PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shoot carbon express 3D select

Gallagher N.B.
04-18-2011, 02:43 PM
looking at getting some and was wundering what you guys thought of them .:confused: Was going for full metal jackets but was offered a good deal on the 3Ds.

SonnyThomas
04-18-2011, 02:53 PM
I shot the older 3D Selects and they were great. I understand the 3Ds are like the older version, none of that weight forward techo stuff. My finished 3D Selects weighed .01 gr from light to heavy for the dozen. Like all quality target arrows they within specs per the dozen. I refused my order at this archery shop because one of the employees mixed 3 dozen Selects together. Took a call from CX to affirm that these arrows are weighed and then bagged. Okay, one bag of Selects may weigh different than another bag of Selects.

cyclepath
04-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Haven't shot the carbon express but I have shot the FMJ and I would go with the express. I found that with the fmj that they are a sweet shooting arrow but they do bend because of the aluminum skin. Shame too for how much they cost. Hope this helps you out.

HawgEnvy
04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
have you considered Harvest Time Archery arrows. They're a very good arrow and could possibly be had cheaper than the CE. They fly better and group tighter than Easton Flatlines's.

straightshooter
04-19-2011, 05:54 AM
ive shot both ...are you looking for a hunting arrow or a target arrow ? The best target arrow from Carbon Express is Blue Streak ..The new 2011 series of Maxima hunters are dual spined and shoot more consistantly, for hunting or target .I personally shoot maxima Hunter 250, at tournaments and hunting ...THEY ARE THE BEST.