PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new Firecat

Simple Life
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Well got news my Firecat is in,but the bad news is the Buddy says the limbs are carbon fiber and was suppose to be Skulz.This was suppose to be all Skulz camo,kinda of don't know what to think,been almost 6 weeks and don't really want to send it back,hopefully the carbon won't look too bad.

SL

Arrow Splitter
04-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Well got news my Firecat is in,but the bad news is the Buddy says the limbs are carbon fiber and was suppose to be Skulz.This was suppose to be all Skulz camo,kinda of don't know what to think,been almost 6 weeks and don't really want to send it back,hopefully the carbon won't look too bad.

SL

That's too bad, but I think it will still look great.:cool:

A.S

NuttyNative
04-04-2011, 03:22 PM

SL

It would be hard for me to accept it. Yes, it might look ok but it's not what was ordered and paid for. I'd be on the phone to Joel and demand the QC dept be held accountable. This is a relatively small forum and this is the second bow that made it out the door with the wrong limbs on it.

martinbowhunter
04-04-2011, 03:25 PM
i think the carbon looks great. I just don't how it would look with the skullz camo riser? Do you have a pic? You know the "rules" lol

Simple Life
04-04-2011, 03:27 PM
It would be hard for me to accept it. Yes, it might look ok but it's not what was ordered and paid for. I'd be on the phone to Joel and demand the QC dept be held accountable. This is a relatively small forum and this is the second bow that made it out the door with the wrong limbs on it.

Thats what I don't understand,and I thought the carbon was last year and this year was hunter black color?Is carbon and hunter black the same?

Simple Life
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
i think the carbon looks great. I just don't how it would look with the skullz camo riser? Do you have a pic? You know the "rules" lol

Don't pick it up till Saturday,gonna be a long week:(.

martinbowhunter
04-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Don't pick it up till Saturday,gonna be a long week:(.

well that suck's! But the good news is, have your dealer call martin and explain the problem. Then martin can just send the new limb's to your dealer (which he should get in, in about a week from the time he makes the call?) and when he get's the limb's, he can put it on then give you a call to pick up your bow at no extra charge. I had the wrong limb's come in on a bow as well and my dealer got right on the phone and had my new limb's in, in less than a week and also put them on for me, free of charge.

Simple Life
04-04-2011, 03:45 PM
well that suck's! But the good news is, have your dealer call martin and explain the problem. Then martin can just send the new limb's to your dealer (which he should get in, in about a week from the time he makes the call?) and when he get's the limb's, he can put it on then give you a call to pick up your bow at no extra charge. I had the wrong limb's come in on a bow as well and my dealer got right on the phone and had my new limb's in, in less than a week and also put them on for me, free of charge.

Its kinda of funny,it was a toss between a black or camo bow,and I got both:rolleyes:
Talk to him Saturday and go from there I guess.

bfisher
04-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Thats what I don't understand,and I thought the carbon was last year and this year was hunter black color?Is carbon and hunter black the same?

last year was supposed be Hunter black, too, but it ended up with the carbon weave finish. It seems they had problems with the vendor doing the powder coating last year so got them dipped instead--carbon fiber being the result.

I really wanted a black bow and before ordering this year I had talked to people at both Rytera and Martin about it and they both said they didn't know which it would be. Obviously it is still the carbon weave. I knew when I ordered the bow it could be either so it's not an issue with me.

My Nemisis is the other bow being referred to about having the wrong limbs. I ordered a black riser and Bonz limbs. I got the carbon weave riser and NEXT camo limbs. Not a real big deal, but still not what was ordered, and considering that at least two people inspect the bows for details prior to shipment I'd say somebody must be blind. I did have a pretty lengthly discussion with Joel about this, not for my sake, but future orders.

martinbowhunter
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Its kinda of funny,it was a toss between a black or camo bow,and I got both:rolleyes:
Talk to him Saturday and go from there I guess.

Don't leave your camera home!

archerx7
04-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I've had one bow over the past 3 years come in not as ordered(wrong color limbs). I just let the customer take it as is and shoot it untill the correct limbs came in, then we swapped them out, Martin was fine with this as it was their mistake. I would suggest having your shop call and explain what happened and have them just order the correct limbs rather than send the bow back, at least this way you'll have your bow to shoot untill the correct limbs come in.

SonnyThomas
04-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Well, it seems QC is still lacking at Martin. Having ordered bows in the past I would rather wait for what I ordered than take something I didn't. So, I wouldn't accept the bow. If money down or already paid for, tell 'em you want what you ordered.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry to here that SL hope it goes well after this long wait.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
04-04-2011, 07:48 PM
buddy dont settel on good enough.go get the bow you orderd.after all if you asked for a baked potato and they sent you an onoin would you settel then,NO you would get your potato because onions are just wrong:D

HawgEnvy
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
buddy dont settel on good enough.go get the bow you orderd.after all if you asked for a baked potato and they sent you an onoin would you settel then,NO you would get your potato because onions are just wrong:D

complete lack of respect for onions. THAT is what's wrong. :mad::p

Arrow Splitter
04-05-2011, 05:31 AM
buddy dont settel on good enough.go get the bow you orderd.after all if you asked for a baked onion and they sent you an potato would you settel then,NO you would get your onion because potatoes are just wrong:D

It's good to see that after all this time, you're actually coming around GD and realizing onions aren't bad. I have to congratulate you on this.:cool::cool::p

elkslayer4x5
04-05-2011, 05:55 AM
After all this wait, pick up the bow Saturday, have your dealer order the correct limbs and in the meantime, shoot the h--l out of it. :cool:

Spiker
04-05-2011, 07:49 AM
You should get what you order but I gotta say that I had an all Skullz Nemesis and now have an Alien Z with Skullz riser and carbon limbs and I like the Skullz/Carbon a lot better.
I really wanted the Black riser with Skullz limbs but it wasnt available.

