PDA

View Full Version : Sos

usafplumber
04-09-2011, 06:52 PM
So i was shooting my new fc today and after about 15 arrows it started making a wierd noise farther investigation revealed the the rubber on my SOS had ripped were it attaches to the hard plastic yoke.i had it set so the rubber just barely touched string.I have maybe put 200 arrows through it. Any one else have this problem or maybe have any advice on how to prevent this from happening again.

Simple Life
04-10-2011, 03:18 AM
I have heard some problems with the SOS.Here is a fix by archerx7 which should make the SOS last longer and by reviews be a little quieter.

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?9285-How-to-quiet-an-SOS

I think if I have any problem with it,I might order a STS and be rid of it.

archerx7
04-10-2011, 04:49 AM
I've only heard of one other sos failing so far. Could be either the rubber itself was bad or there may be a sharp edge on the bracket left from the molding process. Give your dealer or Martin a call on Monday, I'm sure they'll get it replaced asap.

usafplumber
04-12-2011, 08:15 AM
So I called Martin today about this problem. I had every intentions of buying a couple of the replacement rubbers. After they took my info they told me they are going to send my 3 for free!!! I absolutley love great customer service!!!! As long as they keep this up I will shoot nothing else or recommend nothing else but Martin

mudpig
04-12-2011, 08:33 AM
I had the same issue with the SOS on my 60# Silencer. Although the tear in one side of the rubber did not occur until almost 3000 shots. I just ordered a couple of extras, but nice to hear the customer support is taking care of their customers.

boothill
04-12-2011, 10:47 AM
I had the rubber tear on my Onza as well. My dealer had another rubber in the shop so replaced the original. I also went ahead and did the foam like archerx7 showed and it quited my bow down some. My string is currently about 3/16" off the rubber stop.

leeindy
04-12-2011, 07:51 PM
ive destroyed two. in about 130 shots. i need to call martin. i was thinking about doubling them up to see how that holds up.

leeindy
04-12-2011, 08:17 PM
im really considering scrapping the sos and going with a rear stabilizer mount one

leeindy
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM
im actually going to replace the sos with a more normal style string stop

Simple Life
04-14-2011, 06:06 AM
im actually going to replace the sos with a more normal style string stop

Hey leeindy,when you do ,I would like to know if it is better at quieting down your bow than the SOS

leeindy
04-14-2011, 09:54 AM
ill find out soon its on the way. but either way it beat repalcing the damn thing every 300 shots.

Ehunter
04-14-2011, 01:44 PM
For the guys that have had SOS's tear on them, have you checked to make sure that the string hits dead center on the SOS? Slighty to one side or the other would put more torque on one side, possibly making it stress alot faster and tear. Just curious. Mine are both dead center, and I've got 2000+ shots on one, and 500+ shots on the other. Neither shows hardly any sign of wear.

leeindy
04-14-2011, 02:21 PM
mine hits dead center. i have and extra one too. im going to double them up till i get my new one.

leeindy
04-20-2011, 06:52 AM
ditched the SOS last night. the kit came with an old style cable slide but i didnt put that on im still gona use the TRG. ill shoot it some time today but were in the process of moving across country so no telling when ill get a chance to get it done.

mudpig
04-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Both of my bows are set up with the SOS dead center. I double checked it last night and sure enough they split the oval in half. But then I had a lot of shots thru it when it went and it was below freezing when it tore.

HawgEnvy
04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
im really considering scrapping the sos and going with a rear stabilizer mount one

I've got the Norway Ind STS on my Cheetah and it works great. It quieted it down alot. And as for the original cable slide, if anyone has an extra I could use one.

leeindy
04-20-2011, 04:52 PM
the rod or just the slider?

Ehunter
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Mud, I never thought about the cold effecting the SOS, but it makes perfect sense. The colder it gets, the stiffer the rubber is going to be, and the less it absorbs the string hit. I've also been wondering about using a cable rod silencer on the new bows. Common sense says the SOS/TRG system is going to be sending a decent amount of vibration down the rod. Might help to quiet them down a bit more. Might have to do some experimenting on this. lol

leeindy
04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
so ditching the sos and going with last years style = :cool:

perfect. and quieter and its a solid design i will never put that sos back on.

Simple Life
04-23-2011, 03:55 AM
so ditching the sos and going with last years style = :cool:

perfect. and quieter and its a solid design i will never put that sos back on.

So do you have the STS on now?I am thinking of picking up one and changing it out.

SL

Lung Buster
04-23-2011, 06:59 AM
I was kind of bummed out when I bought my 2010 bonehunter with the slide and STS and then saw they changed all that in 2011 and put on the SOS! But the way you guys are talking I am glad I didn't!

leeindy
04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
sos is gone. im using the trg still

Blueberries
04-25-2011, 01:33 AM
I absolutley love great customer service!!!! As long as they keep this up I will shoot nothing else or recommend nothing else but Martin ...

Blueberries
04-26-2011, 01:22 AM
I absolutley love great customer service!!!! As long as they keep this up I will shoot nothing else or recommend nothing else but Martin ... :o

Money Man
04-26-2011, 04:12 AM
I absolutley love great customer service!!!! As long as they keep this up I will shoot nothing else or recommend nothing else but Martin ... :o

So why don't you tell us what you are shooting? Maybe post some pics.