PDA

View Full Version : Well, i'm out for THREE week's!!!!!!

martinbowhunter
04-11-2011, 05:10 PM
First off, i just sold my "other" bow last weekend. Today i was shooting my bow, getting ready for my first ever 3D fun shoot this weekend. And guess what happened, on shot number 26 i splintered my bottom limb. I heard an unusal noise so i stoped shooting to inspect my bow, and sure enough...:mad: I then called my dealer who is just an awesome guy to deal with. Just asked me where and what happen, so i told him then he asked for the numbers on the limb, which i gave him. Then he told me it was going to take three weeks to get me my new limb's :mad: LOL....i just wanna cry right now! I'm not sure if you guy's will be able to see what i am talking about in the pic. It's a very small splinter and my dealer told me to back out my limb bolts and not shoot it till he gets my limb's changed.....:mad:.......LOL. Thing's could be worse, just wanna cry though.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Bummer that's too bad!!!!

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
04-11-2011, 05:18 PM
mbh, sorry to hear about that. Hope he gets you back up and shooting ASAP.

CarlosII
04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
i wouldn't bet on the 3 weeks. i've been waiting a month now on mine. guess they're on back order.

gravedigger
04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
that suck's.i feel your pain.if it make's you feel any better,i can't shoot for another month maybe two.

martinbowhunter
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
i wouldn't bet on the 3 weeks. i've been waiting a month now on mine. guess they're on back order.

Pleeeeeeease tell me your joking!?

martinbowhunter
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
that suck's.i feel your pain.if it make's you feel any better,i can't shoot for another month maybe two.

LOL I feel a little better now. And seriously, that long more?

gravedigger
04-11-2011, 05:46 PM
LOL I feel a little better now. And seriously, that long more?

yep if not longer,my right hand is fractured,and i cant stress my jaw for at least a month.i will know more friday

Speedykills
04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Thats to bad,is that your martin bow!............

martinbowhunter
04-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Thats to bad,is that your martin bow!............

Yes it's my TR1

Speedykills
04-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Geez man that does suck,ill shoot a few for you................Not April fools!

HawgEnvy
04-12-2011, 03:21 AM
I really feel for you guys. I hope everything gets better for you both.

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Geez man that does suck,ill shoot a few for you................Not April fools!

LOL...you got me good on that darn April fools one....

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 04:24 AM
I really feel for you guys. I hope everything gets better for you both.

Thank's man. It's a bummer but these things do happen. I'm only kicking myself cause i just sold my spare bow...lol.

Arrow Splitter
04-12-2011, 04:36 AM
I know how you feel MBH. My limbs on the PSE I had were replaced, and I had to have my Jaguar's limbs replaced as well.:( I won't say how long I waited, because it definitely won't make you feel better.:D

A.S

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 04:36 AM
mbh, sorry to hear about that. Hope he gets you back up and shooting ASAP.

Oh my dealer will do everything in his power to get me my limb's ASAP. I kinda felt bad for my dealer cause he is such a nice guy. When i explained what happen i could tell just by his voice that had he had one of his own bows in my DL he would have let me borrow it. LOL. I could tell he felt really bad. He was the guy that got me to shoot martin bows and he was also the guy telling me for the last two years to give 3d fun shoots a chance...lol And when i finally agree to give it a try, this happened....lol What's even more funny is i called him this morning before my limb cracked to tell him im in on the fun shoot and that i was going to get my bow ready today......lol

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 04:40 AM
I know how you feel MBH. My limbs on the PSE I had were replaced, and I had to have my Jaguar's limbs replaced as well.:( I won't say how long I waited, because it definitely won't make you feel better.:D

A.S

LOL What the h**l! Now im worried...Was it more than a month? C'mon, be nice to me....lol Am i going to have to change my thread title? lol

Arrow Splitter
04-12-2011, 04:42 AM
Actually, for the Jaguar, it was under two weeks.:cool::p The Jaguar doesn't use the new limbs anyways.

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Actually, for the Jaguar, it was under two weeks.:cool::p The Jaguar doesn't use the new limbs anyways.

Why you S.O......Be messing with my feeling's:mad: I'll get you and speedykills yet:p

Arrow Splitter
04-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Why you S.O......Be messing with my feeling's:mad: I'll get you and speedykills yet:p
I didn't think it would make you feel any better since you have a three week wait or more.;)

SonnyThomas
04-12-2011, 06:19 AM

Pleeeeeeease tell me your joking!?

Him ain't jokin'.

TR1 what? Year, model? I can't keep track of nothing, I swear. Old age or too dang many bows to remember.

Arrow Splitter
04-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Old age or too dang many bows to remember.

Probably both.LOL:p:D:D

I believe it's a 2010 Firecat TR1.

Simple Life
04-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear MBH,hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Him ain't jokin'.

TR1 what? Year, model? I can't keep track of nothing, I swear. Old age or too dang many bows to remember.

lol. its a 2009 Martin firecat TR1 70#

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Sorry to hear MBH,hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

Thank's simple. I've got my toes,legs,arms and fingers crossed.

