PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Costs

spekwa66
04-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering if anybody knew the average shipping costs for a bow. I am wondering because I am selling a bow, and possibly looking for purchase another one. Any ideas?

Arrow Splitter
04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Approx. 18-25 dollars, depending what shipping service you use.

A.S

spekwa66
04-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Approx. 18-25 dollars, depending what shipping service you use.

A.S

Thanks a ton Arrow Splitter!

gravedigger
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering if anybody knew the average shipping costs for a bow. I am wondering because I am selling a bow, and possibly looking for purchase another one. Any ideas?

go to fedx and they have a moc up for shipping cost.just enter the weight and dimensions of pacage and zipcode to zipcode press finish and it will give you a;; prices for overnight,2day,5day and so on.i was just on it lastnight i think...heris the link link

https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en&locId=express

and here is ups
https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US

and usps
http://www.usps.com/prices/parcel-post-prices.htm

there you have it the 3 major shipping places.if you can get a price from one of these links,then you need to go to a store and ask

Ehunter
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
I shipped a bow from Kansas to Martin in Washington. UPS cost me $26.80

Arrow Splitter
04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks a ton Arrow Splitter!

No problem.:)

A.S

HawgEnvy
04-04-2011, 04:47 PM
WHAT? I got ripped off. When I traded my Hoyt to a guy in Colorodo for my Athens, it cost me $46 for USPS priority mail, but for the same service,the other guy only paid $22.

Arrow Splitter
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I got ripped off.

That's an understatement.:(

elkslayer4x5
04-05-2011, 07:00 AM

Oh, No, not the Cougar! I was almost ready to offer actual $$ for it, until my Bambi on ice imitation. And now the move up to Oregon has further chewed upon the ole bank account, but am still interested in that bow. :)
Shipping is around the mid 20's with UPS, with tracking and insurance.

spekwa66
04-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh, No, not the Cougar! I was almost ready to offer actual $$ for it, until my Bambi on ice imitation. And now the move up to Oregon has further chewed upon the ole bank account, but am still interested in that bow. :)
Shipping is around the mid 20's with UPS, with tracking and insurance.

I still have it, I am just trying to get all of my ducks in a row so that I have everything ready for the day that it might sell!

spekwa66
04-05-2011, 02:40 PM
It's nice to see that the move went well, and that you're recovering!! Good to see you back!

elkslayer4x5
04-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Not sure if I'd say well, but it did get done. Took forever to get every thing packed, every time I'd move a box, I'd find another 5 to load. Expences over double expected, seemed like that even the weather was ploting against us, starting with 40 mph coastal winds buffeting the vehicles. 5 miles north of Carberville on US 101 the Hwy was closed due a mud slide, resulting a 3 hour detour, and the heavy loads combined to turn an 8-9 hour drive into an all night hell ride. Left old place at 3:30 pm, and got here 9:30 am. Then the storage unit guy wasn't where he said he'd be, so another day of trailer rental while it sat in driveway. But at last now we're done for now, just in time for grandson's spring turkey opener this Saturday. :cool:

spekwa66
04-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Not sure if I'd say well, but it did get done. Took forever to get every thing packed, every time I'd move a box, I'd find another 5 to load. Expences over double expected, seemed like that even the weather was ploting against us, starting with 40 mph coastal winds buffeting the vehicles. 5 miles north of Carberville on US 101 the Hwy was closed due a mud slide, resulting a 3 hour detour, and the heavy loads combined to turn an 8-9 hour drive into an all night hell ride. Left old place at 3:30 pm, and got here 9:30 am. Then the storage unit guy wasn't where he said he'd be, so another day of trailer rental while it sat in driveway. But at last now we're done for now, just in time for grandson's spring turkey opener this Saturday. :cool:

Haha well at least it got done! The only thing I know about coastal winds is what I get when I ride the Harley on the East coast. :p It stinks that things weren't what you wanted them to be (never are) but they just had to give you hell one last time! I hope your grandson shoots a big gobbler! Ours starts the 18th, but I don't know if work will allow me to get out. :confused: I'll hit the fall though...

bigbob29
04-06-2011, 05:48 PM
HawgEnvy, seems like you did get ripped off big time. I have had bows shipped to Australia for that price, and once a LONGBOW [dont ask me how cause I dont know] for US $36! USPS is supposed to have a limit of 46'' or so long, so how they did it I dont know. From a distance it seems if they can get it into the system it just goes anyway, so it might be a case of who you know not what.