PDA

View Full Version : loose mod screws=loctite?

boobowbender
04-18-2011, 08:06 PM
new firecat 400. every 4-6 shots top 2 mod screws come loose. would it be okay to use some blue loctite? thats what i got and i think its their medium strength. Would it void warrenty? i guess i should call martin tomorrow.
b

Rockyhud
04-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't know about voiding warranty but it could booger up the threads after removing the screws the next time (leaves quite a bit of residue in the threads). What works well for me and many others is to apply string wax to the threads of screws then run them into their respective threaded holes. This acts like a thread lube and thread locker - all with one product. And it won't harm your threaded holes.

boobowbender
04-18-2011, 08:26 PM
will do. i guess i have heard that about loose tips.
thanks
b

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-19-2011, 03:33 AM
Most just use string wax. Rub it on and screw them in.

HUTCH:cool:

mudpig
04-19-2011, 05:49 AM
I've never tried the wax on threads, but I have used black finger nail polish. It's cheap, has a weak bond that works well on holding screws, cleans up very well with no residue, and if you put a dab on the head of the screw as well, is a visual aid to tell if the screw is moving at all.

Lung Buster
04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
X 2 on string wax! Works good and when you have too get the screws out later you can!

rjd
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
String wax here too. Was told that by my Martin Dealer when he was doing the work on my High Country .

boobowbender
04-21-2011, 05:13 PM
mod screws still coming loose with wax on them! going to try the fingernail polish trick now
b

MLN1963
04-21-2011, 05:36 PM
mod screws still coming loose with wax on them! going to try the fingernail polish trick now
b

A couple of thoughts.

Something must be out of round or damaged if you are having problems with your screws coming loose.

Don't use fingernail polish, use blue LocTite. It won't damage anything or void the warranty.

You better clean all the wax out of the threads or nothing will stick, LocTite or fingernail polish.