PDA

View Full Version : HELP me !

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 07:18 AM
I need help with the markings on my Martin Jaguar MAg. markings on the Fusion Cam . Can Anyone help me ? I am trying to find out how to shorten the draw length. I have looked up many sites about it but its just so confusing. Pase some one help me .

gravedigger
04-04-2011, 07:23 AM
welcome to the forum.i dont know much about your bow,but i just wanted to let you know there are people on here that WILL get you to ware you need to be.dont get discouraged im sure they will be on in a bit.if you can post some pics of what your wanting to know about so you can be better helpd.tell everything about your bow

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Well I shoot a 2005 Martin Jaguar Magnum, Draw 29 ( I think ), # 51 lbs, Replaced Shooting string and cable to a Zebra Shooting String, Carbon Express arrows, 100gr. tips.

If you want to now anymore feel free to ask me I am willing to post anything needed or wanted to get help with my question and find out what I need to do to get my draw length shortened do i move the string or get a new cam ? I just need help is all.

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
welcome to the forum.i dont know much about your bow,but i just wanted to let you know there are people on here that WILL get you to ware you need to be.dont get discouraged im sure they will be on in a bit.if you can post some pics of what your wanting to know about so you can be better helpd.tell everything about your bow

Thanks for the welcome and I am sure they will get to me. I have patience. Thanks for the welcome ans I look forward to getting the help I need and give help I can to others .

HawgEnvy
04-04-2011, 07:48 AM
the fuzion cam uses modules to shorten/lengthen the draw length. You can get a full set of modules from Martin for less than $15 or you may get lucky and someone on here might have the module you need. What is your draw length set at now,and what does it need to be? On the module,there will be a designation such as "F5" which,I think,is 29" draw. But I don't remember for sure.

as was stated,pics of your cam and module will help. Once we get it all figured out,youll be cuttin' X's w the best of 'em. There are several guys on here shootin Jaguar Mags. Your in good hands. Stick around. Welcome to the forum.

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 08:03 AM
the fuzion cam uses modules to shorten/lengthen the draw length. You can get a full set of modules from Martin for less than $15 or you may get lucky and someone on here might have the module you need. What is your draw length set at now,and what does it need to be? On the module,there will be a designation such as "F5" which,I think,is 29" draw. But I don't remember for sure.

as was stated,pics of your cam and module will help. Once we get it all figured out,youll be cuttin' X's w the best of 'em. There are several guys on here shootin Jaguar Mags. Your in good hands. Stick around. Welcome to the forum.

My Cam has an Imoring on it that says F6 from what I see .

gravedigger
04-04-2011, 08:17 AM
My Cam has an Imoring on it that says F6 from what I see .

well just to give you an idea i use a f4 and i have a 28.5 dl.im trying to find the mod chart.its posted someware on the forum.it gives you the draw length to module number.they range from f-1 to f-7.and i think one of thouse modes are not for use and if i remember right its the f-6.i will do somemore looking and hopfuly someone will pop in will the right info.....what dl are you wanting to be at.

cjchasman
04-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi fellow Buckeye. The f6 appears to be 29" according to Martin. Try Martin archery website, go to tech info, at bottom of info click 2010 and older specs. I see fuzion listed at 2003. I believe the 1,2,3 pegs on cam are for fine tuning to the 1/2 inch after you find the correct module. F1=25, F2=26,F3=27,F4=28,NO F 5.. F6=29 and F7=30. This is listed for Jag Mag specifically. Again the chart shows 2003 not 2005 but I would guess the fuzion cam is the same.

Arrow Splitter
04-04-2011, 09:13 AM
F-1 f-2 f-3 f-4 f-5 f-6 f-7

25" 26" 27" 28" * 29" 30"

The Jaguar doesn't use the f-5 module.

Welcome to the Martin Tech forum.

A.S

Arrow Splitter
04-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi fellow Buckeye. The f6 appears to be 29" according to Martin. Try Martin archery website, go to tech info, at bottom of info click 2010 and older specs. I see fuzion listed at 2003. I believe the 1,2,3 pegs on cam are for fine tuning to the 1/2 inch after you find the correct module. F1=25, F2=26,F3=27,F4=28,NO F 5.. F6=29 and F7=30. This is listed for Jag Mag specifically. Again the chart shows 2003 not 2005 but I would guess the fuzion cam is the same.

