PDA

View Full Version : Taking a bow apart

spekwa66
04-11-2011, 01:24 PM
I am trying to sell my cougar, the same one that I've been trying to sell, and I have an offer for just the limbs. I really don't want to do this, but if it would get it sold, would it be worth it? I know the cams are worth some money as well, but if I took it apart would I still be able to get a decent amount of money for it?

gravedigger
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
all i can say is it is looking like its time for you to do some priceing.find out what the average person is paying for parts,then factor in shipping,the time it will take for you to sell all thouse parts and last but not least if you are useing this cash for another bow are you going to be abel to hold on to it for the amount of time it may take to sell the bow as parts.or is it worth it to you to hold onto it and wait.it might just take the same amount of time to part it out at a loss then it would be to sell it as a whole.i dont know how well used bow parts sell out your way or what your looking to get $ wise,but in my neck of the woods i will see good bows and parts take months to sell.just my 2cents.

Speedykills
04-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Personely i wouldnt part it out,stick in AT classifieds and set a descent price and it should sell ok i would think.Once you start parting it out you may never sell the rest of parts vs a whole bow.

polaris754
04-11-2011, 03:31 PM
yup I have to agree parting it out only gives a part of the return , hold out and sell the whole thing , best value fer the sale , done the part out thing before ,and I still have a lot of the stuff layin around :cool:

HawgEnvy
04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
yup I have to agree parting it out only gives a part of the return , hold out and sell the whole thing , best value fer the sale , done the part out thing before ,and I still have a lot of the stuff layin around :cool:

hmmm! And what might that be?

Simple Life
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Personely i wouldnt part it out,stick in AT classifieds and set a descent price and it should sell ok i would think.Once you start parting it out you may never sell the rest of parts vs a whole bow.

X2Limbs and cam probably be the only thing you will sell.

archerx7
04-12-2011, 12:26 PM
As most of the others have already stated, not worth it to part it out, you'll end up with a riser you won't be able to get rid of. Keep it listed whole and be patient, its taken me a month or more sometimes to sell older bows on AT, you may even want to list it in the target bow section also, as someone looking for a cougar in your configuration will likley look in the target bow section first.