PDA

View Full Version : how to SUPER tune new firecat 400?

boobowbender
04-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Just bought the new firecat 400 smokin fast tack driver! however it wasn't as smooth as the onza i shot with the same cams. Would have had to order the onza and opted for what was in stock. Where do i start to supertune?
papertuned 60#'s apa twister rest, 250 blue streak maximas, new stab on the way(doinker multi rod 10 1/2 in) has s coil for now.
Any help would be great.
Its been rattling the mod screws loose every 4 - 6 shots if that tells you anything
b

boobowbender
04-18-2011, 09:18 PM
btw i just measured ata it was 32 desd nuts, but i'm not quite sure how to measure brace height. i know its from one of the rest holes but which one?

martinbowhunter
04-18-2011, 09:58 PM
btw i just measured ata it was 32 desd nuts, but i'm not quite sure how to measure brace height. i know its from one of the rest holes but which one?

You measure brace height from the deepest part of the grip to the string

martinbowhunter
04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Just bought the new firecat 400 smokin fast tack driver! however it wasn't as smooth as the onza i shot with the same cams. Would have had to order the onza and opted for what was in stock. Where do i start to supertune?
papertuned 60#'s apa twister rest, 250 blue streak maximas, new stab on the way(doinker multi rod 10 1/2 in) has s coil for now.
Any help would be great.
Its been rattling the mod screws loose every 4 - 6 shots if that tells you anything
b

For any screws that do/might come loose, just remove them and put some string wax on the thread and re-insert them. Also start your super tune with making sure your cam's are timed correctly,make sure your center shot is correct on your rest, if your rest is a drop away? make sure it is timed, Also make sure your nicking point is where it should be, i like to start with the nock set 1/8" high. Then you can start with paper tunning if you want. I skip paper tunning and go strait to modified french tunning then to walk back tunning. Also if you want you can do tiller tunning before french tunning....hope this help's you a little.