You are correct. Peg 1 is a half-inch longer than what the module length is, and peg 3 is a half inch shorter than what the module length is. So right now, the bow has a draw length of 28 1/2".

A.S

Money Man
04-04-2011, 09:32 AM
You are correct. Peg 1 is a half-inch longer than what the module length is, and peg 3 is a half inch shorter than what the module length is. So right now, the bow has a draw length of 28 1/2".

A.S

If you have the F-6 module and are on the 3 peg, as AS stated your at 28 1/2". To shorten your DL, you need to go down in number on the module. I don't know how short you need to go, but since F-5 is not used, you will need an F-4 or F-3 depending on how short you want to go. If you do not have the module set that came with the bow when it was new, you could buy a set for a few bucks, trade with someone, or most shops should have a bunch of modules they could switch it for you. Good luck, and welcome to the forum. I have a 02 Cougar Mag with the Fuzion Cam.

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I need the Dl to be 27 - 27 1/2 Its what I need. So I am thinking i need the F4 module. from what i am reading yes ? And some one said that the modules are in a package ? Is this correct ?

Money Man
04-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes if you bought the bow new, you should have received all the modules. If you didn't or bought the bow used, you can buy a set (Martin website lists them at $13.33 for the set), you could find someone that has the module you need, or you could go to the shop and see if they have one to swap with you.

gravedigger
04-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I need the Dl to be 27 - 27 1/2 Its what I need. So I am thinking i need the F4 module. from what i am reading yes ? And some one said that the modules are in a package ? Is this correct ?

if you have a martin pro shop near or around you then take it ther,unless you want to do this you self that is.and the shop will teach you and probly do it for free if not just a few dollars.thats if you dont want to buy all the mods.

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes if you bought the bow new, you should have received all the modules. If you didn't or bought the bow used, you can buy a set (Martin website lists them at $13.33 for the set), you could find someone that has the module you need, or you could go to the shop and see if they have one to swap with you.

Where would I see if anoyone had the module I need ? Is there a swap shop here or something like that Or should I just post and ask for the module I need ?

gravedigger
04-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Where would I see if anoyone had the module I need ? Is there a swap shop here or something like that Or should I just post and ask for the module I need ?

post a thred and ask or if you have a martin shop near you call them and see if they will kick you down the mod you need,so you can do it your self

Money Man
04-04-2011, 09:57 AM
If you don't have a shop nearby, or do not get anywhere with a new thread, try the classifieds on Archery Talk if you are a member over there, or even on Ebay I have seen some modules. I don't know if you would have any luck at a Dick's or Cabela's but you could try there too.

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Awesome thanks alot !

archerx7
04-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I've got quite a few extra mods on hand here, let me know which one you need.
http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/chart/2003chart/f_zmod-string.html

The Fuzion cam was only made through 2003. 04-05 models would have had the Dyna cam.

Hit The X
04-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I've got quite a few extra mods on hand here, let me know which one you need.
http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/chart/2003chart/f_zmod-string.html

The Fuzion cam was only made through 2003. 04-05 models would have had the Dyna cam.

I need the f4 if i canelongate the dl ? How dose that work ? Its 27 in draw and i can make it bigger from there right ? Lets say 27 In Dl to 31 correct ? I am 5'4 inches tall so I might just ask you for the F3 and go from there. you can send me either the F3 or the
F4 if that is at all possible. I will pay for shipping if I have to. Let me know. Pm Me I will send you my address

Thanks alot

archerx7
04-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I need the f4 if i canelongate the dl ? How dose that work ? Its 27 in draw and i can make it bigger from there right ? Lets say 27 In Dl to 31 correct ? I am 5'4 inches tall so I might just ask you for the F3 and go from there. you can send me either the F3 or the
F4 if that is at all possible. I will pay for shipping if I have to. Let me know. Pm Me I will send you my address

Thanks alot

The #3 will be 27" and the #4 would be 28"

MLN1963
04-04-2011, 01:54 PM
How did you determine your draw length?

