PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Hunter

SJunior
04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Anyone have any experience with the Martin Trophy Hunter. Should have my new 2010 model here this week and was wondering what to expect.

New to the forum but a longtime Martin shooter.

HawgEnvy
04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I've not shot that particular model,but if(and I'm sure it will)it shoots as well as all the other Martins,your in for a good time. I've got an '08 Cheetah w the MPro single cam @ 30" AtA. It's got a very solid backwall and is a very good shooter as well as quiet and shock free.

being a 2010 model,im guessing it has the accu-trac single cam and the roto-limb cup design. Not sure if it has the TRG/SOS set-up or the traditional cable guard. I'm going to say the cable guard,which IMO,is better any way.though others may disagree. IBO should 315-320,and set-up and tuned properly,should get about 270-280fps w 60# limbs. You should be able,i would think,to make or break the 300fps mark w 70# limbs.

this should all be taken w a grain of salt,however,as I have no experience w this model. Hopefully someone chimes in. Specs can be found on-line. Post some pics and shoq of your new toy when you get it. WE LOVE PICS! Especially Hutch. But he's on vacation.

welcome to the forum

martinbowhunter
04-18-2011, 11:30 AM
I've not shot that particular model,but if(and I'm sure it will)it shoots as well as all the other Martins,your in for a good time. I've got an '08 Cheetah w the MPro single cam @ 30" AtA. It's got a very solid backwall and is a very good shooter as well as quiet and shock free.

being a 2010 model,im guessing it has the accu-trac single cam and the roto-limb cup design. Not sure if it has the TRG/SOS set-up or the traditional cable guard. I'm going to say the cable guard,which IMO,is better any way.though others may disagree. IBO should 315-320,and set-up and tuned properly,should get about 270-280fps w 60# limbs. You should be able,i would think,to make or break the 300fps mark w 70# limbs.

this should all be taken w a grain of salt,however,as I have no experience w this model. Hopefully someone chimes in. Specs can be found on-line. Post some pics and shoq of your new toy when you get it. WE LOVE PICS! Especially Hutch. But he's on vacation.

welcome to the forum

Even with 70# limb's his IBO should still be around 270-280 fps. Reason being is, if he does shoot 70# then he will have to add a minimum of 50 grains to his arrow weight to be able to shoot 70# saftly. So therefor he will not gain much speed by shooting 70#. At 60# he will be able to get away with shooting an arrow with 50 grains less. But hang around, others who may have experience with the bow you are asking about will chime in.

HawgEnvy
04-18-2011, 12:03 PM
doah! Thanks MBH. I forgot about the arrow weight coming into play. We need to know how your bow is set up in order to really nail it down for you. Info needed: draw weight(DW),draw length(DL),what cams?,string accessories(peep,kisser,D-loop or brass nocks,etc. Be as specific as possible. A whisker style rest will slow your arrow a little.

martinbowhunter
04-18-2011, 01:03 PM
doah! Thanks MBH. I forgot about the arrow weight coming into play. We need to know how your bow is set up in order to really nail it down for you. Info needed: draw weight(DW),draw length(DL),what cams?,string accessories(peep,kisser,D-loop or brass nocks,etc. Be as specific as possible. A whisker style rest will slow your arrow a little.

LOL. No problem. Wasn't tryna step on your toes by any means Hawg. And OP, we need every detail possible thank's.

Lung Buster
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Congrats on the new bow! Did you get it from dick's? The trophy hunter looks exactly like a saber! Martin changes the name on the bows but they are really the same! I have a 2010 Bone Hunter but it really is a Cheetah!

HawgEnvy
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Congrats on the new bow! Did you get it from dick's? The trophy hunter looks exactly like a saber! Martin changes the name on the bows but they are really the same! I have a 2010 Bone Hunter but it really is a Cheetah!

what are the IBO specs on yours?

Lung Buster
04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
My specs are 70# 30 inch dl I have The acu trak cam and I do have a d loop on my string and cat whiskers I shoot 30" pile drivers 350 with predator 2" vanes

SJunior
04-20-2011, 06:37 PM
A little rundown on my new bow 70# at 30" shooting Beman 340's. Just got it today, need to do a yoke adjustment due to the string coming off the idler wheel crooked. Broke the sight that came with the bow already, got a new Firestar LE sight on the way hope to have it by the weekend. Replaced the star hunter rest that came with the bow with a whisker biscuit and installed a string loop. Also ordered a Doinker 5 " stabilizer to secure the Truglo Centra sling.

Still need to cut the arrows to length and glue the inserts. As soon as the rest of the stuff comes in and I get this thing all put together and fling a few arrows I'll get some pics of the finished product posted.

Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated. Can't wait to start shooting it.

HawgEnvy
04-20-2011, 06:44 PM
lookin 4ward to the pics. How long b4 the accessories come in?

SJunior
04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Most likely Monday, but they are coming from a couple of different places that aren't too far away so maybe before then depending on when they ship.

Simple Life
04-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the forum SJunior and congrats on your new bow.

SL

SJunior
04-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Well, what I thought was just a yoke adjustment turned out to be a bent idler wheel. Need to contact the company and see what needs to be done, either them send me the parts or I send them the bow.

Had this thing going on a week and have yet to shoot it. Kinda sucks!!!:mad:

martinbowhunter
04-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Well, what I thought was just a yoke adjustment turned out to be a bent idler wheel. Need to contact the company and see what needs to be done, either them send me the parts or I send them the bow.

Had this thing going on a week and have yet to shoot it. Kinda sucks!!!:mad:

How do you know it was a bent idler wheel? I mean was the bend that obvious? Can you post a pic if so? Just asking for my own future referance. Thanks

SJunior
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Took it to the archery shop to get the yoke adjusted and they spun the idler wheel and said there was a bad wobble when they did. Talked to Martin and they're sending the parts to fix it.

elkslayer4x5
04-30-2011, 04:33 AM
A little rundown on my new bow 70# at 30" shooting Beman 340's. Just got it today, need to do a yoke adjustment due to the string coming off the idler wheel crooked. Broke the sight that came with the bow already, got a new Firestar LE sight on the way hope to have it by the weekend. Replaced the star hunter rest that came with the bow with a whisker biscuit and installed a string loop. Also ordered a Doinker 5 " stabilizer to secure the Truglo Centra sling.

Still need to cut the arrows to length and glue the inserts. As soon as the rest of the stuff comes in and I get this thing all put together and fling a few arrows I'll get some pics of the finished product posted.

Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated. Can't wait to start shooting it.

Can I ask how you broke the sight? :confused:

SJunior
04-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Overtightened the screw. Composite bracket on the sight broke.

SJunior
05-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Bow is shooting like a dream. Has a different color idler wheel now but I'm not worried about it. Hope to whack a turkey with it tomorrow. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow.

Simple Life
05-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Bow is shooting like a dream. Has a different color idler wheel now but I'm not worried about it. Hope to whack a turkey with it tomorrow. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow.

Glad to see you shooting again SJ,good luck tomorrow.

SL