PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to go Elk hunting? **WARNING:DO NOT ATTEMPT**

Arrow Splitter
04-12-2011, 04:40 PM
I saw this on BroadHeadTalk.:eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2qe4x5vavI&feature=related

NuttyNative
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
This has been on you tube for quite a while. One of the coolest hunting vidieo's I've seen. Don't know if I could have kept it together like he did :D

Ehunter
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
That is one cool video. Reminds me of the first buck I ever shot. One of those screwed up things, but worked out well. Shot it at a distance of 6-7 feet. Saw the arrow stuck in the ground, and thought I'd missed. lol

ElkSlayer
04-13-2011, 04:33 AM
hey how did you get that vid of me.....lmao

I saw that hunt a few years ago was awsome to see that bull that close to the hunter whom admits to shakin in his boots... But I have to Ask you all are not afarid of a liltte ole bull are ya ????:cool::cool: you have to get up close an personal with elk befor you should try hunting them.. makes you steady when you get the chance like in the vid oh i mean like me hahaha

alex
04-13-2011, 09:34 AM
This reminds me of a great old movie - "The Bear", when the giant grizzly spared the life of the hunter who was after him.

bfisher
04-13-2011, 09:57 AM
I consider that guy to have a really cool head to not be visibly shaking, but I did take notice that as the elk turned to bolt the guy obviously had a bow he couldn't draw very well; too much weight. Personally instead of trying to draw I'd have been dropping my drawers to clean them out while trying not to pass out.

martinbowhunter
04-13-2011, 03:25 PM
i consider that guy to have a really cool head to not be visibly shaking, but i did take notice that as the elk turned to bolt the guy obviously had a bow he couldn't draw very well; too much weight. personally instead of trying to draw i'd have been dropping my drawers to clean them out while trying not to pass out.

lol.......

elkslayer4x5
04-14-2011, 06:42 AM
This is in a refuge, the elk was comming into the deep shade where I was from bright sunlight, and couldn't see me, he kept comming after I took the photo, made me back up, felt 10 feet was close enough! I'll be taking the Grandson there this summer so that he can have the same experence. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/Usal/DSCN1154.jpg