceptable to get to the UK. It's also possible that Martin already shipped the parts and they got lost in shipment. I've had this happen, too.

Yes I'm doing the warranty through a dealer (Bowsports) here in the UK. They tell me that they have been emailing and phoning Martin's two or three time a week since December and zilch, nada, nothing!!! They have a number of Martin bows awaiting parts for equally as long. Shame, cos their bows are brilliant but their service is utter pap! I order quite a bit of gear from various companies the US and only have had to wait a fortnight at the most, so it's obviously a Martin shortcoming.

gravedigger
04-04-2011, 12:06 PM
call martin your self and see what the hold up is.or is your dealer really on the ball like he said he is.by the way whats a fortnight,like a week a month..

Arrow Splitter
04-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes I'm doing the warranty through a dealer (Bowsports) here in the UK. They tell me that they have been emailing and phoning Martin's two or three time a week since December and zilch, nada, nothing!!! They have a number of Martin bows awaiting parts for equally as long. Shame, cos their bows are brilliant but their service is utter pap! I order quite a bit of gear from various companies the US and only have had to wait a fortnight at the most, so it's obviously a Martin shortcoming.

Martin tends to respond faster when the customer calls them.