PDA

View Full Version : Bow limb delaminated

cyclepath
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Just got back from shooting and I'm ready to cry. I was shooting at the range and I started hearing a tick when I would draw the bow. I drew it a few more times and the tick got louder. I checked over the bow and when I was checking the limbs I got scured by a nice size sliver. I'm so upset I don't know what to do. I bought the bow used, and after a long running thread about what my bow was it was determined that it had 2010 limbs and cams on it. I called a local martin dealer but he said he could not help me since I did not buy the bow new from him. So I'm stuck not knowing what to do. I do have martins phone# but I can't call long distance on my phone so I have to get a phone card. I don't know how much it costs for new limbs but it will be a long time before I can afford to get some. Am I over reacting to all of this? Someone give me some good news please!

gravedigger
04-19-2011, 04:32 PM
that sucks,but i think martin an 1-800 #...i think.bary knows all the numbers.maybe he will jump in.

Ehunter
04-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Give Martin a call and tel them that your limbs are cracking. I'm sure they'll take care of you. They'll send the limbs to your nearest dealer, and you can take it from there.

gibson 787
04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Just got back from shooting and I'm ready to cry. I was shooting at the range and I started hearing a tick when I would draw the bow. I drew it a few more times and the tick got louder. I checked over the bow and when I was checking the limbs I got scured by a nice size sliver. I'm so upset I don't know what to do. I bought the bow used, and after a long running thread about what my bow was it was determined that it had 2010 limbs and cams on it. I called a local martin dealer but he said he could not help me since I did not buy the bow new from him. So I'm stuck not knowing what to do. I do have martins phone# but I can't call long distance on my phone so I have to get a phone card. I don't know how much it costs for new limbs but it will be a long time before I can afford to get some. Am I over reacting to all of this? Someone give me some good news please!

Rotten news mate, I had a similar situation with 2010 limb. Not sure if Martin will cover you at no charge, but all you can do is try. Good news is, if you buy a new set, they'll be covered by warranty for life. Good luck and I feel for ya.

martinbowhunter
04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Here's the good news....I had my limbs do the same to me lastweek monday, and got a call today from my dealer saying my limb's were in. Now the bad new is a new set of limbs cost about $120, that's what i got quoted, which i think isn't to much. But i din't have to pay for mine cause i bought the bow new. So hopefully your not down to long. And trust me, when i split my limb's i felt like crying also, go read my thread.

bfisher
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
The toll free is 1-800-541-8902. Even if you have to use a phone card it might be worth it. Joel just might take care of you to your satisfaction. If you don't ask you'll never know.

cyclepath
04-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys, I feel alittle better. It's not the end of the world I know but I sure don't see a sun shiny day coming to soon. I'll talk with martin tomorrow but not sure what to say about the limbs if they have already been changed to 2010. Any ideas?

gibson 787
04-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys, I feel alittle better. It's not the end of the world I know but I sure don't see a sun shiny day coming to soon. I'll talk with martin tomorrow but not sure what to say about the limbs if they have already been changed to 2010. Any ideas?

What is the code written on the limb? The new solid core limbs will have a P or an M after the number. The first of the 2010 limbs were not the new solid core ones. Also, if you look at the end of the limbs, the end that's bolted to the riser, the laminations are visible. If the ends look smooth, then they likely are the new solid core limbs.

cyclepath
04-19-2011, 08:04 PM
What is the code written on the limb? The new solid core limbs will have a P or an M after the number. The first of the 2010 limbs were not the new solid core ones. Also, if you look at the end of the limbs, the end that's bolted to the riser, the laminations are visible. If the ends look smooth, then they likely are the new solid core limbs.

The numbers on the limbs are 4h 6/10 on the top limb and 4hc 6/10 on the bottom.

gibson 787
04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
The numbers on the limbs are 4h 6/10 on the top limb and 4hc 6/10 on the bottom.

So they were made in june of last year. I have the new solid core limbs that were made in June 2010, but they have the letter P. I think yours are the laminated variety, but check with Joel tomorrow. If he's in a good mood, never know it might be your lucky day. Whatever happens, I'd be wanting the new Power Tough limbs on my bow for sure.
Good luck mate, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. ;)

cyclepath
04-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Here's a question before I contact martin, 2 hour difference between here and there. I have a martin dealer close by but he does not carry the pro series bows. Does that matter? Would he be able to order the limbs for me from martin? If I ordered them would martin send them to his shop? Sorry guys, more then 1 question. ;)

cyclepath
04-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Contacted local martin dealer and they said they would be able to accept the limbs but they do not set up bows so I am on my own as far as having them put on. Called martin and got a recorded message so I left my information, now just waiting to hear back from them. Now I'm nervous as hell, kinda like waiting for your verdict at a trial. :eek:

cyclepath
04-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Just got off the phone with Joel. He said I had to have a dealer call and order them. Is this normal?

martinbowhunter
04-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Just got off the phone with Joel. He said I had to have a dealer call and order them. Is this normal?

Yes.........

martinbowhunter
04-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Contacted local martin dealer and they said they would be able to accept the limbs but they do not set up bows so I am on my own as far as having them put on. Called martin and got a recorded message so I left my information, now just waiting to hear back from them. Now I'm nervous as hell, kinda like waiting for your verdict at a trial. :eek:

Your not on your own man, you have this forum and its members to help you get the job done correctly if you may not have the know how.

Simple Life
04-20-2011, 12:02 PM

Yeah,he told me the same thing,I just took my bow to the pro shop and had them order them.Sorry to hear about your bow,hope you get fixed up quickly.

SL

cyclepath
04-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Well guys thanks for all the support. I get alittle over the top when things go wrong, especially with my toys. My dragon is down also and now with the firecat down I'm out of compounds. Lucky for me I still have my martin viper to play with or I would not be a nice person to be around. Short story long, I deceided to forgo the one shop in the area since all they were able to do is receive the limbs and then give them to me. Beats me how a place can be a dealer yet not do any work on bows, so I headed to my other local martin dealer, they are pretty expensive for work and products but I was kinda stuck, so anyway, they talked with Joel and there is a brand new set of limbs on the way! Just when I thought the day could not get any better than this the tech, who we had become good friends over the last couple years, told me he would set up the bow and tune it for me when the new limbs get there, price, 0 dollars. I guess it pays to spend lots of money and time at the local shop. Kind of changed my opinion about the shop. So, it was and is sad that this had to happen, but, I'm very pleased how everything has worked out the way it did. NOW is playing the waiting game. :(

Ehunter
04-21-2011, 02:00 PM
It's good to have a local shop that'll take care of you like that. My nearest Martin shop is about 40 miles away, and only open part time. Must just be a hobby for them I guess. lol

martinbowhunter
04-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Don't forget to post pics when you get your new limbs put on. You know Hutch and Gravedigger love to see pics!