04-03-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcNY2t0h-HE
I don't think it is.

Hutch:cool:

SonnyThomas
04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Dial up here, but watched part of it.

Practice, practice, practice.

And then the secret of the trick; The bean or pea thing is how wide? The arrow is how wide? Margin of "helping error" is half the bean or pea plus twice the width of the arrow.

Shooting strings with a pistol was deemed quite the feat, but then string is just thick enough to see, say .015", and a .22 bullet is .224" in diameter. The bullet is some 15 times thicker plus either given the other side of the string is another .224". So .448" of bullet (error aiming) to nail the sucker. And then some trick shots used .45 Colts. Old .45 Colts had larger diameters, .455 to .458" and today's are .452". So lots of room for error. Bob M. regularly cuts a play card in half with his .45s.

Ehunter
04-03-2011, 12:31 PM
If you think about it, the overall target is about 1 inch I'd guess. (Counting arrow and object width). If it's a 30 yard shot like they say, it looks plenty possible to me. Even if it's smaller than that, think about how many X's target shooters hit. I'd say it's real.

SonnyThomas
04-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Yes, possible. When we are playing around at the shop we take a felt marker and make one dab on a white back ground and shot for it from 20 yards. You'd be surprised how times it gets hit. We have shot at a mark big enough to see from 30 yards - quite a bit harder, but ever so often, whap.

Buggles
04-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Looks like he was lucky when the arrow went inside the other arrow, if that was a continuous footage sequence, the arrow clipped his sight on the way through.

Not saying I'd love to be that accurate to hit all those targets at those distances.

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Looks real enought to me . He is awesome and in Korea, China and Japan they take Archery extremely Serious . Big money sponsors there too.

ElkSlayer
04-04-2011, 08:48 AM
China and Japan they take Archery extremely Serious . Big money sponsors there too.

Yep... That is a fact & as Sonny said "Practice, practice, practice." you can do alot if you do the Practice, practice, practice day in an out as he has done.
re check that video take a look at the form recurve at its best...

alex
04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
It's real. I can also do it, but i don't want to ...... ;) :D