Arrow Splitter
04-12-2011, 04:22 PM
lol. its a 2009 Martin firecat TR1 70#
I was close! Only a year off.:cool::cool:

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I was close! Only a year off.:cool::cool:

Very good guess.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
You could always use the other half bow!http://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/wink.gifhttp://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/wink.gif

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
You could always use the other half bow!http://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/wink.gifhttp://www.archerysite.net/vb/images/smilies/wink.gif

Lol. i thought about it but her bow doesn't adjust to a 29" DL. Wonder if i could use her limbs :confused:....lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Lol. i thought about it but her bow doesn't adjust to a 29" DL. Wonder if i could use her limbs :confused:....lolNot unless you want your limbs broken. LOL :rolleyes:

Hutch :cool:

Arrow Splitter
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Lol. i thought about it but her bow doesn't adjust to a 29" DL. Wonder if i could use her limbs :confused:....lol

If you did that, your life on this earth would probably be cut short.;):D:D

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Not unless you want your limbs broken. LOL :rolleyes:

Hutch :cool:

HA HA HA...I see what you did there. lol No thank you i need my "limbs".

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 05:12 PM
If you did that, your life on this earth would probably be cut short.;):D:D

Or worse, she might not give me the ok to get a new bow. Back me up guy's!!!! I NEED a spare bow right???? She told me today to go ahead an order an extra set of limbs just incase this happens again i won;t have the big down time:mad: Why couldn't she just give me the ok to buy a "SPARE" bow????

Arrow Splitter
04-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Or worse, she might not give me the ok to get a new bow. Back me up guy's!!!! I NEED a spare bow right???? She told me today to go ahead an order an extra set of limbs just incase this happens again i won;t have the big down time:mad: Why couldn't she just give me the ok to buy a "SPARE" bow????

Oh yes, you do "NEED" a spare bow. LOL:D

CarlosII
04-12-2011, 05:45 PM
thinking seriously of springing for a set of barnsdale limbs. feel free to post your opinions.

MLN1963
04-12-2011, 05:54 PM

I bet yuou could pick up a spare used bow for the cost of a set of new limbs.

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I bet yuou could pick up a spare used bow for the cost of a set of new limbs.

Not sure! But i did get quoted $120 For a new set of limbs.

martinbowhunter
04-12-2011, 06:19 PM
thinking seriously of springing for a set of barnsdale limbs. feel free to post your opinions.

Carlos, or anyone. What's your thoughts on the Barnsdale VS the new power tough limb's?

MLN1963
04-12-2011, 06:48 PM
That is less than I thought.

CarlosII
04-13-2011, 02:14 AM
to martinbowhunter,

i was hoping to get a set of the new power limbs to replace the cracked limb on my 2010 SC but apparently they're on back order right now. so i can't comment on them. being the impatient sort i've checked into the price of some barnsdale limbs, but again i have no experience with them.

so, i guess what i'm saying is i can't comment on either one.

HawgEnvy
04-13-2011, 02:39 AM

buy the one set of limbs,then hit Ebay and pick up another whole bow for that price. Do a search on there for Martin. There's some great deals to b had.

Money Man
04-13-2011, 04:48 AM
If you can convince the wife, the limbs cost $200, you will need $400 for both sets, buy one for $120 and get a back up bow off ebay with the left over $280.:D

martinbowhunter
04-13-2011, 12:31 PM
buy the one set of limbs,then hit Ebay and pick up another whole bow for that price. Do a search on there for Martin. There's some great deals to b had.

Thanks hawg but im to scared to buy stuff of the internet.....don't wanna get scammed.

martinbowhunter
04-13-2011, 12:36 PM
i'm sorry about your bow i'll sell you a martin pantera 08 for 200 $:D

LOL...i got gravedigger tryna kill me and now i have you tryna get me put in the dog house....:p

martinbowhunter
04-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Good news everyone!!!! My limbs are in stock and i should have them by the end of next week! Well atleast that is what my dealer said martin said. C'mon martin, U CAN DO IT!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah baby that's great!

Arrow Splitter
04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Good news everyone!!!! My limbs are in stock and i should have them by the end of next week! Well atleast that is what my dealer said martin said. C'mon martin, U CAN DO IT!
NICE!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Speedykills
04-13-2011, 07:02 PM

The race is on...............................:p

CarlosII
04-14-2011, 03:10 AM

while i'm happy for you, it seems i'm still stuck. spoke to Martin yesterday and was told the SC limbs are still on back order. it will probably be another two weeks at least. that means i will not have it for Augusta and maybe not Bedford.

i love the bow, but i'm beginning to feel a little skittish about not having it to shoot. i last shot it a month ago last Sunday when i discovered the crack in the top limb.

i know its not Joel's fault, but he told me the limbs would be available last week.

i may have to invest in some Barnsdale limbs if Martin can't come through. that's another $150 but i've never been known for my patience.

martinbowhunter
04-14-2011, 03:52 AM
while i'm happy for you, it seems i'm still stuck. spoke to Martin yesterday and was told the SC limbs are still on back order. it will probably be another two weeks at least. that means i will not have it for Augusta and maybe not Bedford.

i love the bow, but i'm beginning to feel a little skittish about not having it to shoot. i last shot it a month ago last Sunday when i discovered the crack in the top limb.

i know its not Joel's fault, but he told me the limbs would be available last week.

i may have to invest in some Barnsdale limbs if Martin can't come through. that's another $150 but i've never been known for my patience.

Thank's man. Suck's that you limb's are on back order. I hope everything work's out for you. And if it makes you feel better, what i was told wasn't written in stone. So i am keeping my fingers crossed.

polaris754
04-14-2011, 02:57 PM
all said and done I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope u get it back soon and good luck!;)