Ehunter
04-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I agree with everyone saying, take it, shoot it until you get the correct limbs in. If nothing else, you can get a good feel for the bow while waiting on the new limbs. The more often people settle for something that isn't right, the more often it's bound to happen.

gravedigger
04-05-2011, 11:27 AM
It's good to see that after all this time, you're actually coming around GD and realizing onions aren't bad. I have to congratulate you on this.:cool::cool::p

ok ok i will say that i do like onion rings if the from the dq.i will get back on topic now im sorry.yep take your bow and get the limbs.

bfisher
04-05-2011, 11:50 AM

Here we go with the onions again. Personally I'd keep the onion and still reorder the potato.

Simple Life
04-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks for all the input.Thought about it last night,and might keep it if it it looks good.I know some of you wouldn't except it,and I understand that,but I am pretty easy going,but if they would have sent my bow in Leaopard camo:mad:I might contact Joel after and let him know what has happened and hopefully he will let QC know and try to stop this from happening again to others.But on the good side

My Bow Is Finally Here!!

gravedigger
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
congrats to you....shoot it and shoot it well or not or just have fun,happy it came in

Speedykills
04-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Ya thats cool glad it was resolved,have fun.................:D

archerx7
04-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks for all the input.Thought about it last night,and might keep it if it it looks good.I know some of you wouldn't except it,and I understand that,but I am pretty easy going,but if they would have sent my bow in Leaopard camo:mad:I might contact Joel after and let him know what has happened and hopefully he will let QC know and try to stop this from happening again to others.But on the good side

My Bow Is Finally Here!!

Even if you do like the bow and accept it as its currently configured, you or your shop should still call and let customer service know what happened. People calling and reporting these things is the only way they know whats going on.

Money Man
04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Even if you do like the bow and accept it as its currently configured, you or your shop should still call and let customer service know what happened. People calling and reporting these things is the only way they know whats going on.

I agree that you should let them know even if you keep the bow as it is now. But most important I think, is that you should let them know that you know of this happening to someone else, so the problem still has not been fixed since Barry got his mixed up bow, and he called them too.

joelc
04-06-2011, 06:04 AM
The Black carbon finished limbs are standard on all Skullz camo bows. We do not dip the limbs in Skullz.

Simple Life
04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
The Black carbon finished limbs are standard on all Skullz camo bows. We do not dip the limbs in Skullz.

OK,but if you look online you pics shows the limbs in Skulz,Not trying to be an wise guy,but maybe you should changed the pic on the website that shows a Firecat 360 all in Skulz camo.

http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/firecat_360.php

martinbowhunter
04-06-2011, 12:36 PM

Come again?

Simple Life
04-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Come again?

My thoughts exactly

NuttyNative
04-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Directly off the Martin web site.

Firecat 400 / Nitro 2 - M-19CZ96

USD$ 599.99
Item is available.

QTY
DRAW WEIGHT
Choose a Draw Weight
50#
60#
70#
HAND
-Right
BOW COLOR
Choose a Bow Color
Next G1 Camo
Carbon Black (01) (+USD$ 35.00)
Bonz Camo (85) (+USD$ 35)
Skulz Camo (89) (+USD$ 35.00)

High performance, ultra speed, ultra smooth.
The Firecat 400 has all the features and is equipped with Nitro Hybrid Pro Cams, some of the fastest cams ever made. You want Big Speed? How about 335 fps speed that is smooth and accurate. The Firecat 400 is one rock solid hunting bow. Features such as the new TRG and SOS keep sounds soft and vibrations hushed. New PowerTough Limbs are standard because your workhorse demands reliability. Newly designed Nitro Hybrid Pro Cams draw incredibly smooth but deliver head-shaking speed. Aim steady, shoot without a sound, deliver your arrow with some attitude behind it. You’ll like shooting a Firecat 400… we promise.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Speed: 335-345 FPS (70#, 30”, 350 gr.)
Let-Off: 80% (adjustable)
Draw Weights: 50#, 60#, 70#
Draw Lengths: 27” to 30”
Brace Height: 7”
Weight: 3.7 lbs.
Axle Length: 32”

Nowhere does it say Black Carbon limbs are standard.

martinbowhunter
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
What year bow would you say this is?

Feathers
04-06-2011, 07:32 PM
OK,but if you look online you pics shows the limbs in Skulz,Not trying to be an wise guy,but maybe you should changed the pic on the website that shows a Firecat 360 all in Skulz camo.

http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/firecat_360.php

Maybe not so much on topic about the Skulz camo but relevant about the historical accuracy of the website. Here's my story....

The 2010 Martin website listed the Firecat TR1 as coming with Stone Mountain strings (played into my decision getting the Firecat because I had heard about problems with the Double Helix string). I ordered a TR1. Come to find out, the website was incorrect, and the catalog listed the Firecat with the Double Helix. I love the Firecat and have no regrets, but I was disappointed to find Double Helix strings on my new bow and that the website was inaccurate.

It sounds like you have a similar situation with the site not being accurate on every detail. I hope you get it sorted out to your liking.

wscywabbit
04-07-2011, 12:12 PM
A problem with the website would be one thing, but I have a 2011 catalog in my hand that shows a firecat 360 and an onza in full skulls camo, then a shadowcat, a ridge hunter and an exile in skulls camo/carbon limbs. No where can I find which is "standard", just says "available". Personally, if I were to order and had the choice, I would prefer the limbs dipped too.

Simple Life
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
2 more sleeps:D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-07-2011, 03:30 PM
That is if you do!:p Your just like a little kid.

Simple Life
04-07-2011, 03:41 PM
That is if you do!:p Your just like a little kid.

Just like Christmas