PDA

View Full Version : Peep rotation

Broken Arrow
04-15-2011, 07:14 AM
I understand from this forum that the one of the reasons for peep rotation is due to poor quality strings, but does changing the draw weight a few lbs either way affect it as well. Also, I currently have the original factory string on my '07 Bengal, any suggestions on a reasonably priced replacement.

gravedigger
04-15-2011, 07:23 AM
I understand from this forum that the one of the reasons for peep rotation is due to poor quality strings, but does changing the draw weight a few lbs either way affect it as well. Also, I currently have the original factory string on my '07 Bengal, any suggestions on a reasonably priced replacement.

hutch and archerx make custom strings,might want to send them a pm.and your string and cable have probly streched seeing as it is 4 years old.you should replace.i put winnerschoice on my bengal but i paid 110.try searching past threads on this forum for string ideas.and also people will be chiming in for other string options.you really should just replace it.also how much do you shoot your bow or how many shots do you think you have takin with it.

Arrow Splitter
04-15-2011, 09:51 AM

Welcome to the forum Broken Arrow.
Changing the draw weight will affect your peep because the tension on the string changes. You should definitely replace your string and cables, whether you've shot the bow much or not, because the factory strings (as you've probably read already) weren't too good in 2007.

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum Broken Arrow, you are correct, Draw weight change, Draw length change, peep change, serving changes, and string deterioration will cause peep rotation.

I am one of the custom string builders here the another is archerx7. I'd pm archerx7 I am sure he can help you out. From what I have seen he is a excellent string builder.

Hutch:cool:

MLN1963
04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
I am one of the custom string builders here the another is archerx7. I'd pm archerx7 I am sure he can help you out. From what I have seen he is a excellent string builder.

Hutch:cool:

Broken Arrow

I don't think Hutch is blowing you off. I believe Hutch is still getting things up and running at this point. He built a new sting jig and is accumulating material and might not be quite ready to take orders at this time.

Mark

Arrow Splitter
04-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Broken Arrow

I don't think Hutch is blowing you off. I believe Hutch is still getting things up and running at this point. He built a new sting jig and is accumulating material and might not be quite ready to take orders at this time.

Mark

That is correct. We won't be ready until after our two week trip.

Brad Hutchinson
Hutch~n~Son Archery LLC