PDA

View Full Version : Onza 3 issue with mods...

nnelzon23
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
On my onza 3 I seem to have a problem with my serving being cut into where the cable jumps from the cam to the mod. I first noticed on the bottom so I looked it over for burs or catches but found nothing. now it has cut through the bottom serving and is wearing into the top serving. Any ideas?

nnelzon23
04-21-2011, 12:27 PM
It looks as though there is a bigger wall where the mod sets against the cam and that the cable is getting pinch out or it is catching on the top of this wall.

bfisher
04-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Doesn't sound very good. I has a similar issue with the modules on my 2008 FireCat. On my bow it was a sharp edge in the module groove. It becomes more pronounced right at the transition point where the cable rolls from the cam and into the module groove. What I did was take a fine file and chamfer the edge of the module groove and that took care of the problem.

In your case it may take the same procedure, but then you'll also have to reserve the cable(s) if they are that bad. I had many years of seeing this and look for the least bit of fraying and catch it before reserving is necessary.

I hope this helps.

And while I'm at it, welcome to the Tech Forum.

nnelzon23
04-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the help. I have rubbed on it a bit I just didnt want to get to far.

Ehunter
04-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Barry gave some good advice. My 2011 FC400 had the same issues. A little bit of work with a needle file and some fine sandpaper, and the problem was solved for me. Local Martin guy said it was something that happened with the first batch of 2011 bows, but the problem has since been solved by Martin. Let's hope he's right. lol

Buggles
04-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Yeah, noticed scuffing on my Onza 3 cables as well, did what Barry suggested, no problems since.