PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new string

Scott
04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Rytera Bullet X. Measured the ATA, factory say's 33". My measuring tape say's 34". Are the new Hammerhead strings any good? My shoot is 92.25" and the cable is 35". Are they "Pre Stretched". Looks like they will cost about the same as the Vaportrail strings or Winnerschoice. I see plenty of ad's for " the best" and "pre stetched". Is there a real world test done on the top ten strings manufactures?? Thanks

gravedigger
04-10-2011, 05:34 PM
well there are some string makers on the forum.hutch for just got done building his strig jig.so he will me selling string after he stocks up.but just keep an eye out im sure lots of people will chime in.but i run winnerschoice.

archerx7
04-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Rytera Bullet X. Measured the ATA, factory say's 33". My measuring tape say's 34". Are the new Hammerhead strings any good? My shoot is 92.25" and the cable is 35". Are they "Pre Stretched". Looks like they will cost about the same as the Vaportrail strings or Winnerschoice. I see plenty of ad's for " the best" and "pre stetched". Is there a real world test done on the top ten strings manufactures?? Thanks

All of your better aftermarket strings are prestretched and served under tension. Most all of them use the same or very similar techniques when building strings and the majority of them will all use the same materials. 452X and Trophy by BCY are the most popular with either Halo or 3D end servings and 62xs center serving. Its pretty hard to go wrong with any of the string manufacturers these days.

MLN1963
04-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Archerx7 and Hutch & Son both make strings. They both help out here with lots of free advise and I will support them when it comes time for me to need a string.

HawgEnvy
04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Archerx7 and Hutch & Son both make strings. They both help out here with lots of free advise and I will support them when it comes time for me to need a string.

yupper! I've got 2 bows. I'm gonna put an order in with both of them when the time comes. I'd say send them a PM and discuss your best route.