PDA

View Full Version : Screws for draw mods

Simple Life
04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Is it me or are they a junk screw or in too tight.Man I stripped the hole for screw and was cursing like a sailor.Managed to get it loose and adjusted.2 out of the 4 were buggers.Maybe it was just me ,but I am sure glad to get them out.Guess I will order 2 more screws just in case.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I think it is you. You should of had your wife do it.:p

Hutch:cool:

Simple Life
04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I think it is you. You should of had your wife do it.:p

Hutch:cool:

She was busy:rolleyes:

archerx7
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Take one with you to your local hardware store and see if you can't get them in stainless steel. The next time you have them out, coat the threads and underside of the head with string wax.

SonnyThomas
04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Don't know what it is, but once I get the mod screws out I replace them with what I have on hand from Pearson and Reflex.

jdduffy
04-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Take one with you to your local hardware store and see if you can't get them in stainless steel. The next time you have them out, coat the threads and underside of the head with string wax.

that's what I did with mine.

Simple Life
04-17-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the info,going to pick up some ss if I can.Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me:)

MLN1963
04-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't think that stainless steel screws are needed as long as you use anti-seize or string wax on the threads and head face. That should stop any galling.

Rockyhud
04-17-2011, 08:43 AM
I too have replaced almost all the black steel screws on my bow, cam mods included, with stainless screws. Not so they would hopefully not get stuck (i.e., gall up in the hole, which they haven't) but so there would be much less chance of their rusting. I did have one of the original mod screws give me fits one time taking it out to adjust it but even since I've applied string wax to all screw threads they've stayed tight with the added benefit they will come out without galling or stripping the threads. And if you're concerned about the reflectiveness of these bright screws you can always dab a little flat paint on them. It acts kind of like a thread locker and thread lube at the same time.