5'4" with a 27 or 27 1/2" draw length seems a little high doesn't it? :confused:

gravedigger
04-04-2011, 01:58 PM

5'4" with a 27 or 27 1/2" draw length seems a little high doesn't it? :confused:

kind of thought the same..im 5'11 and 28.5.but maybe he has long arms:confused:

Arrow Splitter
04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry Hit The X, I made a mistake. Archerx7 is right. I gave 2005 specs, not thinking that the Fuzion cam was not made in 2005.
Check the serial # on your limb sticker, and the first two digits will tell you your bow year.

A.S

bfisher
04-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Unless you have ape arms then 27" is pretty long. You could measure your wingspan to get a close approximation of what you shuld be shooting. Wingspan divided by 2.5

For instance, I'm 5'8" tall and have a wingspan that matches;
68" divided by 2.5= 27.2. For some reason my most accurate draw length comes out to 27 1/8" as measured on my bow. Pretty close if you ask me. It doesn't always work out that close for others and that a good reason to have a bow that is adjustable.

Hit The X
04-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Unless you have ape arms then 27" is pretty long. You could measure your wingspan to get a close approximation of what you shuld be shooting. Wingspan divided by 2.5

For instance, I'm 5'8" tall and have a wingspan that matches;
68" divided by 2.5= 27.2. For some reason my most accurate draw length comes out to 27 1/8" as measured on my bow. Pretty close if you ask me. It doesn't always work out that close for others and that a good reason to have a bow that is adjustable.

Let Me reassure you I do not have ape arms . Not in the least. I have checked and rechecked my draw length and that it is what it is . I have done ot the way you explained and the DL comes out short and hard to shoot.

Therre are alot of variables in DL like the length of the release, How you wear that relese, how big your hands are and finger length. Also the final resting point of your draw . ( where it feels good to you ) I was taught to shoot with an old LONG BOW so I use a rear draw and a late anchor point, to get as much power as I could out of the long bow. I have come to realize that using these technics are not for the newer Compound bows. Now but I still use every one of the same things I did whith a long bow so it makes my DL longer

I thank you for your consern and worry. But I assure you I did and am doing thimgs as I know how we are all human and do things differently. I do what works for me . And I am pretty good at it.At my 3D shoots I am pretty much one of the better shooters on the line. Hunting Well lets just say My freezer is not Lacking and never has since i started to hunt at the ripe ole age of 13 Years old.

Hit The X
04-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Sorry Hit The X, I made a mistake. Archerx7 is right. I gave 2005 specs, not thinking that the Fuzion cam was not made in 2005.
Check the serial # on your limb sticker, and the first two digits will tell you your bow year.

A.S

NP You put me on the right track and I found it .I appreciate your helpful post.

Arrow Splitter
04-05-2011, 07:23 AM
NP You put me on the right track and I found it .I appreciate your helpful post.

You're very welcome.:)

A.S

bfisher
04-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Hit the X,

As I said in my last sentence, using any of the various methods of measuring doesn't always work for everybody. We don't have the luxury of seeing you shoot or knowing your or others experience level so this was just a suggestion based on 4 decades of shooting compound bows. There was a time when I shot 28 3/8" draw and maybe I shrunk over the years, but I eventually got down to what fits me, not basedon some measurement but how much more accurate I am now and how steady the bow holds and aims. I have tried to extend back to 27 1/2", which I shot for some years, and find that I can't control the bow worth a hoot and that's only 3/8" longer than what works for me.

As I said, just a suggestion. I am aware that there are lots of variables. If what you are doing works for you then I'm not one to criticize.

Hit The X
04-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Hit the X,

As I said in my last sentence, using any of the various methods of measuring doesn't always work for everybody. We don't have the luxury of seeing you shoot or knowing your or others experience level so this was just a suggestion based on 4 decades of shooting compound bows. There was a time when I shot 28 3/8" draw and maybe I shrunk over the years, but I eventually got down to what fits me, not basedon some measurement but how much more accurate I am now and how steady the bow holds and aims. I have tried to extend back to 27 1/2", which I shot for some years, and find that I can't control the bow worth a hoot and that's only 3/8" longer than what works for me.

As I said, just a suggestion. I am aware that there are lots of variables. If what you are doing works for you then I'm not one to criticize.

I apologize if i misread or misunderstood your post I am not here to make waves or anythig like that at all.