PDA

View Full Version : martin beats mattews

timbow
04-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I took first in the archery shoot this weekend! 2nd and 3rd place shooters both had z7 xtremes and that just goes to show you that you dont need a really expensive bow to be a succesful archer. plus i just love beatin them with my cheetah cuz they think since its not a matthews its not any good, but 1st place went to a 2010 martin cheetah!:cool:

kylecurtis04
04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
just shows how blind & ignorant people can be. congrats on the gold!

Ehunter
04-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Congrats timbow. Did you happen to tell them what your bow cost compared to theirs? lol

boothill
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Excellent job...next month just do it again and they will really be PO'd.

SonnyThomas
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Big time Congrats.

gibson 787
04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I took first in the archery shoot this weekend! 2nd and 3rd place shooters both had z7 xtremes and that just goes to show you that you dont need a really expensive bow to be a succesful archer. plus i just love beatin them with my cheetah cuz they think since its not a matthews its not any good, but 1st place went to a 2010 martin cheetah!:cool:

Well done mate, they're a nice little bow I bought one in 09, lent it to a guy and he won't give it back!!!

HawgEnvy
04-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Well done mate, they're a nice little bow I bought one in 09, lent it to a guy and he won't give it back!!!

whoop his a$$,steal his credit card and buy a new one! Lol.

congrats on the win Timbow. I don't shoot w anyone that has a Matthews,but my Cheetah's set to smoke a Parker,Quest,Hoyt,Alpine and PSE very soon. One guy I shoot with has been on hunts w the Nuge(so he says)but my 290's in 3D compared to him struggling to make 220's really upsets him. Keep it up. It's all in good fun. You can get away with sayin alot so long as you do it with a smile n a pat on the back.

gibson 787
04-19-2011, 06:00 PM
whoop his a$$,steal his credit card and buy a new one! Lol.

Yeah, I miss her..... but nah, he'd break down in tears LOL, it's good to see this guy enjoying himself, he's been through a lot of bad stuff lately, had a bugger of a time.

HawgEnvy
04-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Congrats :) have you guys notice that most of the people who shoots mattews are arrogant pricks ... k just saying.... at less here in montana they are.:mad:

that's an understatment. They remind me of the pretty boys wearin polo shirts that always talked trash in school...

cyclepath
04-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Congrats :) have you guys notice that most of the people who shoots mattews are arrogant pricks ... k just saying.... at less here in montana they are.:mad:

Before I answer this I must say congrats timbow. Now, as far as mathews guys being arrogant pricks, I wouldn't know, they won't talk to me cause I shoot a matin!! lmao :D

mudpig
04-20-2011, 06:09 AM
Congrats timbow!!!!

timbow
04-20-2011, 07:03 AM
it's the same way at this bow shop i've taken my bow to a few times. i took it there to see about my axle to axle length it was at 29 3/4 insted of 30'' and they said that martins specs arent right. and it seems like they don't ever want to work on it or talk to me about it they kinda just act like well its just a martin. i'm really picky and want my bow to shoot as good as it possibly can, they told me not to twist my string at all to try to get the axle to axle right. maybe they're right im not sure.

alex
04-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Congrats, Timbow!

HawgEnvy
04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
it's the same way at this bow shop i've taken my bow to a few times. i took it there to see about my axle to axle length it was at 29 3/4 insted of 30'' and they said that martins specs arent right. and it seems like they don't ever want to work on it or talk to me about it they kinda just act like well its just a martin. i'm really picky and want my bow to shoot as good as it possibly can, they told me not to twist my string at all to try to get the axle to axle right. maybe they're right im not sure.

sounds like you should find another pro shop. Their service shouldn't be based on what brand you shoot.twist your strings to get it to spec.

Arrow Splitter
04-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Congrats, timbow.:cool:

A.S

Bowhunter_IL_BT
04-20-2011, 05:27 PM
I shoot a 2010 Cheetah as well! The bow kicks *** for one third of the price of the Mathews. :D

Rockyhud
04-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I had my first personal experience regarding some peoples' arrogance in thinking Martin bows are substandard to Mathews. I was in Washington state earlier this year on a business trip and had some down time so I visited a few archery shops in the Tacoma vicinity. The second shop sold BowTech and Mathews - guess what they push hardest.

When I told them I was considering a new bow they asked what I currently had. I told them honestly my 08 Martin Firecat. Both sales guys chuckled and said I would definitely be majorly stepping up by getting a Mathews. I didn't let that affect me as I wanted a chance to shoot one so I could see if there really was anything better. They handed me a Z7 to look over and talked it up while I was doing so. So, I asked if I could shoot it and they said yes and proceeded to set it to my DL and DW (matching what my Firecat is set to).

Now, I must admit, the camo finish on this particular bow was done well - no glaring flaws I could find. The draw cycle was smooth and it ended in a nice firm wall. At the shot it was quiet and pretty much dead in the hand. However, it was no where near as fast as my Firecat and if it was quieter it wasn't by much. I surmised the smooth draw was attributable to its single cam design, which also accounted for its slow speed too. I was favorably impressed by the bow quality but certainly not enough to want to pay $900 for a bare bow that was slower and maybe only marginally quieter than my current bow.

I left this shop with an even better feeling that I had made a good choice when I bought my Firecat.

BTW, I also shot a new BowTech Allegiance while I was at this shop. In terms of the draw cycle it reminded me of the more aggressive draw cycle of my Firecat but it didn't seem quite as smooth through the draw cycle and it was definitely louder when shot than either the Z7 or my Firecat.