PDA

View Full Version : alotta newbies

HawgEnvy
04-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I couldn't help but notice. There seems to be alot of new Martin owners checking in lately. Just want to extend a warm welcome to all of you. Your in good hands here. But we can't answer questions without pics of your set-up(j/k). But we are interested in seeing what you shoot. Have fun,and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.

Money Man
04-17-2011, 06:07 PM
I couldn't help but notice. There seems to be alot of new Martin owners checking in lately. Just want to extend a warm welcome to all of you. Your in good hands here. But we can't answer questions without pics of your set-up(j/k). But we are interested in seeing what you shoot. Have fun,and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.

We do like pictures here, but, we also realize some of the newbies may not be new to archery but just new to this forum. We also appreciate words of wisdom if you wish to share. Welcome to all the new members. This is a great place to find lots of good information.

elkslayer4x5
04-18-2011, 06:11 AM
It's engourging to see all these new forum users, shows that this forum is open to new users, and seems like they know that they know that their techinal questions will be dealt with and not just be told that they have to shoot whatever new hotness is in current favor.

HawgEnvy
04-18-2011, 08:09 AM
sure is encouraging. I sent a couple PM's to guys on AT that were asking questions and getting the typical AT runaround BS. I want to help promote Martin,and try to help others with their issues,whether it be Martin or anything else. We're all in it together.

rock
04-18-2011, 12:00 PM
thats why i come here at is cool if you sift throught the bs... i bought my first martin product last year a alien z love the draw cycle of these hybrix cams so much i bought a silencer if it ever gets here.. last year i had a sr71, d350 and settled with my z.

HawgEnvy
04-18-2011, 01:44 PM
sweet! Another covert. Lol. We don't care what you shoot as long as your shooting. Glad to hear your liking your Martins though. Wheres your pics,hmmmm?

boobowbender
04-19-2011, 07:24 AM
well heres some pics, new 10 1/2 doinker on its way! Its a bit loud and was rattling mod screws loose any input on the cams? I need to start a diiferent thread. anyways how can i check timing by myself without a draw board?
never mind i cant upload photos for some reason i will try to get some pics of my cams on here too

Rangerj
04-23-2011, 07:39 PM
This is the most activity that I have observed on this site. Which is good.:cool:

droppixel
04-30-2011, 08:27 PM
sure is encouraging. I sent a couple PM's to guys on AT that were asking questions and getting the typical AT runaround BS. I want to help promote Martin,and try to help others with their issues,whether it be Martin or anything else. We're all in it together.

Like this guy here ;)

Got a couple things I want to try to figure out between my Cheetah and my dad's Cheetah. Both somewhat cam related.

Could ask on mine and see what happens, I have the 08 with the M-Pro cam - just wondering what the proper timing/rotation should be on that cam? I have seen people talk about different lengths in the grove where the string exits and I have also seen someone say the "dash" should be parallel to the ground if you were holding the bow straight up. I have the bow shooting really well, but if I can make it better, I will. Also if that will help with speed, than sign me up, though I still haven't chrono'd this bow yet =(

And here are some pictures...
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224656_786154622982_31101004_39818437_1534836_n.jp g
http://i56.tinypic.com/6fxg.jpg

Think my "dash" is a little off from being parallel.

Scott
05-01-2011, 05:25 AM
It's engourging to see all these new forum users, shows that this forum is open to new users, and seems like they know that they know that they know that their techinal questions will be dealt with and not just be told that they have to shoot whatever new hotness is in current favor.

what???????

Scott
05-01-2011, 05:35 AM
the MPRO is the same as the Vipro. I was told 1/10 of an inch off the track/groove is optimum.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Like this guy here ;)

Got a couple things I want to try to figure out between my Cheetah and my dad's Cheetah. Both somewhat cam related.

Could ask on mine and see what happens, I have the 08 with the M-Pro cam - just wondering what the proper timing/rotation should be on that cam? I have seen people talk about different lengths in the grove where the string exits and I have also seen someone say the "dash" should be parallel to the ground if you were holding the bow straight up. I have the bow shooting really well, but if I can make it better, I will. Also if that will help with speed, than sign me up, though I still haven't chrono'd this bow yet =(

And here are some pictures...
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224656_786154622982_31101004_39818437_1534836_n.jp g
http://i56.tinypic.com/6fxg.jpg

Think my "dash" is a little off from being parallel.
In most cases when the bow is at rest, the end of the groove in the cam needs to be 1/4" or less away from the string.

Hutch:cool:

wick
05-01-2011, 05:43 AM

Thanks, I love this forum. I get on here about every day just to see if there is anything new I can try or if there is anything going on that i'm also experiencing or can help with. I don't know if there are any other forums out there with the other guys but this makes me that much more confident with my desicion to buy a Martin. I'll get the pics of my set-up out as soon as I can.

wick
05-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Here's my set-up as of so far.

droppixel
05-02-2011, 05:22 AM
the MPRO is the same as the Vipro. I was told 1/10 of an inch off the track/groove is optimum.

