PDA

View Full Version : Which side bars for ShadowCat?

buckhunt
04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I have final got my 2011 ShadowCat working well after the help of many of you on here! I shot a lot of spots and field with it. I am still having issues with the stabilization. I was wondering what kind of side bar or v-bar set ups everyone is shooting?

SonnyThomas
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Not sure that I can help you, but have a formula. I do have a PDF that is extensive. Won't load through normal attachment though.

Formula is as follows:

length of front bar * weight on front bar = "X"

Then:
"X" / length of back bar = weight on back bar.

example:
27" Front bar * 4 ounces = 108
108 / 12" rear bar = 9 ounces for the rear bar.

You then take the 9 ounces, put it on the rear bar. If you do a true V bar, you split the weights between the two bars. If you do a side bar, you do it on the solo side bar.

You then add or remove weight on the rear bar only. Aim for the X. Remove or add weight until your side to side "misses" are down to a nice, ragged oval that basically kills the X.

bfisher
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM
An old friend of mine makes these. Google "Stokerized". Tell me what you think.

Montalaar
04-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Shibuya or OK... Perfect quality products made in Japan or Germany..

buckhunt
04-08-2011, 04:18 AM
Hey bfisher, those things look fantastic! but how well do they work? Know anybody that shoots them?

bfisher
04-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey bfisher, those things look fantastic! but how well do they work? Know anybody that shoots them?

Just Kyle and the shop shooters at Swatara Creek Outfitters. But then it's been to cold for me to get out this winter. I'm thinking of a trip to see him one of these days and try that S1 setup on my bows. I'm dreading the price tag, but maybe he'll cut me a break.