Adjusting this, twisting up the control cable? After that is done, fair to assume I'll need to check pins and possibly other tuning? I don't want to tweak to many things since everything has been shooting very well, but if I can improve overall performance by doing so, I'll get it done.

bfisher
05-02-2011, 06:43 AM

Actually, it was always resommended to have 1/2" to 5/8" of groove left where the string came off the cam. This was due to some bows derailing the string when shot, as the cam rotated far enough that the string came out of the groove where it ends. Just be careful because if your bow ends up doing this you'll know why.

droppixel
05-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Actually, it was always resommended to have 1/2" to 5/8" of groove left where the string came off the cam. This was due to some bows derailing the string when shot, as the cam rotated far enough that the string came out of the groove where it ends. Just be careful because if your bow ends up doing this you'll know why.

Good thing to know...I know if the - in the M-Pro was level with the ground like I have seen before in an AT post, there would be a good space in the groove. I'll take a peek again at mine when I get off work and check to see if I should add/remove some twists.

HawgEnvy
02-25-2013, 05:24 AM
I figured I'd bring this back to the top due to the recent onslaught of new members(that's a GOOD thing). I hope all you new guys stick around and share your experiences and input. You might get a bit of friendly ribbin' now and again,but don't take it personal. That just means your accepted. Congrats on you new bows. The biggest rule to remember is POST PICS. We wanna know and see what your shooting and your choice of accessories.

alienshooter
02-25-2013, 09:20 AM
I figured I'd bring this back to the top due to the recent onslaught of new members(that's a GOOD thing). I hope all you new guys stick around and share your experiences and input. You might get a bit of friendly ribbin' now and again,but don't take it personal. That just means your accepted. Congrats on you new bows. The biggest rule to remember is POST PICS. We wanna know and see what your shooting and your choice of accessories.

Yeah I'm a newb here but not to archery. I went through a lot of decision making to decide what bow to get, I was raised on recurves and instinctive shooting so compounds are new but I learn quick. So I bought a 2011 Alien X, one of my friends has a 2006 Jaguar I think thats what it is, its a nice bow but the limb has a fracture in it but it still shoots great I told him to call CS to get it fixed but he's stubborn. Well I love my Alien X so much I bought the new "Alien". I probably will be shooting it this weekend when I get the rest just to see how it feels. If anyone wants to see pics there in my album on my profile. I'm happy to be here because I like Martin Bows, I'm a local boy because I only live about an hour and a half from Walla Walla WA.

wscywabbit
02-25-2013, 11:19 AM
I don't blame you that new Alien is pretty sweet. :)

RT1
02-25-2013, 11:24 AM
could me a sign that Martin is gaining some popularity. Good sign for growth!

HawgEnvy
02-25-2013, 11:32 AM
I hope so. The newer offerings are sweet shooters.

Tenacious Billy
02-25-2013, 03:39 PM
I hope so. The newer offerings are sweet shooters.

That they are....after researching to death what my next bow would be, I picked up the Bengal Pro. Really couldn't find a bad review on them, Martin's warranty seems to be rock-solid and the bow looks pretty badass.

There's plenty of fine bow makers out there - it always amazes me when someone says "I'll only use brand X" or "brand Y is junk"....you get the same thing with rifles/calibers, etc - brand loyalty is a crazy thing. The fact is, you need to shoot something that YOU like and will get the job done. Ironically, I bought the Bengal without ever holding one in my hands, but my brother shoots a Moab, I liked it and the Bengal looked even cooler, so it was a no brainer for me.

My Bengal shoots wicked - quiet, smooth and feels great in my hand. Any accuracy issues at this point can be blamed on the operator!

I'm totally stoked about the bow and will be warming it up on a couple of blackies come Spring.

Cheers,

elkslayer4x5
02-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Any of you newer members that I've missed in sending a welcome, let me welcome you all to our favorite archery site. :)

cmwr
03-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Welcome to all newbies! AT sucks. I seldom go there anymore and am seriously contemplating deleting the site from my bookmark toolbar. Too much drama over there and not much a smalltime Martin shooter like me gets for replies cause I am not spending as much money as the other trolls over there ;).

I haven't been here a while guys and I appologize. I tend to be on one forum for a while then hit another forum for a while. If I had anything better to do I wouldn't be here now lol. Hate winter!!

Lately I have been spending alot of time over at Rimfirecentral (another fantastic site!). I have been doing a trigger job on my 10-22. I haven't picked up my bows since last fall. But that's the way I am. Waiting for some warmer weather to get back out and shoot with my wife. Glad I saw this thread! Martin will not disappoint!!! Great bow! Good price! EXCELLENT customer service!!